The worst game of this generation.

Soxafloppin

Coxa no longer floppin'
Jun 22, 2009
Mirrors Edge, i played the first two chapters and just gave up, hated every second of it.

Issurru

Jun 13, 2010
OtherSideofSky said:
Front Mission Evolved.

I usually avoid games I don't think I'll like, but I bought FME out of my enduring love for the franchise (all previous FM games are excellent), hoping against hope that the new team would remain faithful to what made FM great or at least produce a game that actually worked. I was disappointed on both counts. Not only was it just another modern FPS with a five hour single player campaign made as an intro to multiplayer, the multiplayer didn't even work!
I agree completely on this, I've played a few others but they were great. I bought this hoping for more greatness, but instead I paid $50 to get slapped in the face and kicked while I was down... :(

Jazoni89

Dec 24, 2008
As a gamer i'm incredibly open minded, so reading this topic it feels like someone stuck ten knives into me.

All these great games people are mentioning as their worst this gen, Mirrors edge, Red faction gurellia, fallout 3 and New vegas, Bionic commando, Oblivion, Metal gear solid 4, Heavy rain, Heavenly sword, and advance wars days of ruin, I absolutely loved, and they are some of my favourites this gen.

My worst game this gen is Two worlds, i couldn't even play it for five minutes.

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
Too Human hands down. I tried and tried to like it but it was in fact an utter abomination.

Sad Face

Oct 29, 2010
Sonic Unleashed was one of my least favourites, and mostly because it should have been good.

If they had ditched the plot and the whole "Werehog" part it wouldn't have been a bad game.

BigHairyMarty

Jan 4, 2011
Limbo of the Lost. I downloaded it a week ago, just to play it and see first hand just how bad it is. They weren't kidding when they said it was horrible. There are plenty of websites out there that cover all the reasons for it's infamy. For me personally, it's the fact that your character walks too slow across many identical backgrounds that does my head in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URcvdDtnM_0
That video is the best part of the game. You can imagine how bad the rest of the game is from there.

bossdirge

Jan 28, 2011
The Last Rebellion. I wasn't expecting it so I can't say it was a let down because of that. But, utterly bland environment. About five pallette swapped enemies. Annoying characters, horrible music. Basically anything a game can be good at it, this one sucked at. Infact, it's probably the worst game I have EVER played to be honest. I took it to EB to trade it in and the guy was like, "what's this I've never heard of it?"

lumpenprole

Apr 15, 2009
Trolldor said:
Two worlds.
Easily.

I played it for five minutes then go massacred by a villager I attacked.
An unarmed villager.

I had a sword and full armor.
Yeah, the weird thing is that I played the sequel at PAX and it was pretty good. When I asked the guy why they used the Two Worlds IP, when they'd obviously redone everything from the ground up, he sighed and said "Everyone asks that."

Captain Pirate

Nov 18, 2009
TU4AR said:
Far Cry 2. I hated it. Just HATED it.
This. Not because it was particularly bad, as much as it was the biggest waste of potential I have ever seen.

Massive immersive world, but really annoying to explore and too immersive. I really felt like driving around with nothing to do was as boring as it would be.

The greatest Map Maker the world has ever seen... with the shittest Multiplayer the world has ever seen. I went on it, and atfer about half an hour the only game I joined had, I shit you not, two peoples in it. One left. I followed suit shortly after. I pray the third saw the light also.

Also, the shooting was boring. Every enemy was the same, and they all took about 20 bullets to finally shut the fuck up.
And the NPCs talked stupidly fast.

ComradeJim270

Nov 24, 2007
Jazoni89 said:
As a gamer i'm incredibly open minded, so reading this topic it feels like someone stuck ten knives into me.

All these great games people are mentioning as their worst this gen, Mirrors edge, Red faction gurellia, fallout 3 and New vegas, Bionic commando, Oblivion, Metal gear solid 4, Heavy rain, Heavenly sword, and advance wars days of ruin, I absolutely loved, and they are some of my favourites this gen.

My worst game this gen is Two worlds, i couldn't even play it for five minutes.
I blame the ridiculous hype that gets attached to games, with developers and publishers stretching the truth about what they can and will deliver to an astounding degree, or just flat-out lying, and most gaming "journalism" just echoing what they say. People are remembering these games as their worst of this generation because the disappointment they felt as a result of the hype was a stronger and more unpleasant feeling than anything they felt as the result of playing a truly bad game.

To clarify my own opinion, with that said, I still think Oblivion is only mediocre, which is a more generous description than I would have made five years ago.

verdugo136

Sep 9, 2009
deadly premonition i finished it but never understood it the amount of shit your character goes though trying solving a murder case. He fights odd zombies (i think there zombies) that is in some different world i think and never says word to anyone about it. and a balls opening anding so to conclude freaky, odd, bad opening, bad ending and player is kept in the dark throughout the entire game