There Will Be Brawl: Episode Seven

Siegreich

Jun 24, 2008
I'm pretty sure metaknight is the butcher, I mean he can teleport and he has the fastest sword moves meaning that he really fits the bill for dedede's killer, a;so he talked about learning from kirby, maybe he's implying that got the urge to murder from his years guarding kirby.

MBurner 93

Mar 26, 2009
So Kirby is the one who killed Daisy, right? Anyways my guess for the butcher would be Samus.
1. Kirbys hint about it being at the begining, and Samus was there from early on.
2. She hangs back before DeDeDe is killed off.
3. She just happens to be working for the penguin suddenly before he is killed
4. All her bounties have dried up. She need money. She may be hired by Bowser or mabye even Gannon to eliminate power figures in the kingdom.
Just my thoughts. Feel free to rip apart.

Kriptonite

Jul 3, 2009
I think the butcher might be Lakitu. It's just a passing thought but hey, who stands to gain when there is BIG news to report? Not really a theory, just a fleeting thought.

dolphinsexed

Aug 23, 2009
johnnymcbadass said:
Also let me just promise that the killer will not be some out of left field cop-out, which means it won't be Master Hand, Crazy Hand, Tabuu, or the fighting polygon team. The identity is hidden right in the narrative itself; shift through the red herrings and put the pieces together, super sleuths.
Well there goes my theory, haha. Glad you at least read my post about the fighting polygon team. Although I kind of wish you hadn't shot down theories by specifically saying who it is NOT going to be. Part of the fun is seeing what crazy theories we come up with, even when we know they are longshots to begin with. Saying that it's going to be someone in the main story (which we already thought was the case anyway), cuts our fun a bit short. Regardless, I think everyone who's commented on any of the episodes absolutely loves the show and cannot thank you enough for this inventive series. If you can't sell a DVD due to copyrights, I'm more than happy to drop a donation. Awesome show.

Satoz

Apr 29, 2008
johnnymcbadass said:
Also let me just promise that the killer will not be some out of left field cop-out, which means it won't be Master Hand, Crazy Hand, Tabuu, or the fighting polygon team. The identity is hidden right in the narrative itself; shift through the red herrings and put the pieces together, super sleuths.
This leads me to some thoughts, now we all assume the disemboweling has to be a trait ( a twisted one) like Kirby's, however that doesn't have to be true in the world of killing. ROB was 'there from the beginning" according to olimar, but I dont think he's really it...or is he? Mr game and watch is still one of my prime suspects, he is everywhere and silent.
Honestly I need to do some investigating to narrow it down, almost anyone can be the killer until I can find some motive, connection etc, right now Im just putting stuff out there.

YurdleTheTurtle

Mar 23, 2009
Well, just like everyone else mentioned, this was another amazing episode. For some reason I really liked this one above the others - it seemed to have just the right amount of pacing and action sequences. There were plenty of hooks and moments that were great.

One thing I found weird is that Link is using canisters instead of clear jar bottles like in the LoZ games. What's with that? Is it simply to bring the bottles up to the modern "seedy underworld" style? I would find it hilarious and fitting if it was filled with milk too. Or spring water.

I just love the countless game references as well, even those I never really knew about like Isaac/Saki.

And yes, the Navi thing was pure awesome. To be honest, I never actually did find Navi annoying when I played Ocarina of Time as a kid. Was too busy being amazed by the game.

Jinksy

Aug 10, 2008
MBurner 93 said:
So Kirby is the one who killed Daisy, right? Anyways my guess for the butcher would be Samus.
1. Kirbys hint about it being at the begining, and Samus was there from early on.
4. All her bounties have dried up. She need money. She may be hired by Bowser or mabye even Gannon to eliminate power figures in the kingdom.
The problem i'm having with that theory, and just about every theory so far, is why leave nothing but intestines?
I assume it MUST have something to do with making trophies, but I can't imagine Samus doing that.

SonicSoulstrike96

Apr 3, 2009
Well the killer is indeed like kirby. Is it so much that the killer leaves behind the guts as much as the killer TAKES their skins? Perhaps to copy kirby, and dance around in them (gain their 'hats' in game terms)? Now that I think of it, wasn't there a copy-cat of hannibal and that was why they were asking for his help? (I didn't see the movie, btw)

I for for one don't think it's metaknight. Metaknight obsessed with kirby as Dedede said, but not enough to be a serial killer. Obsessed with Kirby, who he probably feels should be... executed for his crimes. He watches kirby, hoping for him to try something so he can vanguish him once and for all. Vengeance. His relationship with Kirby does not lead me to beleive he'd go on a killing spree that would unhinge the entire kingdom. It wouldn't help him at all

One theory could be that it is Sheik/Zelda in cooperation with someone else. Like Bowser. Shiek has her knives that she could use to easily skin someone. And as sheik, disguised and with authority in the police force, she covers her own trail with the police raid. Bowser kidnaps the princess for himself. Sheik is crowned princess. She then uses the ensuing chaos, perhaps to punish/cleans the mushroom kingdom and restore Hyrule as a people with power again. Bowser of course gains power too, as his rivals are knocked out of the way. Sheik is ninja-ish and an assassin's blow to the back of the head could have done Dedede in. But it doesn't really explain why the victims are skinned except to throw them off as suspects. Although it suggest that she's working with bowser, since Lakitu, who was working for Bowser until recently, was the one who gave them the picture revealing shiek to be Zelda. Information she tried to keep secret when she was aiming for lakitu.

Anyways, whoever kidnapped princess peach, I don't think they're the buther. There doesn't seem to be a reason for the butcher to keep her alive. 1. She'd be a witness 2. What leverage would the butcher hold over who if he/she kept her alive? Bait? Someone else probably did it, perhaps as insurance for later to keep the Mario bros from interfering while they rise to power.

Gah, the butcher and the war seem to be two separate happenings to me, but I could be wrong. The butcher shows up. Then someone else uses it to their adavantage to rise up. idk.

Perhaps Roy, as part of the police force stumbled upon zelda's plot to kill mewtwo. Perhaps roy was on the way to warn mewtwo or something, and was caught and killed. Pichu could have been a silenced witness?

Perhaps the whole skinning thing is the red herring. A terrorist tactic to help expedite the kingdom's self-destruction.

WaderiAAA

Derp Master
Aug 11, 2009
You know, Samus, PKMN Trainer and Pit are all thin enough to walk out through those bars sideways.

WaderiAAA

Derp Master
Aug 11, 2009
There is a hannibal copy-cat with a dragon tatooed on his back.

I have a wierd idea here. Stafy is by many considered to be a Kirby rip-off, and he is an assist trophy in the game. However, it probbly isn't him, I'm pretty sure the butcher is one of the playable characters.

VinLAURiA

Dec 25, 2008
I love how they made Link a lot more... human in this episode. Not only do we get into his head a litte, but he turns out to be one of the good guys.

MBurner 93

Mar 26, 2009
I think Samus is working for Bowser. And in the Subspace emissary, Bowser is one of the characters collecting trophies out of the characters.
Edit: Damn I wanted to quote someone.

MBurner 93

Mar 26, 2009
Jinksy said:
MBurner 93 said:
The problem i'm having with that theory, and just about every theory so far, is why leave nothing but intestines?
I assume it MUST have something to do with making trophies, but I can't imagine Samus doing that.
I think Samus is working for Bowser. And in the Subspace emissary, Bowser is one of the characters collecting trophies out of the characters.

Grand_Marquis

Feb 9, 2009
Holy shiiiiiit! :D

Samus is a red herring. The next episode will probably focus on resolving the Kirby arc, putting Mario in a tight spot with Link, creating a divide between Luigi and Samus, and bringing us one step closer to Bowser, who can only be a means to an end, rather than their actual destination. Perhaps he kidnapped the princess to *protect* her? Hmmmm

Syraith

Aug 22, 2009
To reiterate:
My theory is still the pokemon trainer, whose innocence clashes with the dark nature of the world.

Motivation: Short-sighted and naive attempt to "fix" the world by ridding it of corruption.

Killings so far are pichu, roy, mewtwo, and Dee. (Correct me if I've missed any)
Pichu killing was likely the result of a falling out with the Trainer over his plan. Roy, as a police officer, might have either figured it out, and likewise been killed or could have attacked the Trainer at the beginning with police brutality, and caused this whole event. The other two murders were intended from the start, and follow the motivation of purification for the city since they were both crime leaders.

Ability to Commit the Crime: Wide arsenal of pokemon grant many abilities. Or another theory; perhaps the Trainer has pokeballs that only absorb a certain amount of matter or mainly only matter from pokemon. This would leave behind intestines/guts that would otherwise go inside. Especially in the case of Dee, where a tremendously large pile of innards remained.

Evidence: Kirby knows the killer.
Corrected Luigi when Luigi said the killer was skilled with a blade.
Mentioned how "close" Luigi was to the killer. The trainer has been nearby Luigi this entire time.
There was never an introduction to the trainer, yet he has been quite active in the plot. Following the "red herring" mentioned by Johnny Mcbadass.
Likewise, Mcbadass mentioned that the Murderer would not be one out in left field; therefore it is not any of the Final boss theories nor assist trophies. Also, the killer has undoubtedly been seen before, since the introduction of the villain this late would destroy the masterpiece of this script.
Aktrez (Actress Playing Samus) mentioned that Samus is one of the few characters with their shit together. Even so, corruption is in her life as well. In fact, even those with their shit together, (Luigi, Link to some extent, etc) all have impurities in their life. The Trainer is innocent to even the most pious jury. An unlikely situation.
Finally, the Trainer's sadness when Samus told him that she didn't think things would ever get better hints further toward his motivation.

While this theory is far fetched, few others now fit the profile.
I would consider Luigi, with multiple personality disorder. I would also consider Mario or Peach, who would have motivation to clean their kingdom.

VinLAURiA

Dec 25, 2008
Grand_Marquis said:
Holy shiiiiiit! :D

Samus is a red herring. The next episode will probably focus on resolving the Kirby arc, putting Mario in a tight spot with Link, creating a divide between Luigi and Samus, and bringing us one step closer to Bowser, who can only be a means to an end, rather than their actual destination. Perhaps he kidnapped the princess to *protect* her? Hmmmm
This is basically what I was thinking, though that last part about protecting her I didn't think of.

deal

Aug 27, 2009
My guess is its the pokemon trainer. He benefited the most from the deaths (he's now taking care of all the pokemon), he manages to avoid any serious harm, was he ever around when the murders took place?, wasn't he playing with Wuigi (sp?) when the police were called?, he's just way too innocent. Maybe I'll rewatch this weekend; but, right now he's my prime suspect.