These are the rules that the actual pros play MW2 by

Cobra Kai Knut

Jan 20, 2010
Well, the thing is, if you start with rules like that, it's a never ending story. Every weapon, perk and killstreak has it's pros and cons if you ask me.

People who use the granate launcher can really annoy me, but at the end you have a game and a certain game-type aim to achieve. If you wanna call yourself "the best", or one of the best, in this game/game-type you have to play by the rules of that game and since you _could_ use the god damn noobtube, you have to live with people using it - yet beat them nevertheless.

I've heared people using the "N" Word (Noob) in every possible way so far (Noobtube, Camper Noob, Submashinegun Noob, Akimbo Noob, Knife Noob!!!!), and I personally don't care about ingame-chat like that.

I personally don't use the granatelauncher, and it does not take too much skill to make some kills with that thing, but if someone thinks he can beat me with it, I just try to be better than him no matter what.

Hiphophippo

Nov 5, 2009
Jonny49 said:
What ever happened to playing for fun?
Obvious joke about this being MW2 and that not being possible aside, I used to play Countersrike
very, very seriously. At the time I thought it was a blast but I eventually grew out of it.

Different things are fun for different people. I'm not remotely interested in competitive play anymore however.

Or MW2.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
These are tournament rules to keep everyone on a level playing field, I don't see why everyone is so mad about them. MW2 is hilariously unbalanced.

MetallicaRulez0

Aug 27, 2008
It's mind-boggling to me that people are still jumping on the "if it's in the game, it's balanced" and "why take everything out of the game. go play CS:S" bandwagons.

Not everything in the game is balanced, especially for top level play where a single minor event can lose you a match. I've typed this out 5 times in this very thread, but I'll do so once more. The goal of professional rulesets are to remove anything that can be construed as luck-based or unbalanced. The goal is to promote skill play (that is, using your actual gun to shoot at dudes, not a killstreak or a Shotgun), and remove luck factors as much as possible.

Shotguns take very little skill to use, and they're frustrating to play against. So they're out.

Claymores take very little skill to use, and they're frustrating to play against. So they're out.

Riot Shields take some skill to use, but no one in their right fucking mind uses them in competitive play. They're out.

Kill Streaks can turn a fun game into an instant loss. They also promote camping, which is a huge no-no among good players.

Those of you still saying this isn't fun for you: NO SHIT! It's not meant to be fun for you, it's meant to be fair and balanced for competitive players. No one gives a damn if you think it takes away the fun of the game. Sheesh.

Cobra Kai Knut

Jan 20, 2010
MetallicaRulez0 said:
Those of you still saying this isn't fun for you: NO SHIT! It's not meant to be fun for you, it's meant to be fair and balanced for competitive players. No one gives a damn if you think it takes away the fun of the game. Sheesh.
But the question was wether _we_ play by those rules, wasn't it?

Apart from that..

_everybody_ can use the granatelauncher, if he thinks it gives him more kills. Something can only be unbalanced, as long the one side has something the other side has not.

But however my experience is, that the GL may be good for a "lucky" kill once in a while, but it does not give any advance to the one using it. I only play two classes: Runner (MP5, Akimbo Glocks, Semtex, Flashbangs, Marathon, Fast Running, Commando) and Gunner (RPD Holo Aim + Grasp), Spas-12 (Silencer+ Grasp), Semtex, Flashbangs, 2 Attachments, More DMG, Aiming Bonus) and I can't remember the last time I lost against a Noobtuber or Camper, honestly.

Shotguns may be nice on close range, but have you ever tried to kill somebody like that who is fast and more then 6 feet away?

I'm talking about team deathmatch here, since thats the only mode I play, btw..

When it comes down to HQ... well... I could understand the "no explosive" rule, since otherwise you just need to fire all you've got into the HQ building - thats why I never play it ;-)

CommyGingerbreadMan

Dec 22, 2009
MetallicaRulez0 said:
It's mind-boggling to me that people are still jumping on the "if it's in the game, it's balanced" and "why take everything out of the game. go play CS:S" bandwagons.

Not everything in the game is balanced, especially for top level play where a single minor event can lose you a match. I've typed this out 5 times in this very thread, but I'll do so once more. The goal of professional rulesets are to remove anything that can be construed as luck-based or unbalanced. The goal is to promote skill play (that is, using your actual gun to shoot at dudes, not a killstreak or a Shotgun), and remove luck factors as much as possible.

Shotguns take very little skill to use, and they're frustrating to play against. So they're out.

Claymores take very little skill to use, and they're frustrating to play against. So they're out.

Riot Shields take some skill to use, but no one in their right fucking mind uses them in competitive play. They're out.

Kill Streaks can turn a fun game into an instant loss. They also promote camping, which is a huge no-no among good players.

1. Umm how about not engaging people from more then 3ft away, you DO have guns. And if he got the jump on you your most likely dead anyhow.
2.Really? Claymors? So what you basically saying is it takes less skill to plant them then it does to, oh say, PAY THE FUCKING ATTENTION.
3. Riot Shield + Throwing Knife. Owns you so called "pros" anyday because you can't be bothered to THINK of a strategy. (OR aim 2ft down at his feet).
4.LOL at camping, if a guy gets more then one kill, your OBVIOUSLY not playing as a team, as simple instructions as to where the guy was sitting when he killed you are ALL that is needed. I can see the killstreaks taken out, but I have NEVER seen a game turned around by a Chopper Gunner or AC130. Unless it was more of a tie game. Plus they add to the hectic nature. Like I said before. Your willingness to not run outside when there's a chopper gunner or AC130 makes them balanced. I have never been killed inside by those things as it simply negates them. Or how about working as a team (this is key seeing as everything you "pros" (or competitive players, w/e BS nonsense) take these all away).

Sorry to say, but the entire game is luck based. It isn't skill when you run around a corner and happen to see someone with their back turned. It isn't skill when the guy doesn't look your way when your sniping. And It isn't skill when you run into rooms to take out a guy that happened to be alone. The majority of kills in CoD happen when your not even aware your being shot at, seeing as how the camera doesn't go red until a second before death. Or if the guy happens to miss a couple shots. Rarely ever do I get into firefights in which Serpentine. duck and cover, go prone show how ready you are and help you kill a guy you met head on.

Zefar

May 11, 2009
Perks:
No Bling <-- pfft noobs
No One Man Army <-- Fair enough I'll give you that one.

Equipment:
No grenade launchers <-- It's fine if you don't put on Danger close.
No claymores <-- There is a reason we have Sitrep
No C4 <-- I think Sitrep detects these if they are put out. But the range of these are close to knife range.
No secondary launchers <-- Well seeing that they won't have Kill streaks. Boring.
No blast shields <-- uh huh, because the way it limit your hud and remove your radar isn't bad enough.
No tactical insertions <- hahahhahahahahahahah They are kidding right? :O Oh wait. Noobs
No riot shields <-- Flash/Stun run around and shoot them. Or wait till they melee and then shoot them. Or is that too hard for you pro people?
No secondary shotguns <-- Only goes for Akimbo shotguns in my view. Camping in the far end of the map with a sniper is far more deadly than those shotguns.

Rules:
No killstreaks <-- What? You guys can't be bothered to pick up that Stinger and launch that aircraft to oblivion in seconds? Guess you guys are worse than me then.
Deathstreaks must be set to copycat in most PC leagues <-- As if Deathstreaks made any real impact on your score when you need to die 3-4 times.

In short, it looks like they are a bunch of newbies who got owned hard by certain things so they want to nerf them.

This is why we don't listen to these "Pro" people for game changing advice. They just ruin things and remove it.

But here is the fun thing, if you where to claim ACR the recoilless rifle to be a noob weapon because it doesn't have any recoil. You'll be called noob by those pro people.

Oh and these rules are pretty much going to be on the PC version too.