The Worst Big Youtubers

A Homeless Pie

Feb 10, 2013
I used to watch Tobuscus all the time but now he's sold his sold to youtube he's become boring. RWJ also sucks. KSI is my favorite youtuber

Anathrax

Jan 14, 2013
The usual list. I however enjoy the Game Grumps, because they have a lot of interesting(despite it being random) things to say and discuss as well as goofy things that crack me up(Arin don't leave...). Also they speed up the repeated parts from time to time so I don't have to watch every single boring thing all over again.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I don't think I know anyone posted here except for TheAmazingAtheist who I disliked the second I saw him in a video. I've heard of Ray William Johnson, but the thumbnails for his videos alone were enough to give me mild nausea, so I never actually checked them out.

The only channel I follow on Youtube is The Sw1tcher a.k.a. Two Best Friends Play, and they're cool.

Loonyyy

Jul 10, 2009
Zipa said:
Loonyyy said:
The Amazing Atheist (He's a lout with a superiority complex, yet "Doesn't believe in ad hominem". Nice one man, good display of logic. On top of that, he's a sexist jackass, a loud douchebag, and has become the Atheist version of RWJ, who he used to bag out himself.
Ray William Johnson (Though his side-project "Your Favourite Martian" is interesting)
Jenna Marbles (Really doesn't need explaining)
Divine Femitheist (The person who embodies all of those "Crazy Feminist" memes)
VenomfangX (PCFCS)
Laci Green (Pandering and shallow)
EDIT: Oh, and "EpicMealTime". Shit got old faaaaast

I can't really think of any others off the top of my head, mostly because I avoid watching material that annoys me. I don't actually spend that much time watching Let's Plays or such, so I've no idea about gaming ones.
Weird, I could of swore VenomfangX shut his channel down a couple of years ago.
Yeah. there was a big thing with Thunderf00t and some other stuff. There was a mess of DMCA claims and takedowns, and blackmail, which all ended weirdly. Still, he earns a place on my list for being that assinine, and that I find he keeps cropping up in other peoples videos, usually because they're ripping him a new one. Kid made my sociopath alarm go crazy.

FFP2

Dec 24, 2012
OhJohnNo said:
Probably Retspurae.

Smug, uppity twats. Firm believers in the "if you like this, then I am better than you - but don't worry too much because I was better than you anyway" school of thought. Wasn't at all surprised to learn they were spat out of Something Awful.
Weren't Slowbeef and Diabetus the people that invented the concept of an LP? They can rip on the awful LP'ers they feel like in my books.

For all the "smugness" that they have, just watch their "Adults React to Pewdiepie" vid and you'll understand where they're coming from.

Cheesepower5

Dec 21, 2009
I don't normally go out looking for things to hate, but I guess ShockOfGod is an easy target. Is he big?

Also, I keep hearing about PewDiePie. What is it?

Soods

Jan 6, 2010
boots said:
The Amazing Atheist, though that one's been kind of obvious ever since Redditgate.
I probably liked one of his videos, but after watching that horrible anti-vegetarian [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUQG9PhDNnk][footnote]Basically claimed that people go vegetarian because they're afraid of x species going extinct while completely ignoring the environmental impact or ethics.[/footnote] video I just can't stand that guy. Also I am not a fan of aggressive personalities, so that's another minus.
OT: Machinima, that channel is just flooding with content, most of which seem rather dumb.

repeating integers

Mar 17, 2010
FFP2 said:
OhJohnNo said:
Probably Retspurae.

Smug, uppity twats. Firm believers in the "if you like this, then I am better than you - but don't worry too much because I was better than you anyway" school of thought. Wasn't at all surprised to learn they were spat out of Something Awful.
Weren't Slowbeef and Diabetus the people that invented the concept of an LP? They can rip on the awful LP'ers they feel like in my books.

For all the "smugness" that they have, just watch their "Adults React to Pewdiepie" vid and you'll understand where they're coming from.
"Just watch" it? I have. I also read his little blog post followup. They were my first exposure to Retspurae. After that I tried watching a bit of their commentary on Tobuscus. Couldn't get very far. The smugness was just... too... overwhelming.

I don't care if they invented the LP. They're cunts.

repeating integers

Mar 17, 2010
Cheesepower5 said:
I don't normally go out looking for things to hate, but I guess ShockOfGod is an easy target. Is he big?

This guy who screams loudly about rape while playing scary games (well, he used to - he stopped after he figured out he was being ridiculously offensive, and now just screams loudly).

He can be amusing in moderation... lots of moderation.

Aussie502

Apr 19, 2011
Cheesepower5 said:

He's basically an incredibly obnoxious guy who screams and constantly overreacts to everything in his videos where he plays assorted video games. It's incredibly painful to watch. I think it's the fake laughter that gets me most, gives me a headache watching his videos.

04whim

Apr 16, 2009
Well, first, a few I do like: Tobuscus, not so much his vlog and gaming channels but his main has done some good stuff. NerdCubed, for his vlogs and gaming videos. TomSka. Manga reviewer Tekking101. Nigahiga. FPS Russia. Robbaz. The Epic Rap Battles of History guys.

Now, a few I'm less keen on: Ray William Johnson. PewDiePie. Fred. SXCPhil. KassemG. Annoying Orange. Onision. I don't even know if some of these are still a thing, but just thinking about them makes me angry.

Revnak_v1legacy

Fixed by "Monday"
Mar 28, 2010
OhJohnNo said:
FFP2 said:
OhJohnNo said:
Probably Retspurae.

"Just watch" it? I have. I also read his little blog post followup. They were my first exposure to Retspurae. After that I tried watching a bit of their commentary on Tobuscus. Couldn't get very far. The smugness was just... too... overwhelming.

Do you not understand what the point of a riff is? Calling them smug is like calling a ball round. Of course they're smug, that's the entire point.

I have had no major exposure to the truly terrible Youtubers out there outside of PewDiePie, so I'll go with him.

repeating integers

Mar 17, 2010
Revnak said:
OhJohnNo said:
FFP2 said:
OhJohnNo said:
Probably Retspurae.

Do you not understand what the point of a riff is? Calling them smug is like calling a ball round. Of course they're smug, that's the entire point.

I have had no major exposure to the truly terrible Youtubers out there outside of PewDiePie, so I'll go with him.
Looks like I don't like riffs, then!

EDIT: Maybe I should elaborate. I don't like the assertion that they have any form of authority over a medium just because they happened to come up with the idea first. I don't like their constant bashing of anyone who disagrees with them (I can stand that if it's light-hearted jabs, but Rets seems deadly serious about how much they hate people who aren't like them). I also think their preoccupation with "acting your age" is just stupid.

Mind you, you can find similar symptoms in Goons everywhere.

Revnak_v1legacy

Fixed by "Monday"
Mar 28, 2010
OhJohnNo said:
Revnak said:
OhJohnNo said:
FFP2 said:
OhJohnNo said:
Probably Retspurae.

Looks like I don't like riffs, then!

EDIT: Maybe I should elaborate. I don't like the assertion that they have any form of authority over a medium just because they happened to come up with the idea first. I don't like their constant bashing of anyone who disagrees with them (I can stand that if it's light-hearted jabs, but Rets seems deadly serious about how much they hate people who aren't like them). I also think their preoccupation with "acting your age" is just stupid.

Mind you, you can find similar symptoms in Goons everywhere.
They don't actually think that. Slowbeef generally only talks about the whole "I invented Let's Play" to insult himself by saying that all the terrible ones are his fault. And the majority of their videos lack any spite at all, with the rare truly hateful one being focused on a small range of targets. The maturity thing is something they solely hold against PewDiePie. And I doubt they even care enough to hate you or much of anyone else. Yeah, sometimes they get mad about how popular some of the shit they riff on is, but that's about the furthest they get. They aren't trying to make YouTube a better place, or change the world of Let's Play. They're just trying to make some funny videos. They don't consider themselves some high authority of the Internet that deserves our respect. They are actually just two rather regular guys making fun of bad games and Let's Plays. That's it. They don't hate you or your choice in media. They aren't judging you. They are just having fun.

repeating integers

Mar 17, 2010
Revnak said:
They don't actually think that. Slowbeef generally only talks about the whole "I invented Let's Play" to insult himself by saying that all the terrible ones are his fault. And the majority of their videos lack any spite at all, with the rare truly hateful one being focused on a small range of targets. The maturity thing is something they solely hold against PewDiePie. And I doubt they even care enough to hate you or much of anyone else. Yeah, sometimes they get mad about how popular some of the shit they riff on is, but that's about the furthest they get. They aren't trying to make YouTube a better place, or change the world of Let's Play. They're just trying to make some funny videos. They don't consider themselves some high authority of the Internet that deserves our respect. They are actually just two rather regular guys making fun of bad games and Let's Plays. That's it. They don't hate you or your choice in media. They aren't judging you. They are just having fun.
Fair enough. Maybe I don't give them enough credit. Got any recommendations that could change my mind?

Kyber

Oct 14, 2009
Berithil said:
It's not just Youtube. All you need to do is look at cinema and television and you'll see the same thing. Why is it that Jersey Shore gets 7 (or is it 8?) seasons, and yet Firefly gets cancelled before they finish their first?
Because Firefly was aired by Fox who released the episodes in the complete wrong order (something like the second episode came first, then the third and then the first, i don't remember exactly the right order) which is the reason people didn't watch it at all, because everyone who watched it when it first aired didn't know at all what was happening, because they messed up the order, and then Fox had to cancel it because nobody watched it. Only later it got a huge fandom and a following, if i remember correctly.