There Will Be Brawl: Episode Three

Jiveturkey124

Jan 13, 2009
kiwisushi said:
This series is plain brilliant, very professional looking. When this is all finished they should get it onto DVD or something.
As I said earlier, there is now about 5-6 people in this thread who are saying the same thing. Look into it Escapist!

AboveUp

May 21, 2008
I'll never be able to hear the phrase "Show me your moves" with a straight face ever again.

Great episode, I'm loving this series.

Meta Like That

Jan 30, 2009
CanadianWolverine said:
I just wanted to help inflate your egos, especially whoever is responsible for the extras, sets, music, and special fx (the professional level acting of the main characters should be obvious).

Look, I don't consider myself a Nintendo fanboy by any stretch but one of the best things about this show IMHO is the backgrounds supporting that bad ass foreground with the story going on. Quite a few times, the extras are done up in some of the coolest nods to this or that game's creature.

This series has helped elevate Escapist, along with all the other excellent choices they have made for featured vids.
115% Agreed.

The Cheezy One

Christian. Take that from me.
Dec 13, 2008
Archemetis said:
I never pictured Link as that much of an authoritive douchebag, but somehow it works...
he usually just seems like the bog standard mute hero, but i suppose he would have a personality
the doomsday arcade does him far more typically

Fallen Savior

Jan 15, 2009
TheAlmightyAwesome said:
Fallen Savior said:
BustaJonesGavin said:
Holy shit. That scene with Mario and Luigi was my favorite part. Stellar.
The writer is genius! The director, phenomenal!

Now... about episode four...
The scene with Luigi and Mario was also my favorite, with a close second being the scene with Luigi and Samus...

Please do not give the writer or the director anymore kudos. It will go straight to their heads and make them impossible to work with.
I know... I work with them!

Fallen Savior

Jan 15, 2009
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Aktrez said:
Dark is good. Without dark there can be no light. One must shine some darkness on a world such as the one created by Miyamoto in order to highlight it's TRUE colors.

...... Deep ......
You do start to wonder if there's anyone the Mario Brothers haven't slept with though.
That is an avenue I would love to explore!

Fallen Savior

Jan 15, 2009
johnnymcbadass said:
Argol228 said:
Ok I love this series but Samus is unbelievable, I can not imagine Samus being a stripper and don't like it, especially since all the other characters are true to their original roles in some way.
Since some of you haven't played Brawl, I understand the confusion. If you HAVE played Brawl, it's only too obvious a choice.

That being said, if we weren't offending some people with a project like this, something would be terribly, terribly wrong.
Or completely right!

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
Taking a closer look at the credits I noticed that the dirctor is the same guy who plays Ganondorf. Which i guess that would explain why he put him as his avatar.

C. Blackwood

Feb 20, 2009
I love how, despite being a stripper (a CLASSY one at that!), Samus is STILL badass and in command. It's awesome!

MintyFreshBreathGuy

Oct 10, 2008
I like it how you have the most obvious yet random (I think there might be a better word than that) roles for these characters. Samus is a hooker, which I thought was very clever. PIT is gay, hence the outfit and Captain Falcon is also gay... but I don't quit see the gay thing about captain falcon, never did, but oh well it was still funny. Also, just for the record, I hope to see the Pokemon Trainer more, his out of place personality is really funny. The plot is seeming good and well made so far. I'll be interested to see the explanations to this 'captured by ganandorf' twist. Personally I can't wait to see what Snake will turn out to be in this. I'm wondering when, and where the fighting will take place, but I'm jumping ahead a little. Partly I'm just anxious to see if A. there is any. And B. I'm anxious to see how you pull it off. You obviously are cheap but you've done a very good job with the supplies you do have. I am really, honest to God, enjoying this series so far.

Argol228

Mar 14, 2009
johnnymcbadass said:
Argol228 said:
Ok I love this series but Samus is unbelievable, I can not imagine Samus being a stripper and don't like it, especially since all the other characters are true to their original roles in some way.
Since some of you haven't played Brawl, I understand the confusion. If you HAVE played Brawl, it's only too obvious a choice.

That being said, if we weren't offending some people with a project like this, something would be terribly, terribly wrong.
1: I have played brawl and fully awear of Zero suit samus, 2: I am not offended in the least bit, It just didn't like her character. I just think of Samus as a bad ass bounty hunter and in the kind of society in there will be brawl I think she should be a could hearted bounty hunter that cares for no one.

Disembodied_Dave

The Could-Have-Been-King
Feb 5, 2009
Argol228 said:
johnnymcbadass said:
Argol228 said:

1: I have played brawl and fully awear of Zero suit samus, 2: I am not offended in the least bit, It just didn't like her character. I just think of Samus as a bad ass bounty hunter and in the kind of society in there will be brawl I think she should be a could hearted bounty hunter that cares for no one.
But that wouldn't be funny.

Nick2121

Jan 6, 2009
I fucking love these guys ^^,

You should donate to them via paypal :D

http://therewillbebrawl.com/1up.php

:D

Jiveturkey124

Jan 13, 2009
Nick2121 said:
I fucking love these guys ^^,

You should donate to them via paypal :D

http://therewillbebrawl.com/1up.php

:D
Thank you for posting this! I didnt even realize this was up, Im donating right now just to make sure this project continues on for the ages!

Aktrez

Mar 13, 2009
Money helps .... Your Support helps ... sharing the link with EVERYONE on your contact list = helps the mostest! :)

Shadic

Mar 15, 2009
I didn't realize that There Will Be Brawl was picked up by The Escapist. Kudos to them for noticing talent and helping them out.