The worst way to die?

Not Lord Atkin

I'm dead inside.
Oct 25, 2008
Relish in Chaos said:
Just search "the murder of Junko Furuta" in Wikipedia. It's almost enough to make you clamour for the death penalty again when you read what that poor girl had to suffer.
I hate you. I really do.

Having my illusions about the world shattered like this... god. What the fuck. Who... why... what kind of... what? I mean I've seen and heard of some sick shit but this..?

Don't google it people. I'm not getting a decent night's sleep after reading about the poor girl.

bluepotatosack

Mar 17, 2011
chinangel said:
entombed alive.

Imagine it, you're only able to lay there in the darkness, hearing the faint noises of life above you, but you cannot move, you cannot see and your screams are unlikely to be heard.

Each breath depletes your dwindling air supply, it's getting hot...you're feeling smothered: dizzy and light-headed. And the pain, the fear...the loneliness and despair slowly setting in as those seconds tick away.

the dizziness grows worse: your skull throbs as your body struggles to find air and slowly...oblivion.
Ever hear The Mariner's Revenge Song by The Decemberists? That's a goodun.

"Find him, Bind him
Tie him to a pole and break
His fingers to splinters
Drag him to a hole until he
Wakes up naked
Clawing at the ceiling
Of his grave"

Spambot 3000

Aug 8, 2011
Tied up by an unbreakable rope which is then tied to the back of an SUV. It then drags you through a vast desert until you dehydrate or become burned to death by the sand.

Malty Milk Whistle

Oct 29, 2011
ShinyCharizard said:
An oiled spear straight up the rectum Vlad the Impaler style. Holy shit that would be terrible.
Nuh-uh! He used a blunted wooden pole, which instead of stabby stabbing, would simply...squidge all your organs out the way, causing the pain to me more horrific and last longer!
He was a terrific chap, that Vlad.

OT: I had a nasty incident when I was younger, and burning is my worst fear ever.
(Which is also hereditary, as my ancestor was the last witch to be burned alive in scotland)

Little2Raph

Aug 27, 2011
All these things are pretty horrible, especially what they did to Junko Furuta. Something nobody else has mentioned though is acute radiation poisoning (such as experienced by survivors of the Hiroshima and Nagasaki atomic bombs, as well as the firefighters who first responded to the Chernobyl disaster). Anything over 5000 rads will cause extreme nervousness and confusion; severe nausea, vomiting, and watery diarrhea; loss of consciousness; and burning sensations of the skin - which occurs within minutes of exposure and lasts for minutes to hours. Then you get a latent stage that lasts for a few hours or less where the symptoms disappear, but then you get a return of watery diarrhea, convulsions, and coma. Death occurs within 3 days of exposure. Death is due to collapse of the circulatory system as well as increased pressure in the confining cranial vault as the result of increased fluid content caused by edema, vasculitis (destruction of vessels and arteries by inflamation), and meningitis. There's absolutely nothing you can do but die horribly as your body shuts down - all the medical staff can do is try and make you as comfortable as possible until the end. The worst part is the latent stage where there's a short period where you think you're okay and will pull through - only to come crashing back to reality in the worst way.

Whateveralot

Oct 25, 2010
Angelous Wang said:
If somehow you could force a persons pain centre receptors to be fully active, so that their brain would think they were feeling every type of pain ever from every part of their body.

They would literately die of (false) pain within a few minutes, but those few minutes would be the worst anyone has ever experienced.

It's would be twice as bad for females too, because they have twice as many pain receptors on their bodies as males, which means they have twice as many pain receptors in the brain that would be activated.
I suppose one would die near instantly because of the shock. The heart will simply stop. Instantly. Right?

Niflhel

Sep 25, 2010
During the medieval times in Denmark, they used an execution method called radbrækning, which translates into wheel broken.
It was quite simple. The convicted was tied to a platform, and his bones would be broken with either a club or a wagon wheel. If you'd just been a bit naughty, they'd do it from top to bottom - Break your neck first, then the rest of your bones. If you'd been a bad boy, they'd do it bottom to top - First breaking the toes, then the foot, then the ankle, then the shin... Continuing all the way up till they'd finally kill the convict by breaking his neck.

repeating integers

Mar 17, 2010
SonOfVoorhees said:
Eaten by army ants would suck....slow and painful.
This right here. Nothing else is even in the same league. Army Ants, when dealing with large prey, cover the entire body of their poor victim before eating it all at once - making sure to avoid the vital internal organs.

Hawkeye21

Oct 25, 2011
Schadrach said:
Aconitum poisoning.
Holy shit, this stuff grows in my garden! Now I can go and poison people that annoy me.
Chaosritter said:
Dropping dead while spanking the monkey.

I really can't imagine any more humiliating way to kick the bucket.
Hah! Since autoerotic asphyxiation became a thing, this is more common than you would think.

ISearchForTraps

Jun 22, 2009
Impalement, eaten by rats, fed feet first into a wood chipper, flayed alive, flesh-eating bacteria/fungus, starvation, dehydration, crucifixion, sliced into pieces...

Angie7F

WiseGurl
Nov 11, 2011
Anything long. Like the gas chamber.
I dont mind dying in an earthquake, just hit me in the head and kill me instantly...

F'Angus

Nov 18, 2009
Contemlating things on the Tree of Woe...

being eaten alive by vultures while starving and dehydrating, and probably suffering from blood loss and strained limbs. I think the bit the Vultures go for your eyes would be the worst.

Keith K

Oct 29, 2009
Death by any kind of torture, I'm sure, would be among the worst ways due to its extended nature.

Death by fire, actually being on fire, is also high on the list.