The Worst Big Youtubers

Revnak_v1legacy

Fixed by "Monday"
Mar 28, 2010
OhJohnNo said:
Revnak said:
They don't actually think that. Slowbeef generally only talks about the whole "I invented Let's Play" to insult himself by saying that all the terrible ones are his fault. And the majority of their videos lack any spite at all, with the rare truly hateful one being focused on a small range of targets. The maturity thing is something they solely hold against PewDiePie. And I doubt they even care enough to hate you or much of anyone else. Yeah, sometimes they get mad about how popular some of the shit they riff on is, but that's about the furthest they get. They aren't trying to make YouTube a better place, or change the world of Let's Play. They're just trying to make some funny videos. They don't consider themselves some high authority of the Internet that deserves our respect. They are actually just two rather regular guys making fun of bad games and Let's Plays. That's it. They don't hate you or your choice in media. They aren't judging you. They are just having fun.
Fair enough. Maybe I don't give them enough credit. Got any recommendations that could change my mind?
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFECD99E30CA6B412
This is a playlist on the same guy, BillyMC. The smugness is turned down and they honestly grow to like the guy. These are probably their best videos. If you really do just hate riffs in general though you can go to the link below which is to their Metroid Prime LP, where much of the humor is at Slowbeef's expense, because he is at best mediocre at the game.

http://lparchive.org/Metroid-Prime/

Berithil

Maintenence Man of the Universe
Mar 19, 2009
kyuzo3567 said:
To be fair Firefly was doomed from the start, it was very difficult to pull audiences in and get them committed when Fox decided to air the episodes out of order besides the fact that they never finished their first season.

....I still miss that show so much
NoneOfYourBusiness said:
Because Firefly was aired by Fox who released the episodes in the complete wrong order (something like the second episode came first, then the third and then the first, i don't remember exactly the right order) which is the reason people didn't watch it at all, because everyone who watched it when it first aired didn't know at all what was happening, because they messed up the order, and then Fox had to cancel it because nobody watched it. Only later it got a huge fandom and a following, if i remember correctly.
Ok, I suppose that wasn't the best example, but the point remains. I could of brought up Arrested Development (which was another Fox screw up, though), or even Community, which was briefly cancelled before fan support got NBC to bring it back.

squidface

Jun 3, 2012
I dunno about ones I don't like... Jenna Marbles was mentioned, her videos are ... just ... yeah. It's like "hey guys look at me i'm a pretty girl with opinions" kind of thing. And it's like she's trying to lecture us about her opinions, not really... share them.

One youtuber I DO like is the guy who makes the "how to" videos. C:

repeating integers

Mar 17, 2010
Revnak said:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFECD99E30CA6B412
This is a playlist on the same guy, BillyMC. The smugness is turned down and they honestly grow to like the guy. These are probably their best videos. If you really do just hate riffs in general though you can go to the link below which is to their Metroid Prime LP, where much of the humor is at Slowbeef's expense, because he is at best mediocre at the game.

http://lparchive.org/Metroid-Prime/
Thanks for the recommendations, I'll give them a look when I'm done listening to this album. Looking back I'm pretty sure I don't actually hate the concept of riffs, I was just iffy on the definition. I'll get back to you with my thoughts if you want.

Lieju

Jan 4, 2009
There really isn't any.

I occasionally hear how Fred or Pewdiepie or something are annoying, but I don't watch them, and so they don't bother me.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
I don't really follow Youtubers at all. If one of them annoys me in the first video I watch, I never watch them again.

So I don't know.

I watch JacksFilms' "Your Grammar Sucks" and Cyriak's videos, but otherwise, I'm not up on my YouTube personalities.

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
If I don't like certain Youtubers, then I don't watch them. So, I also don't talk about them so they don't get publicity, that way maybe people will forget about them.

I will however give shout-outs to the Youtubers I love:

TotalBiscuit
Dodger (PressHeartToContinue)
Jesse Cox
WoWCrendor
The Game Grumps, JonTron and EgoRaptor
The Completionist (ThatOneVideoGamer)

Considering my list, basically anyone that is a part of the The Game Station.

wrightguy0

Dec 8, 2010
the really good ones from Youtube are usually snapped up by other sites or create their own, leaving the washouts, the faded and the ones who weren't good enough, and the occasional rising star.

Youtube is a jumping off point for internet shows

I like to laugh at iJustine, because she's as dense as a neutron star.

Tobuscus can be funny, but he's best viewed in limited amounts

Benpasko

Jul 3, 2011
A lot of people don't like the Yogscast, but I assume they're talking about Simon and Lewis. Sips is still the best guy.

bigfatcarp93

Mar 26, 2012
Surprised at the relative lack of iJustine mentions... she should be, like, EVERYONE'S least favorite.

Captcha: Keep More Money.

Awesome.

Lt._nefarious

Apr 11, 2012
So many terrible big youtubers... FRED, Uberhaxxornova, Ray William Johnson, KSI... But none, none are worse than PewDiePie. His fans have threatened my life, he shits on good games, get's paid for it and uses stupid fucking gimmicky-bullshit-o-vision to make people think he is talented.

Oh, I hate him, I hate him so much.

Cheesepower5

Dec 21, 2009
Aussie502 said:
Cheesepower5 said:
I don't normally go out looking for things to hate, but I guess ShockOfGod is an easy target. Is he big?

Also, I keep hearing about PewDiePie. What is it?
He's basically an incredibly obnoxious guy who screams and constantly overreacts to everything in his videos where he plays assorted video games. It's incredibly painful to watch. I think it's the fake laughter that gets me most, gives me a headache watching his videos.
OhJohnNo said:
Cheesepower5 said:
I don't normally go out looking for things to hate, but I guess ShockOfGod is an easy target. Is he big?

This guy who screams loudly about rape while playing scary games (well, he used to - he stopped after he figured out he was being ridiculously offensive, and now just screams loudly).

He can be amusing in moderation... lots of moderation.
I see. I'm guessing he doesn't cover any new ground in the games he plays or anything else to help the general want of humour.

repeating integers

Mar 17, 2010
Cheesepower5 said:
Aussie502 said:
Cheesepower5 said:

He's basically an incredibly obnoxious guy who screams and constantly overreacts to everything in his videos where he plays assorted video games. It's incredibly painful to watch. I think it's the fake laughter that gets me most, gives me a headache watching his videos.
OhJohnNo said:
Cheesepower5 said:

This guy who screams loudly about rape while playing scary games (well, he used to - he stopped after he figured out he was being ridiculously offensive, and now just screams loudly).

He can be amusing in moderation... lots of moderation.
I see. I'm guessing he doesn't cover any new ground in the games he plays or anything else to help the general want of humour.
When he gets genuinely scared (like when playing Slender) he can be, as you might expect, genuinely funny to watch. Like I said, though, moderation - he gets annoying fast.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I pretty sure he had got mention already but I just hate Fred! Seriously why is he popular for having his balls kick (fake I know) and acting like an idiot???

Carrots_macduff

Jul 13, 2011
what do you expect from the biggest ever purveyor of pointless cat videos and fail compilations? most people dont look for intellectually stimulating entertainment on youtube and understandably so, but that doesnt mean there isnt any to be found.

oh yeah and all that about opinions and assholes too

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
boots said:
Short version: He said this [http://i.imgur.com/v8q0J.png] to a rape victim, ostensibly to try and prove that PTSD triggers aren't a real thing.

Even many of his most diehard fans were kind of horrified by it. He quit Reddit and lost a whole bunch of subscribers on Youtube [http://www.dailydot.com/news/amazing-atheist-reddit-rape-controversy/].
Wow. I remember the banana thing, but I never heard about this. That is...pretty sick. That is something you never say to anyone, under any circumstances. Just...wow.

So, apart from him...well none I guess, lol. If I don't like a Youtuber, I don't watch them. I've seen one or two things from PewDiePie and Fred, and wasn't impressed, and so I just stopped watching them. And thus they don't bother me.

Jun 6, 2012
Well after starting my own channel and trying to grow it, I gained a new respect for the "big" guys. Its hard to grow a channel ( I've almost gotten banned from here for posting stuff because I was dumb and never read the rules :3 )

It hurts to see some ppl get 500,000 subs and 100,000 daily unique views for crap, but its a double edged sword. Youtube allows for creators of every type and caters to pretty much any taste in entertainment. I'd rather it be free and open with a few diamonds in the s**t than be boring and just like tv.

The internet is changing how we approach entertainment, and I think its a wonderful thing that we should embrace, even if it means putting up with some things.

DugMachine

Apr 5, 2010
Never really sat and watched Pewdiepie so I don't know much about him. All I know is that it didn't get my attention obviously.

But if I had to list channels I don't like..
-AmazingAtheist
-Annoying Orange
-Two best friends play
-Ray william johnson
-iJustine (or whatever it's called)

And i'm sort of losing my taste for "The Creatures" i.e UberHaxorNova and the rest of his friends. I liked them when I first got into LPs but now I hardly keep up with them and could care less about then. The fans and stupid drama just gets tiresome after awhile.

Surprised to see no Game Grump haters here, I fucking love Game Grumps but I'm sure it'll lose it's appeal in a few months.

Racecarlock

Jul 10, 2010
Epic Bear Man said:
Yogscast. Luckily I never come across Ray William Johnson, iJustine, etc. all too often, but I do come across Yogscast often...And honestly, I don't get why they're popular. Their jokes never amuse me, and the only time I could really bare watching them was to see a Let's Play of a Tom & Jerry Minecraft adventure mod. There's was the only one up at the time, and I wanted some video evidence of how good the mod was.

The mod was great; the commentary not so much.

But even with that, I don't hate them, I just don't like them nor understand their popularity. But that's just me.
Well gee, it's almost as if people have different tastes in humor or something.

But that would be ridiculous.

I don't really have any youtube users that I hate. If I don't like the content, I don't watch the content. Simple rule, really. I watch what I like then I go watch something else I like.

Shit on TV is one thing since you don't have control over TV schedules, but if it's youtube, I can watch whatever I want anyways, so I have no reason to hate the worse content on there.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
boots said:
The Amazing Atheist, though that one's been kind of obvious ever since Redditgate.
The guy who said that he was going to rape girl to prove a point? Yeah, can't really blame you for that.