Ironic Pirate said:
Psychosocial said:
Dr. Feelgood said:
1.Avenged Sevenfold
2.Coheed and Cambria
3.Linkin Park
4.System of a Down
5.Any other generic bands that suck.
Yeahhhh.... I don't think you're allowed to call bands generic when you've got a Metallica avatar.
And also when his username is a Motley Crue song...
What's so bad about Motley Crue?
Nothing, they just sound similar to a lot of other Glam metal from the 80's. Again, not bad, pretty good even, but kinda generic.

Also, SOAD, even if you don't like them, don't seem generic. The only album I've heard os Toxicity, and it seemed different from anything else I'd ever heard.

I was just wondering why you called them generic.
I'll admit, it is sometimes hard to tell Motley Crue from other bands of the era.

Honestly, System of a Down isn't actually that original. Other bands have tried to do the whole "anti-establishment" thing; the way I see it, they're no more original than anyone else.

[guys_its_ok]

Jul 1, 2010
has anyone ever heard this type of music genre called "gabber"?

worst.

shit.

ever.

it's so much worse than any other type of music or any other band in this entire thread that has been mentioned so far.

also my favorite bands are primus and daft punk. i also like metallica but its not really my thing.

AbsoluteVirtue18

Jan 14, 2009
I can't honestly say which band is the worst ever.

But I do not like HIM. They aren't the worst, I just don't like them.

Although I am using that gif as my photo now.

xavi

Jul 1, 2010
Broady Brio said:
3OH!3 Yeah they don't try to be Lonely Island at all.

Disney artists. Yeah not too much potential there.

Mister Eff said:
This may be controversial.

Nirvana - Just my least favourite massive band in the genre ever. Cannot stand any of their albums. I've tried, I really have.
Thats fine. You arn't alone in that. Just dont insult them or You. Will. Die. By other people.
First off...I am not a 3OH!3 fan, that being said. They were around years before lonely island.
Anyway:Green day, Emmure(felony to be exact), nickleback, Soulja boy tell 'em, ICP, Limpbizket, and brokencyde.

Dr. Feelgood said:
Your once and future Fanboy said:
Dr. Feelgood said:
1.Avenged Sevenfold
2.Coheed and Cambria
3.Linkin Park
4.System of a Down
Anyone calling System of A Down generic should put a shotgun to their head, because the lack of intelligence whould be so dire that it could't hurt to shoot themself.
I understand that some don't like the band BUT calling it generic is just ignorant.
I bet you have hust heard BYOB and Chop Suey and decided to brand it as generic.

And Metallica WHERE the greatest trash metal band, They WHERE good and original, But NOW they suck... HARD, and their lyrics have been swiftly declining since 1986, and if your a fan you better know the reason
If Metallica sucked hard then they wouldn't be selling out every show they play. :D
avenged sevenfold and linkin park sell out all their shows too. So does U2. Last time I checked the most demanded tickets of all last year was hannah montana/jonas brothers... Just because its sold out doesn't make it any better.

Skullman 125

Jan 25, 2010
Dr. Feelgood said:
Ironic Pirate said:
Dr. Feelgood said:
Ironic Pirate said:
Psychosocial said:
Dr. Feelgood said:
1.Avenged Sevenfold
2.Coheed and Cambria
3.Linkin Park
4.System of a Down
Yeahhhh.... I don't think you're allowed to call bands generic when you've got a Metallica avatar.
Nothing, they just sound similar to a lot of other Glam metal from the 80's. Again, not bad, pretty good even, but kinda generic.

Also, SOAD, even if you don't like them, don't seem generic. The only album I've heard os Toxicity, and it seemed different from anything else I'd ever heard.

I'll admit, it is sometimes hard to tell Motley Crue from other bands of the era.

Honestly, System of a Down isn't actually that original. Other bands have tried to do the whole "anti-establishment" thing; the way I see it, they're no more original than anyone else.
SoaD's song structure is some of the most unique and original you can find within rock/metal regardless of which decade you look at.

I have no idea why you dislike them so much. You can't seem to get past some of their lyrical themes, and write them off as generic and gimmicky.

By generic, I'm sure you're referring to them being one of hundreds of other "anti-establishment" bands, right? Cause really, I dare you to link me bands with similar song structures as System.

Take your time. I'll be waiting.

Xan Holbrook

May 26, 2010
1. Kenny G - In the words of Henry Rollins, 'DEATH TO FALSE BEBOP!'
2. Justin Beiber - Not only disney peadophilia fodder, but also a wifebeater in the making.
3. Jeffrey Starr - KILL IT WITH FIRE!
4. Brokencyde - Seriously makes me wonder how record label execs choose acts.
5. 3OH!3 - Not gangsta, funny or in any way shape or form entertaining.
6. The Jonas Brothers - Why do they need chastity rings if they don't have any genitals?

Dr. Feelgood

Jul 13, 2010
Tawm said:
Dr. Feelgood said:
Ironic Pirate said:
Dr. Feelgood said:
Ironic Pirate said:
Psychosocial said:
Dr. Feelgood said:
1.Avenged Sevenfold
2.Coheed and Cambria
3.Linkin Park
4.System of a Down

SoaD's song structure is some of the most unique and original you can find within rock/metal regardless of which decade you look at.

I have no idea why you dislike them so much. You can't seem to get past some of their lyrical themes, and write them off as generic and gimmicky.

By generic, I'm sure you're referring to them being one of hundreds of other "anti-establishment" bands, right? Cause really, I dare you to link me bands with similar song structures as System.

Well, erm, Coheed and Cambria for one. :D

Unique/original song structure doesn't mean good. They are one of the most overrated bands out there. The overall way they sound when you put everything together does not appeal to me at all. A big part of my hate for them is, in fact, how overrated they are.

BodomBeachChild

Nov 12, 2009
SoaD does suck, especially live. I'd rank them as one of the worst live bands ever. I'm sorry, but they do as much doctoring in the studio to their music and voices as do singers like Beyonce and Lady Gaga to be able to perform live. And yeah, their lyrics suck.

If you want bands with crazy song structures, which I'm not sure if you are talking about actual structure or varying tempos, look to Cattle Decapitation, Pig Destroyer, Soilent Green, etc. Y'know... bands that actually try.

And yeah, my SN does refer to CoB. This name is also 11 years old. CoB sucks now =(

BiscuitTrouser

Elite Member
May 19, 2008
PurpleLeafRave said:
Captain Pancake said:
Negative thread is negative.

That being said, BrokeNcyde.
Why would you even mention that? Why do you make me remember that horrible horrible sound. They tormented my dreams.

Also, here's a video if you don't know who they are.

Jesus you know about them too? Niall showed me a while back and we both agreed it was the most horrible fusion of music genres to ever stain the earth.

Elements of pop, and elements of screamo, coming together to make something no where near as good as iether.

And yes i am thread stalking you. Mwuahahaha.

More on topic i really dislike bring me the horizen. I like to think im pretty open to genres but i honestly cant tell the difference between any of their songs. Do they even have lyrics?

Nov 7, 2009
I'm not gonna mention BrokenCYDE.

Lessee. The majority of the bands that play Warped Tour, and generally what I label "Warped Tour music" (pop-punk that pathetically tries to pass off as "real punk" whatever the fuck that is, post-hardcore, combination of the two) is some of the worst music I've ever heard.

Metalcore and hardcore, especially Bullet For My Valentine and Five Finger Death Punch. One of the rare cases where I can actually say I despise the band, the fans AND the music.

But really, nothing could overshadow the utter horror of 30 Seconds To Mars, who are, without fail, the most revolting attempt at what can be called "music" in the known fucking universe.
The band are dicks. Jared Leto is one of the few people I actually want to slaughter.
The fans...I'm not even going to go into it. Go onto the Kerrang site and see what I mean. *shudder*
And the music is corporate wallpaper-paste bland generic emo that somehow people find meaning in. WHAT THE FUCK. SERIOUSLY.

*inhales* Rant over. Listen to Mastodon.

DarkHourPrince

May 12, 2010
Nickleback and Linkin Park are good bands in their own right. "Minutes to Midnight" was a damn good album.

Walls of Jericho
System of a Down
Coheed and Cambria
Anyone who is absolutely tone-deaf and can't hold a pitch

Skullman 125

Jan 25, 2010
Dr. Feelgood said:
Tawm said:
Dr. Feelgood said:
Ironic Pirate said:
Dr. Feelgood said:
Ironic Pirate said:
Psychosocial said:
Dr. Feelgood said:
1.Avenged Sevenfold
2.Coheed and Cambria
3.Linkin Park
4.System of a Down

Unique/original song structure doesn't mean good. They are one of the most overrated bands out there. The overall way they sound when you put everything together does not appeal to me at all. A big part of my hate for them is, in fact, how overrated they are.
Heh, that's a bad example.
Whether they're good or not isn't the arguement. That's subjective.

A unique and original song structure makes the song... oh boy, unique (opposite of generic, which is what this WHOLE fucking argument is about. HELLO?)
You also contradicted everything you've said so far in this thread about SoaD in the second line of your paragraph.

System is an original band with a unique style and sound.
Fact.

When I read "A big part of my hate for them is, in fact, how overrated they are.", I almost broke my neck with the force of my facepalm. Please try to fail less or I'm gonna have press charges for attempted murder by epic fail.

Dexiro

Dec 23, 2009
Aerodynamic said:

Warning, this song is fucking horrible.
Urgh the horrible half-broken teenage voices, he might as well have recorded a cat on a belt sander and used that as the vocals. Not that i want to give him any bad ideas.

FC Groningen

Apr 1, 2009
5 Panic at the Disco
4 Good Charlotte
3 Tokio Hotel
2 Live
1 Jonas Brothers

About Linkin Park, I liked Meteora, but it went downhill after.

Dr. Feelgood

Jul 13, 2010
Tawm said:
Dr. Feelgood said:
Tawm said:
Dr. Feelgood said:
Ironic Pirate said:
Dr. Feelgood said:
Ironic Pirate said:
Psychosocial said:
Dr. Feelgood said:
1.Avenged Sevenfold
2.Coheed and Cambria
3.Linkin Park
4.System of a Down

Heh, that's a bad example.
Whether they're good or not isn't the arguement. That's subjective.

A unique and original song structure makes the song... oh boy, unique (opposite of generic, which is what this WHOLE fucking argument is about. HELLO?)
You also contradicted everything you've said so far in this thread about SoaD in the second line of your paragraph.

System is an original band with a unique style and sound.
Fact.

When I read "A big part of my hate for them is, in fact, how overrated they are.", I almost broke my neck with the force of my facepalm. Please try to fail less or I'm gonna have press charges for attempted murder by epic fail.
Did I actually say that they were original? No. Did I say that original doesn't mean they sound good? Yes, that's more like it.

I'm saying that IF THEY WERE original, they still wouldn't sound good

When you said song structure, I assumed you meant the arranging of the chorus, verse, and solo, etc. But now I see that not only are we not on the same page, we're in a different book.

sageoftruth

Jan 29, 2010
PurpleLeafRave said:
Captain Pancake said:
Negative thread is negative.

That being said, BrokeNcyde.
Why would you even mention that? Why do you make me remember that horrible horrible sound. They tormented my dreams.

Also, here's a video if you don't know who they are.

Wow! Did they combine auto-tune, black metal screaming, pouty rapping and a poppish dance theme? I can't imagine a single demographic that would listen to that.

sageoftruth

Jan 29, 2010
Okay. After viewing this thread, I am now convinced that brokenCYDE (a group I've never heard of before) is without doubt one of the worst bands out there. I guess the fact that I've never heard them before, even in public places devoid of good taste, is just a sign of how bad they are.