There Will Be Brawl: Episode Three

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Aktrez said:
Hey lovers,

Samus Aran here. I just wanted to thank you all for your support of the series. It has been HELL trying to keep this episode quiet! I'm glad to see you are all enjoying it.

This crew is AWESOME to work with. I'm psyched to be a part of such an amazing project.

Keep watching, Sugar!!

xoxo,
- Samus
Indeed, it must be grand - its been a quality production since the first episode. And has a big different to any fan work I've seen of Mario and all them. Although I must admit, I had no idea who half the characters where (thank you wikipedia for filling in gaps).

Aktrez said:
Dark is good. Without dark there can be no light. One must shine some darkness on a world such as the one created by Miyamoto in order to highlight it's TRUE colors.

...... Deep ......
I do have to wonder if Miyamoto has a huge clawing pit of darkness trapped inside him that he had to deny by creating the bright, cheerful world of Mario, with baddies that aren't really all that evil. And why does Browser want the Princess anyway? I mean, seriously, he's a lizard of some sort.

Anyway, might be that he is the opposite - he remembers his youth, and what it was like to grow up - after all, he was the one created the Zelda games too - perhaps the first instance of character development in a game....

... and yeah, I need another hobby, lol.

The_root_of_all_evil said:
You do start to wonder if there's anyone the Mario Brothers haven't slept with though.
Nope. Not a single person. Well, maybe Zelda, but I've a hunch... After all, why else is Link so touchy about Mario and Luigi....? lol!
Parallel Streaks said:
Hey Samus, I'm gonna make a sexist remark about how attractive you look in that jumpsuit! Woooo!

Anyway, I love this series. It's brilliantly written, the effects are proffessional, and Luigi is getting the spot light this time.
Is that sexism or just being pervy?

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
I got a question for any of you who are part of this project. How many extras did you use for the club sceane, and were any of them regular actors for other charicters? I guess thats 2 questions.

Jeronus

Nov 14, 2008
Damn! The guy at the end has raised my hopes through the roof. I hope we get to see some action though. The only thing that came close was the moment when Mario punched Wario. I also hope we some epic confrontations like Ganon vs. Link or Mario vs. Bowser. Also Bowser became a Buddhist! WTF! I mean isn't Bowser a fire spitting dinosaur with world domination and a princess on his mind! Last time, I checked Bowser wasn't the Buddha type. I reeeeaaaaaally wanna see what a buddha bowser looks like.

Pandalisk

Jan 25, 2009
Doug said:
Aktrez said:
Hey lovers,

Samus Aran here. I just wanted to thank you all for your support of the series. It has been HELL trying to keep this episode quiet! I'm glad to see you are all enjoying it.

This crew is AWESOME to work with. I'm psyched to be a part of such an amazing project.

Keep watching, Sugar!!

xoxo,
- Samus
Indeed, it must be grand - its been a quality production since the first episode. And has a big different to any fan work I've seen of Mario and all them. Although I must admit, I had no idea who half the characters where (thank you wikipedia for filling in gaps).

Aktrez said:
Dark is good. Without dark there can be no light. One must shine some darkness on a world such as the one created by Miyamoto in order to highlight it's TRUE colors.

...... Deep ......
I do have to wonder if Miyamoto has a huge clawing pit of darkness trapped inside him that he had to deny by creating the bright, cheerful world of Mario, with baddies that aren't really all that evil. And why does Browser want the Princess anyway? I mean, seriously, he's a lizard of some sort.

Anyway, might be that he is the opposite - he remembers his youth, and what it was like to grow up - after all, he was the one created the Zelda games too - perhaps the first instance of character development in a game....

... and yeah, I need another hobby, lol.

The_root_of_all_evil said:
You do start to wonder if there's anyone the Mario Brothers haven't slept with though.
Nope. Not a single person. Well, maybe Zelda, but I've a hunch... After all, why else is Link so touchy about Mario and Luigi....? lol!
Parallel Streaks said:
Hey Samus, I'm gonna make a sexist remark about how attractive you look in that jumpsuit! Woooo!

Anyway, I love this series. It's brilliantly written, the effects are proffessional, and Luigi is getting the spot light this time.
Is that sexism or just being pervy?
i think a bit of both but anyway

who was the character at the end of the video i cant quite put my finger on him is it gannon?

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Pandalisk said:
i think a bit of both but anyway

who was the character at the end of the video i cant quite put my finger on him is it gannon?
Yup, from the Zelda series. That bugger made me run through 2 parellel dimensions back on the "Legend of Zelda"

Argol228

Mar 14, 2009
Ok I love this series but Samus is unbelievable, I can not imagine Samus being a stripper and don't like it, especially since all the other characters are true to their original roles in some way. On the other hand even for the brief moment he is in it Ganondorf rocks. I can't wait to see more of him.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Argol228 said:
Ok I love this series but Samus is unbelievable, I can not imagine Samus being a stripper and don't like it, especially since all the other characters are true to their original roles in some way. On the other hand even for the brief moment he is in it Ganondorf rocks. I can't wait to see more of him.
Erm...Luigi deals drugs in the Mario games?! And Mario's a washed up drunk?

johnnymcbadass

Jan 14, 2009
Argol228 said:
Ok I love this series but Samus is unbelievable, I can not imagine Samus being a stripper and don't like it, especially since all the other characters are true to their original roles in some way.
Since some of you haven't played Brawl, I understand the confusion. If you HAVE played Brawl, it's only too obvious a choice.

That being said, if we weren't offending some people with a project like this, something would be terribly, terribly wrong.

Ryuzaki

The Public Face of L
Nov 5, 2008
I can't name my favourite scene in this episode; I'd just end up going though the entire thing. This is a great series, I think you've down the 'none human shaped' characters brilliantly so far, can't wait to see how you depict Bowser.

I can't wait till episode 4.

Maniac536

Jan 14, 2009
Please let these guys release a DVD boxed set with all the episodes! I want to watch this on my hdtv!

Aktrez

Mar 13, 2009
Argol228 said:
Ok I love this series but Samus is unbelievable, I can not imagine Samus being a stripper and don't like it, especially since all the other characters are true to their original roles in some way.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Kb6QAnzYQ8 Take note at 0:07. This is where the Samus idea comes from.

Wanderer1911

Feb 4, 2009
johnnymcbadass said:
D'aww thanks guys.

Remember to hit up www.therewillbebrawl.com for our forum, awesome wallpapers, and good vibrations.
I loved the new episode, damn good work.

I hope you put up a Samus wallpaper, like the helmet under one arm and the cannon on the other. That would be damn cool.

Disembodied_Dave

The Could-Have-Been-King
Feb 5, 2009
Aktrez said:
Argol228 said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Kb6QAnzYQ8 Take note at 0:07. This is where the Samus idea comes from.
Not to mention all the nudity in super metriod if you do that Power Bomb trick.. heh.

coldfrog

Can you feel around inside?
Dec 22, 2008
I'm willing to bet the end music is foreshadowing the imminent appearance of Bowser the next episode. I'm telling you, it must be true!

In any case, the soundtrack is one of the best things, the way Captain Falcon's theme is a rave tune and the Metroid music is stripper music, and in the other episodes too they do a great job of mixing it up to make the original soundtracks fit the theme.

And I laughed out loud when Samus asked what Luigi was going to do and he said "Shake the tree, see what falls"... there were a couple more of those moments too, fantastic! I can't get enough of this show.

The Random One

May 29, 2008
I love so much of this. But if I had to say what I loved the most, it'd be how Mario and Luigi retain their ridiculous faux Italian accents even in the direst scenes.