The World's LEAST hated video game developer

V TheSystem V

Sep 11, 2009
Valve or Bioware. I would say Infinity Ward, but after the staff culling, I don't think their company is going to be producing another good game any time soon.

Valve's track record has been flawless, Bioware's too, but they did release the Sonic RPG, which got pretty mixed reviews.

hardhans

Aug 1, 2010
Tripwire interactive probably not done enough to be hated yet though red orchestra and killing floor are both made of great win

OceanRunner

Mar 18, 2009
Valve hires people who make good mods. Bioware make great western RPG's. Square-Enix made Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy. Clover made Okami and Viewtiful Joe. They all rule!

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
oppp7 said:
Activision or Ubisoft.
I hope you were saying that ironicly, because those two are right up there with EA for MOST HATED.

OT: Valve, BioWare, and Blizzard.

EDIT: OHH! Team Ico.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
AMMO Kid said:
I would vote for Activision,
Activision are actually a publisher, so they provide money and own development studios but they don't make games themselves. But yeah, even before that everyone hated them.

Least hated would be Valve or BioWare.

mad825 said:
bioware has it be the least hated...for now

btw people, I HATE VALVE for some very oblivious reasons...also I dislike to what they are doing/have done to the gaming market..
I take it you mean 'obvious' not 'oblivious'. And what are they doing to the gaming market exactly?

Zaik

Jul 20, 2009
theSovietConnection said:
Zaik said:
Valve because *I* hate bioware
And I hate Valve. Your argument is invalid.

I'd have to say either Blizzard, Free Radical, or Bioware. Those 3 don't seem to attract as much ire around the people I know.

wasn't aware we were arguing

Jezzascmezza

Aug 18, 2009
I don't think a single person hates Valve.
Everyone seems to go crazy for Bioware, but in my opinion, they're merely decent.
Everyone loved Infinity Ward pre-MW2, but I don't even think Infinity Ward really exists anymore.
I'd also like to think that no one dislikes Bethesda or Bungie, but that probably isn't true...
EDIT: Oh, and Avalanche Studios (Just Cause 1 and 2)

Fraught

Aug 2, 2008
AMMO Kid said:
Who do you think is the world's LEAST hated game developer and why? Based on games made and love for the fan base and the likes. I would vote for Activision, but after they screwed over Infinity Ward they probably lots a lot of fans.
Seriously?

Seriously?!

Out of all the developers who are least hated, you picked, fuckin'...Activision? As far as I know, Activision is probably the most hated...video game company, right alongside EA (who's more varies between people).

I'd say Valve or Bioware. Both are big companies, but both make amazing games, and I know that Valve especially is very intimately involved with their community (that is to say, their fans).

Also, I'd pick some really small development studios, as they aren't well-known, not many people know of them, and the majority of who know them, are probably the people who love their games.

Feb 13, 2010
Naughty Dog perhaps, there's plenty of love for Crash Bandicoot, Jack & Daxter was pretty successful and Uncharted is an extremely good action/adventure platformer.

However, they do tend for neglect a franchise once their new titles become popular i.e. got shot of Crash to develop J & D and cancelled a new J & D to concentrate on Uncharted 2

Rockstar would be would be a good shout as well

-AC80-

Jul 10, 2009
valve and dice what else? there games have stolen more than 10,000 hours of my life.

Amphoteric

Jun 8, 2010
I would say Westwood studios in the 90s. How could you not like the people who created the RTS genre.