The Weirdest Anime you have ever seen?

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
dantoddd said:
Angel's Egg

This is one of the most surreal movie experiences i've ever had. I don't know even if this was good movie or not.

Good call. A beautiful anime, but visually exhausting to watch.

For me, it can't get any weirder than the music video to Ken Ishii's Extra.

aba1

Mar 18, 2010
Scumpernickle said:
chuckman1 said:
I'd have to say flcl
Definitely FLCL. I've only seen about 4 or 5 other shows, and I thought this was pretty weird. But damn was it awesome.
You wana know somthing funnny flcl is about puberty :p

if you watch is a few times it starts to make alot of sence there is the subtext of it all being about puberty and the actual plot is about a girl from another dimension who uses a bass guitar to create a portal through the main characters forehead while she plays on his emotions (when he feels strong emotions the portal opens) to summon forth robots in hopes of bring forth the pirate king because she plans to steal his power. The main character is dealing with growing up and all these changes in his life while all this is happening.

aba1

Mar 18, 2010
Captain_Fantastic said:
Cromartie High School just from watching the opening i knew this show was going to destroy my ideals of reality
oooo another hillarious show easily not the most random or wierdest but deffinatly alot of fun and fits in this cadagory

aba1

Mar 18, 2010
Theo Rob said:
beserk
fd'up variety of demons and stuff
fucked up in a are they allowed to show that!?!!??! sorta way but wierd not so much

Ked

Mar 9, 2010
Ghost Hound was very strange, especially the floating baby things :S, I couldn't actually finish it cuz it freaked me out too much.

the end of Evangelion scares me so much more than it should as well, that whole series was weird but amazing

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
Dotto Koni-chan. The series is rather obscure (if you search for it in youtube you will not find any clips in English).

The show was extremely random, with lots of weird characters and situations; although to be fair, most of the humor came from the dubbing, which in Latin America was really good.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Seikon no Qwaser (well ok that is more WTF than weird). The series is revolve around these people who can manipulate a single element from the periodic table and it some how involve ALOT of breast milk. To make this even more weird (f*** up than it already is) apparently teenage girls can magically make the milk (no they aren't pregnent which would of been sickening). This sound more like some bizare Hentai series but it isn't.

Jun 13, 2010
Thinking about it and reading this thread, are any anime really normal? I think the majority of societies outside of Japan would think they were all pretty bizarre. I know this ones been mentioned before but Yakitatte Japan is my personal favorite bizarre anime. I mean, it's about bread baking and the kids bread makes people hallucinate and do all sorts of crazy shit like die and go to heaven and then come back to life or go back in time. And the openings....

<youtube=v5e0hlC6Wmk>
<youtube=701cONSyg5U>

It's good stuff. I recommend it highly.

PureChaos

Aug 16, 2008
sgt. soap mctavish said:
I'm really surprised no one put this on here yet: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gD8nV8RlPU
as weird as that was, Gurren Lagann is a bit weirder

newwiseman

Aug 27, 2010
I'm gonna say Serial Experiments Lain, because it's not on the first page, and Jungle Wa Itsumo Hare Nochi Guu Deluxe was a little strange.

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
Distorted Stu said:
A thread like this came up a while ago, something like the twisted or sickest you have seen.

Someone mentioned Kissxsis and it got my attention because they described it as "WTFMAN."

So i tried it out and after an episode my reaction was "Why would you do that, Japan?"
After reading your post I went and had a look-see at one of the episodes without actually looking up what it was about.....

I feel dirty now.

Terror_666

Jan 7, 2009
Serial Experiments Lain
I have watched it a bunch of times and I still have no Idea what was happening

Distorted Stu

Sep 22, 2009
anthony87 said:
Distorted Stu said:
A thread like this came up a while ago, something like the twisted or sickest you have seen.

Someone mentioned Kissxsis and it got my attention because they described it as "WTFMAN."

So i tried it out and after an episode my reaction was "Why would you do that, Japan?"
After reading your post I went and had a look-see at one of the episodes without actually looking up what it was about.....

I feel dirty now.
I did the exact same thing lol

Fbuh

Feb 3, 2009
Zhadramekel said:
Kampfer or Trigun
Really, Trigun? You, my friend, are severely unerexposed to the wonders of Japanese animation if Trigun is the oddest show you've seen.

Try watching Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt. In fact, I wish to change my answer to Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt. And while I'm at it, I think I would like to state that Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt is now one of my favorite shows.