There Will Be Brawl: There Will Be Brawl: On Set

Brad Shepard

Sep 9, 2009
Souplex said:
Monshroud said:
I hope you guys find a way to make a 2nd season of There Will Be Brawl.
I think they need to wait until Smash Bros. Rumble comes out to release a season 2.
I dont know, a prequil would be nice, i mean, i really want to see how they take the whole kirby thing. and how they catch him, you got to admit, it would be really awesome.

AnneSQF

Sep 22, 2009
WarpZone said:
Wow, I just found out Episode 10 was originally scheduled for Christmas, until some editor at the Escapist decided to arbitrarily announce that it would be out Dec 18th:

http://therewillbebrawl.forumotion.net/there-will-be-brawl-the-web-series-f1/in-which-all-your-questions-are-answered-t406-30.htm#37451

Also, apparently Gannondorf's actor worked himself into a hardcore state of physical and mental BURNOUT trying to meet this unrealistic goal:

http://therewillbebrawl.forumotion.net/there-will-be-brawl-the-web-series-f1/episode-10-discussion-thread-final-episode-airs-monday-rargh-t372-750.htm#37856

What the hell, The Escapist?

Just what the hell?
OMG! For God sake, please sleep man!! Im getting worried about u! I'll wait two weeks more just sleep properly!

WarpZone

Mar 9, 2008
Ugh. Using the 1337 haxxor technique of reading the friggin' post, I was able to determine that the evil Escapist editor who tricked us all by telling us it was gonna be the 18th, was none other than... Matthew Mercer.

So apparently this wasn't some coup by the publisher to push the date up, it was just Matt biting off more than he could chew. Poor bastard. I think we've all been there. I feel like a royal douche now.

Apologies to The Escapist and all its staff. And Matt. Dear god, Matt. Get well soon, man. Feel better.

Geektress656

Nov 19, 2009
WarpZone said:
Ugh. Using the 1337 haxxor technique of reading the friggin' post, I was able to determine that the evil Escapist editor who tricked us all by telling us it was gonna be the 18th, was none other than... Matthew Mercer.

So apparently this wasn't some coup by the publisher to push the date up, it was just Matt biting off more than he could chew. Poor bastard. I think we've all been there. I feel like a royal douche now.

Apologies to The Escapist and all its staff. And Matt. Dear god, Matt. Get well soon, man. Feel better.
Seconded. I know how it feels to bite off more than I can chew (taking on more than one role in one show (being an actress) and creating a deadline for my drawings of all things) so I give my best wishes to Matt. He needs to rest and take a break.

MagnusXavier

Dec 19, 2009
Update from Zach Grafton:

Hey everyone, here's the skinny as I understand it!

Matt, Christian and Jordan worked for over 24 straight hours doing editing and effects for you lovely people to hit the deadline. Because they love you.

Matt ended up working himself so hard, (we assume) the stress and lack of rest accumulated to the point that he pinched a nerve in his back. He can't sit in a chair without massive pain, and has to lie out on the floor for the next few days to heal.

Christian and Jordan have rallied, despite their very packed schedules, to work on the episode and get it up as soon as possible! My understanding is that the projected date is Wednesday. I know the wait sucks - but think of it as savoring the suspense!

Please join me and use this thread to send messages of support to all three of our tired, wounded but DETERMINED soldiers!!!

WarpZone

Mar 9, 2008
Take as long as you need.
;_;

maximumwez

Dec 17, 2009
OMFG did Mario have his yellow cape there? ok now im really interested. also great job everyone who is apart of this my favorite characters so far are Wario and Samus they just fit their roles so well

Geektress656

Nov 19, 2009
Anyone as determined as you guys deserves a break. I'd rather wait for the episode and know that you guys are ok (and not dead) than get the episode now at the cost of your health.

TAKE YOUR TIME! WORK AT YOUR OWN PACE!!!

miquelfire

Red Fire
Dec 24, 2008
Whatever happens, don't kill yourselves trying to get this out. If others finish the editing, I feel Matt is already done with this project as I doubt he'll feel well enough for at least a week.

Badazzninja

Dec 20, 2009
at this point, i'd like to see this video without any "In Loving Memory" attached to the end, honoring the death of one of the cast. it may seem kind strange to have a huge group of people all chanting "REST! REST! REST! REST! RELAX! RELAX! RELAX! RELAX!" instead of urging them to hurry up, but who cares. if the alternative is a perma-delay ue to medical emergencies, i'll take a new year's eve release any day.

MissTwist

Jul 6, 2009
I was a Nintendo baby...the NES was my very first console, and it was always Nindendo in my home while growing up.
I have thoroughly enjoyed all of There Will Be Brawl, and can't wait for the finale, whenever it's ready.
Guys, it's been awesome...