The worst way to die?

XMark

Jan 25, 2010
Dysentery sounds like a pretty horrible way to go. All those poor victims along the Oregon Trail... :(

San Martin

Jun 21, 2013
An evil scientist paralyses you, and then lets ants eat you alive, then lets them eat your mum, then takes both of your DNA from the ants and rebuilds you as a you/your mum hybrid, and then paralyses that, and lets the ants eat you and your mum again. And the ants are covered in vinegar so it hurts even more where they get all up in the wounds.

No, wait! You get tied to a table and someone holds an angry cat, which in turn is tied to a long stick, up to your face and holds it there until you get clawed to death.

No! Even better: spiders! Millions and billions of spiders infest your intestines and build a giant web, gestating a huge and almighty Spider Queen of Sheeba, which one day bursts out of your stomach and proceeds to eat your nipples, injecting the wounds with anti-coagulants so that you bleed to death whilst all the other spiders burn your videogame collection in front of your eyes.

I am FUCKING good at this.

Sehnsucht Engel

Apr 18, 2009
OneCatch said:
Scaphism. From an ancient greek description:

"[The king] decreed that Mithridates should be put to death in boats; which execution is after the following manner: Taking two boats framed exactly to fit and answer each other, they lay down in one of them the malefactor that suffers, upon his back; then, covering it with the other, and so setting them together that the head, hands, and feet of him are left outside, and the rest of his body lies shut up within.
They offer him food, and if he refuse to eat it, they force him to do it by pricking his eyes; then, after he has eaten, they drench him with a mixture of milk and honey, pouring it not only into his mouth, but all over his face.
They then keep his face continually turned towards the sun; and it becomes completely covered up and hidden by the multitude of flies that settle on it. And as within the boats he does what those that eat and drink must needs do, creeping things and vermin spring out of the corruption and rottenness of the excrement, and these entering into the bowels of him, his body is consumed.
When the man is manifestly dead, the uppermost boat being taken off, they find his flesh devoured, and swarms of such noisome creatures preying upon and, as it were, growing to his inwards. In this way Mithridates, after suffering for seventeen days, at last expired."
That's probably the most horrible I can think of, though it was thankfully rare.
What the fuck. I think this has to be one of the worst ways.

OT:

I think that finding a partner, which you love so much that you want to spend the rest of your life with them. And then, one night, you've decided to agree to their request of tieing you up, because apparently they are a little kinky. Anyway, it starts out fine, and you think it's not that bad. Unfortunately, they also have a vore fetish and has no intention of letting you free. So, then you're stuck for hours, while they cut you up and eat you. You'd hopefully bleed to death eventually. Still, I think it would be a horrible mix of betrayal, fear and love. XD

Also, getting dragged after a horse always seems like a horrible punishment when you see it on film or in a show.

bluepotatosack

Mar 17, 2011
OneCatch said:

"[The king] decreed that Mithridates should be put to death in boats; which execution is after the following manner: Taking two boats framed exactly to fit and answer each other, they lay down in one of them the malefactor that suffers, upon his back; then, covering it with the other, and so setting them together that the head, hands, and feet of him are left outside, and the rest of his body lies shut up within.
They offer him food, and if he refuse to eat it, they force him to do it by pricking his eyes; then, after he has eaten, they drench him with a mixture of milk and honey, pouring it not only into his mouth, but all over his face.
They then keep his face continually turned towards the sun; and it becomes completely covered up and hidden by the multitude of flies that settle on it. And as within the boats he does what those that eat and drink must needs do, creeping things and vermin spring out of the corruption and rottenness of the excrement, and these entering into the bowels of him, his body is consumed.
When the man is manifestly dead, the uppermost boat being taken off, they find his flesh devoured, and swarms of such noisome creatures preying upon and, as it were, growing to his inwards. In this way Mithridates, after suffering for seventeen days, at last expired."
That's probably the most horrible I can think of, though it was thankfully rare.
This is the first thing that came to mind. The brazen bull was pretty horrible, as well.

It was a hollow bronze statue of a bull with a door on one side. The victim was locked inside and a fire was lit under it, roasting them alive. The head had a system of tubes that would make their screams sound like the bellows of an angry bull.

This was another Greek invention, btw.

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
Ok, scenario: You're walking down the street after a very cruddy day at work. You were fired, your S.O. dumped you, you stepped in dog droppings, and that last truck to pass you hit a puddle and soaked you. And then, when nobody's looking, some jerk runs you over with the dolly he used to steal 40 cakes. 40 cakes. That's as many as four tens. And that's terrible. *sage nod*

Ok, if I have to be serious? Falling to your death, drowning. Anything that gives you time to grasp the inevitability of your death.

Darks63

Mar 8, 2010
OneCatch said:

The Vikings had a form a sacrifice similar to this where they would christen a ship by tieing a man to the rail along which a ship would be launched. The sacrifice would be considered a success if the man screamed as the ship crushed him going while launching into the the water.

Another Viking classic was the Blood Eagle

But for me mine is kinda mundane but its falling from a great height due to my own fear of heights.

Cooperblack

Apr 6, 2009
Talked to a doctor about this some time ago, He told me of a very rare type of fungus(can't remember the name) that solely attacks the pain center in the brain, pain medication doesn't work since they function by blocking access to the pain center and since the fungus is already there..well nothing can be done.

So the victim spends his/her last time in a state of unimaginable pain and after around 3 weeks the body gives up due to stress and dies.

chinangel

Sep 25, 2009
entombed alive.

Imagine it, you're only able to lay there in the darkness, hearing the faint noises of life above you, but you cannot move, you cannot see and your screams are unlikely to be heard.

Each breath depletes your dwindling air supply, it's getting hot...you're feeling smothered: dizzy and light-headed. And the pain, the fear...the loneliness and despair slowly setting in as those seconds tick away.

the dizziness grows worse: your skull throbs as your body struggles to find air and slowly...oblivion.

Glongpre

Jun 11, 2013
Probably being tortured to death.

I always think of drowning though after having watched The Prestige.

"Remember when I told you drowning was like going home? I lied. It is agony."

Edit: Forgot about being impaled. Vlad was one sick son of a *****.

Edit2: Anyone seen that show on the history channel called Machines of Malice. They have some crazy things there. I don't recommend it, thinking of some of them turned my stomach. :/

Feb 28, 2008
From the aspect of dread and fear, probably being buried in a coffin and dying in the dark, alone and suffocating.
From the aspect of intense pain, probably being boiled alive, or perhaps something like Irukandji syndrome (induced by certain stings of jellyfish), from Wikipedia:

Irukandji syndrome includes an array of systemic symptoms, including severe headache, backache, muscle pains, chest and abdominal pain, nausea and vomiting, sweating, anxiety, hypertension, tachycardia and pulmonary edema. Pain is often so severe that patients have been reported as begging their doctors to kill them to get it over with. One unusual symptom associated with the syndrome is a feeling of "impending doom". Symptoms generally abate in four to 30 hours, but may take up to two weeks to resolve completely.

or...

It's like when you're in labor, having a baby, and you've reached the peak of a contraction?that absolute peak?and you feel like you just can't do it anymore. That's the minimum that [Irukandji] pain is at, and it just builds from there.

... although mercifully it can kill you in 20 mins!

Headsprouter

Monster Befriender
Legacy
Nov 19, 2010
Well, I just finished watching Deadman Wonderland, which features quite a few sociopaths with a liking for causing cruel deaths to others.

This little girl character attempted to kill someone with a Chinese torture which involves cutting off tiny pieces of flesh until the wounds become deep enough to cause bleeding, this would essentially mean being skinned alive, and then having the skinless parts of you cut again. Excruciating.

For me, personally, though? I don't know...maybe something to do with the eye, an orifice, or something with a similar feeling of violation.

San Martin said:
An evil scientist paralyses you, and then lets ants eat you alive, then lets them eat your mum, then takes both of your DNA from the ants and rebuilds you as a you/your mum hybrid, and then paralyses that, and lets the ants eat you and your mum again. And the ants are covered in vinegar so it hurts even more where they get all up in the wounds.

No, wait! You get tied to a table and someone holds an angry cat, which in turn is tied to a long stick, up to your face and holds it there until you get clawed to death.

No! Even better: spiders! Millions and billions of spiders infest your intestines and build a giant web, gestating a huge and almighty Spider Queen of Sheeba, which one day bursts out of your stomach and proceeds to eat your nipples, injecting the wounds with anti-coagulants so that you bleed to death whilst all the other spiders burn your videogame collection in front of your eyes.

I am FUCKING good at this.
No you're not. You take things hideously over the top to the point where it doesn't seem real. You have to remove the drama, become matter-of-fact.

Odbarc

Elite Member
Jun 30, 2010
Getting drowned, resuscitated then a minor cut is made into your body so you drip a single drop, salt the wound, and repeat until you bleed to death while listening to justin bieber music on 10, headphones on repeat as well so by the time the next drowning is finished, the song is about to loop.
Meanwhile, a man is farting his Taco Bell stench into your mouth between the drownings so all you can taste is aerosolized feces with your eyes kept open with a device so you cannot blink while you watch videos of your ex-girlfriends making out with multiple different guys all better than you.

The moment before you die, someone converts you into an atheist so you do not go to heaven.
Your body is then mutilated sexually and set to humiliating poses for your parents or children to find, naked, with new tattoos that are in places no one would have noticed and figure were real this whole time they knew you with the worst kinds of things humanly imaginable.
Depictions of zoophilia, necrophilia, ect.

A sewage plant is build over your gravestone. It is poorly maintained and your casket is filled with a constant fresh flow of said sewage until your bones marinate through to the marrow where 1000000 years from now you are discovered and reversed as the worst thing ever to exist in the history of the universe where technology exists to bring you back and relive your original death-process again.

uzo

Jul 5, 2011
Speaking as a father, the worst thing I can imagine is dying knowing that my children will go one of these ways.

It doesn't matter how I die at that point.

But I'd go fighting like the fucking wrath of God.

Strain42

Mar 2, 2009
I always thought an Iron Maiden would be a pretty sucky way to die.

Just...a big coffin...with spikes sticking through you on both ends...

That can't be fun for anyone.

Patathatapon

Jul 30, 2011
Dying really slowly over the course of 80 years or so, to finally be so wrinkled up and weak that I can barely do much for myself anymore. It'd be even worse if I couldn't remember basic things too, like my kids birthdays.

Dark eh? lol

Terminate421

Jul 21, 2010
I always thought this was the worst way to go in a Dead Space game:

Alive even in it's stomach with about 75% of your body gone.

Though Vlad the Impaler stuff is brutal.