The Witcher 3 Gets Five-Minute Gameplay Trailer

lassiie

May 26, 2013
SomeLameStuff said:
lassiie said:
".....interwoven with religious fanaticism, war crimes, even racism".

Ummmmm What????? I'm sorry, religious fanaticism and war crimes seem a million times worse than racism. When I heard that line I actually laughed out loud. They show people burning at the stake, being hung, than someone commenting about a she-elf's ears. Yea...sorry, the other two things were worse, and somehow racism was supposed to be the controversial one.
I think they were referencing this trope [http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ArsonMurderAndJaywalking].

OT: I really really hope this can run on a laptop. My desktop is dead, and not in the same country as me.
Ahhh, you may very well be correct and this would make perfect sense with the way she listed the 3 as well as the example they used to go along with it. Didn't realize this trope was a thing, and now I love their sense of humor even more.

lassiie

May 26, 2013
Kungfu_Teddybear said:
lassiie said:

Ummmmm What????? I'm sorry, religious fanaticism and war crimes seem a million times worse than racism. When I heard that line I actually laughed out loud. They show people burning at the stake, being hung, than someone commenting about a she-elf's ears. Yea...sorry, the other two things were worse, and somehow racism was supposed to be the controversial one.
Racism in the game goes beyond mere name calling. Elves and Dwarves are brutally beaten and slaughtered for just being non-humans.
That doesn't change the fact that the first two things that were listed are infinitely worse than racism. Plus, the example they gave was of just name calling which is why I found it so funny.

Chriss_m

Sep 22, 2014
ForumSafari said:
Chriss_m said:
Religious?
That seems a bit disconnected, they can disagree with you without being a caricature.
I didn't state that he was a caricature. Actually, I didn't state anything. I asked him a question, he responded, that was it.

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
Can't wait to grab this and see how my PC handles it.

Shame about the thread though, it shows how downtordden the ES has come to, I mean this is a thread with Witcher 3 gameplay and the majority is squawking too much about the line of Racism/Sex and suddenly it's like I've entered Tumblr all over again, ever since GG and before it this place has just been a sess pit of talk, not for gaming but for topics that other sites based on those topics already have, this site usually covers gaming, sure it covers films but most of the time it's gaming and last I checked gaming wasn't all down to race/gender/sexism crap talk.

I don't visit here often anymore, I might post a few times but I;m utterly disappointed in what the site has become, I remember being a viewer back in 06/07 and joining in 2010 and for a time it was good, but ever since GG and Anita and all the other surrounding crap I felt the need to find other sites that retain what this site used to be like, I shouldn't have to do that but I did.

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
Good to see that the Assassin's Creed lady is still getting work.

What is with this focus on realism? I know they mean grounded in its own reality, but honestly the realism card always serve to annoy me (especially because magic is in that frigging world).

I'm not familiar with the first two games, but I certainly hope racism means more than just Humans being assholes to non-Humans like it usually does.

Chriss_m

Sep 22, 2014
Shadow-Phoenix said:
Can't wait to grab this and see how my PC handles it.

Shame about the thread though, it shows how downtordden the ES has come to, I mean this is a thread with Witcher 3 gameplay and the majority is squawking too much about the line of Racism/Sex and suddenly it's like I've entered Tumblr all over again, ever since GG and before it this place has just been a sess pit of talk, not for gaming but for topics that other sites based on those topics already have, this site usually covers gaming, sure it covers films but most of the time it's gaming and last I checked gaming wasn't all down to race/gender/sexism crap talk.

I don't visit here often anymore, I might post a few times but I;m utterly disappointed in what the site has become, I remember being a viewer back in 06/07 and joining in 2010 and for a time it was good, but ever since GG and Anita and all the other surrounding crap I felt the need to find other sites that retain what this site used to be like, I shouldn't have to do that but I did.
I think you should calm down, to be honest. I'm pro-GG, but I'm not talking about GG or any censorship point, and I don't know if anyone in here is an SJW, but I haven't seen any of that typical hysteria.

If you're talking about my convo with the other fellow about whether sex scenes in the game work, well, it was just a chat about the game. I think you're overreacting, frankly.

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
Glorious..downright glorious!

My PC and body is ready for this game (also read the books for extra immersion). I cannot wait to explore every nook and cranny of this world.

GTA 5 PC in 2 days and then in one month we get Witcher 3 then in June Arkham Knight. The next few months are going to be pretty insane.

Chriss_m

Sep 22, 2014
DarkhoIlow said:
Glorious..downright glorious!

My PC and body is ready for this game (also read the books for extra immersion). I cannot wait to explore every nook and cranny of this world.

GTA 5 PC in 2 days and then in one month we get Witcher 3 then in June Arkham Knight. The next few months are going to be pretty insane.
this is w game I am really excited for. It's going to be special. I can feel t, man, I can feel it.

Rozalia1

Mar 1, 2014
Charcharo said:
Of coarse you wouldnt be... it aint a JRPG (overrated too IMHO)
I'll give any game a chance if its you know, actually interesting. I liked Human Revolution and Xcom for example.

JET1971

Apr 7, 2011
I did both and there's more sex on the Roche side, they have a whorehouse. I played both and managed to do the Iorveth side without sex.

I really am not sure what you are going on about, it is part of the lore that the society Geralt lives in doesn't have major hangups about sex and being a common whore is treated the same as a tavern wench delivering the next mug of ale and a Madame is the same as the tavern owner in the society. It's a part of Geralt's world. Since it is a part of his world then if they didn't show it they wouldn't be doing their job. Having a hangup about sex makes it seem pointless and pandering, and worse is when the person with the hangup pursues the sex in the game.

ki11joyace

Nov 16, 2014
Charcharo said:
lassiie said:
Kungfu_Teddybear said:
lassiie said:

Racism in the game goes beyond mere name calling. Elves and Dwarves are brutally beaten and slaughtered for just being non-humans.
That doesn't change the fact that the first two things that were listed are infinitely worse than racism. Plus, the example they gave was of just name calling which is why I found it so funny.
Honestly, the first two things arent as bad as irrational (100%) pure stupid hatred.

Or the pogroms...
The voice over should have mentioned the pogroms, people new to the series might not know of them. War crimes and religious fanaticism seem to be more prevalent in games (even CoD has war crimes), but racist pogroms don't seem to be depicted as much. I could be wrong though.

DementedSheep

Jan 8, 2010
It looks beutifull but I don't play TW for open word messing around (especially if the combat is still as clunky as TW2 though I assume they will have refined it). I guess I'll see what the ratio of random irrelevant things is to actual story related stuff is when it comes out.

JET1971 said:
I did both and there's more sex on the Roche side, they have a whorehouse. I played both and managed to do the Iorveth side without sex.

I really am not sure what you are going on about, it is part of the lore that the society Geralt lives in doesn't have major hangups about sex and being a common whore is treated the same as a tavern wench delivering the next mug of ale and a Madame is the same as the tavern owner in the society. It's a part of Geralt's world. Since it is a part of his world then if they didn't show it they wouldn't be doing their job. Having a hangup about sex makes it seem pointless and pandering, and worse is when the person with the hangup pursues the sex in the game.
I'm not who you were replying to but while Iorveth side doesn't have a whorehouse it dose have more fan service without you pursing it. I was ok with it up until around the 2rd or 3rd damn time you walk in Philippa and then it was getting on my nerves. I don't mind there being whorehouses and didn't mind the sex cards from TW1 (aside from a few specific ones that were automatic upon doing something not sex related and had awful implication), I even like some of them but personally I would prefer if it was appropriately timed and they keep a lot of it optional. Not all of it has to be but IMO they were pushing it a little bit too far and it was getting ridicules.

Fdzzaigl

Mar 31, 2010
Looks really good. That said, I too have never actually been able to complete the previous Witcher games. It wasn't so much the story that put me off, but the gameplay and camera perspectives that I disliked.

I bought a lot of games lately, so I don't think I'll get this until I can at least bring myself to finish TW2.

blackrave

Mar 7, 2012
Master10K said:
SomeLameStuff said:
lassiie said:
I think they were referencing this trope [http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ArsonMurderAndJaywalking].

OT: I really really hope this can run on a laptop. My desktop is dead, and not in the same country as me.
Unfortunately... that seems unlikely [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txQgW328-xk].
FUCK!
Haven't upgraded for 5 years.
Since education is more important than gaming, upgrade will have to wait till end of 2015 or start of 2016
Please don't take my PC master race card away!

freaper

snuggere mongool
Apr 3, 2010
Since there is no racism in Belgium I have to find different ways to experience it. I might have to upgrade my PC first, though.