The walking dead is boring

legend forge

Mar 26, 2010
CODE-D said:
legend forge said:
Haven't seen 28 days, and to me the other 2 aren't really about the zombies as much. For one they are comedies and not horror, meaning they use a different pacing and character arc. For another the character interactions are the meat of the story. Though they are some of the funniest movies I have seen.
As people have made quite clear walking dead isnt about the zombies either..."its about the characters and drama" however uninteresting at times they/that may be and this "amazing character driven story" that seems nonexistent, perhaps in the comics but I dont see it on tv.
And wait you havent seen 28 days later I mean walking deads opening is almost identical to the point of ripoff. guy, coma, wakes up in hospital...shits gone down, difference was the use of silence and a car alarm that made one of scariest zombie free scenes ever.
Walking dead is a character driven drama about how these people act in these kind of situations, and what a zombie apocalypse might actually be like. I am not saying that kind of show is for everyone, some people just don't like it You can't say its uninteresting and the story is non existent, what you CAN say is you don't get it or don't enjoy it. A lot of us do, hence why it is so popular.

Crazy_Dude

Nov 3, 2010
So far I am liking the second season. It had some good moments so far and can't wait they have in store for the rest of the season.

Fayathon

Professional Lurker
Nov 18, 2009
I enjoyed the first season, barring a few really annoying details, but I don't have AMC anymore so I can't watch the new season without torrenting it. I think the biggest thing that bothers me is the fact that the show is so far detached from the comic, and don't yell at me for being a comic book purist, I'm not, I was just disappointed that so much of the comics were just completely skipped, as they were easily excellent for storytelling and fleshed the characters out a hell of a lot more, and if there is one thing I love it's a massively in-depth overview on the characters of any given work. (Providing the source material doesn't suck of course.)

Lori Love

Nov 21, 2011
I absolutely agree the show is a major drag "The search for Sophia" has gone on way too long. Give the people what they want! Check out this site- Devilinapinkdress- For the review "The Walking Dead Continues to bore viewers to death"

Dean Treadway

Mar 6, 2012
I just wish the show had a little more humor. I don't see how humanity could exist without a little laughter, even in the face of a zombie apocalypse. The show just hits one somber note over and over again. I'm glad there's not non-stop head-stabbing, but I need to see a little more humanity.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Toaster Hunter said:
Walking dead is not a horror show, its a character drama. The zombie apocalypse is a setting not a plot. Its about the interactions between the characters and their struggles, mental as well as physical. The slow pace is the whole point over non stop action.
Agreed although I've only read 1 through 6 of the hard cover graphic novels. I was so bored I couldn't sleep because reading the damn things was too much fun.

Brad Shepard

Sep 9, 2009
that's just like your opinion man...

Really though

killing off Dale was a freaking stupid move, fans are outraged.

Goofguy

Nov 25, 2010
I can appreciate the purpose of the show and the desolate atmosphere the writers are trying to create. However, the source material accomplished that well enough on its own... there's no need for the show to be veering so far off course.

arnoldthebird

Sep 30, 2011
I didn't love Breaking Bad to begin with, I thought it was far too slow. But I came back to it last year and was pleasantly surprised, I like the characters, thought the pacing was brilliant etc.

Perhaps come back and try again later, you might be pleasantly surprised

Zack Alklazaris

Oct 6, 2011
The show is really slow and I hate the long dragged out inner storylines. Like last season with the daughter
really half a fucking season trying to find a girl who was dead the whole time? Couldn't the owner of the barn just make a casual comment that shes in there?

I've never been a major zombie movie fan to begin with. I love zombies, but I have seen it, played it all before. Its nothing new.

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
Brad Shepard said:
that's just like your opinion man...

Really though

killing off Dale was a freaking stupid move, fans are outraged.
I'm not sure it was stupid as I didn't really think he had a real personality but the problem is that with Dale gone there isn't one character that's an actual good person, everybody else is sort of in the gray area of morality, Dale was the only character that was clearly good and that's really why they are angry, because there's no good guy anymore, well maybe Glenn but everybody automatically became not good when they didn't vote against killing the kid, well there's the blonde chick [small](Whose name I forgot)[/small] but she took a little convincing and she's still on Shane's side, unless that's changed now since the last episode I saw was Dale's death and that was today, if that changes don't tell me I'll find out next week.
Anyway my point is that killing off Dale was necessary to stablish that there is no definite good anymore or that's what I got out of it anyway.