They say this game sucks... but I LOVE IT!

Master Kuja

May 28, 2008
Wabblefish said:
Well no body has been hating too much on Brink but I think Brink is a great game despite it's bugs and balance problems.

Also don't tell me about it's lack of variety, TF2 and Killing Floor had very little variety when they came out. Also Brink isn't exactly innovative but it's really original and adds a lot that makes it more than just an average Fps.
Go to the Steam forums, dear christ the amount of people who will call you a moron for even so much as expressing a positive opinion towards Brink will infuriate you.

But anyways, I'll agree with this, frankly I think Brink is a superb game, regardless of any bugs and the idiot AI (which has largely been fixed now, still can't defuse a bomb for shit though).
So yeah, Brink.

v3n0mat3

Jul 30, 2008
Kane and Lynch
Mirror's Edge
Fallout 3 (I noticed that a lot of hardcore Fallout fans hated it.)
Conker's Live and Reloaded (yeah, it was just a port, and yeah, it was a lot more censored, but COME ON! It was a fun retread!)
Eternal Ring (underrated gem)

Feylynn

Feb 16, 2010
Via Metacritic:
Final Fantasy 13: 83
Final Fantasy 12: 92
Mirror's Edge: 81
Dragon Age 2: 79
Assassin's Creed: 81
Saboteur: 76

I like Final Fantasy 14 a little bit, if it counts even though I acknowledge the flaws and am waiting for them to fix it.

I can't think of any other games that were torn to pieces that I like.
I can't think of any other games that I didn't like that were scored as low as Final Fantasy 14 off the top of my head.

A quick bit more looking as revealed All Points Bulletin to be received far more poorly than I assumed.

So there is my 2 I guess.

Dracain

Mar 12, 2008
I love "Yu Yu Hakusho: Dark Tournament" as well as "Azure Dreams" though I've only played the original and I'm not 100% sure about how well it was received, it seems more of a cult classic.

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
Sonic Unleashed, the day levels it's just a lot of fun to play. So many people hate it yet those levels are just damn fun.

MRMIdAS2k

Apr 23, 2008
Tattoo Assassins

It's broken to all hell and plays like ass, but you can juggle combo to infinity and the shoddy fatalities never fail to make you laugh.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
squid5580 said:
Woodsey said:
Two Worlds.

Bahahaha, who am I kidding? No one loves that monstrosity!
I did. I am not kidding. I have never laughed so hard at a game. The dialogue was amazingly funny. I had a ton of fun playing it.
Bring forth the crucifixion cross! (And the rusty nails!)

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Di said:
randomsix said:
Goomboss said:
infinite undiscovery
last remnant
metro 2033
brink
darksiders
Wait... people don't like Metro 2033?

Wow. This is not something I would have expected after playing it.
Not even The Escapist liked it! [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/7423-Review-Metro-2033]

Just watch and weep, as everyone else who played the game has done.
2 stars?!

So its as good as Thor then, eh?

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/8869-Review-Thor-God-of-Thunder

(And to be fair, I could only enjoy the game after the Ranger Pack came out, although I did massively enjoy it. Hated it before that though.)

Zannkimaru

Oct 8, 2010
How could I forget the Way Of The Samurai series. love those games and have spent many an hour on all of them.

Chase Yojimbo

The Samurai Sage
Sep 1, 2009
hrmm... ... ... ... Spore was alright, enjoyed the customization. Got boring fast though. Will probebly get Darkspore when I get more money.

Fallout New Vegas, Despite the massive amount of bugs, and the fact that they did jack shit to actually 'improve' the game, I thought it was alright.

People hated Dynasty Warriors 6? I loved the Empires version of 6 :( cheeky bastards.

Why are people here saying Mount and Blade so often? Didn't that game get an award for "Best Indie Game of the Year"? Don't give me that shit, you people sicken me that you think it's shit and you want to be different and like a game that supposedly everyone hates. GET OUT OF MY SIGHT!

Dragon Age 2. They could have worked on the story 'a little more', made it a little more grand and not too small to only one city. I only hope DA3 (If they get a chance) clears everything up.

Digikid

Dec 29, 2007
What others say about a game is not even worth thinking about. Reviewers and such do so just to get money and pull it out of their *ahems* most of the time.

If you like a game then that is ALL that matters. A perfect example is Mirrors Edge. This is a EXCELLENT and UNIQUE game and reviewers are bashing it for $$$. They whine like little babies about a glitch or something that is so minor.

NEVER trust reviewers.....only trust your OWN judgement as that is ALL that matters.

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
FallenTraveler said:
I agree with naughty bear, I really liked it for the first five hours, it was a lot of fun and really quite funny too.

Brink, as it seems to be generally disliked so far, there are some who love it, and I'm one of them.
I can agree with Brink.

I would also add... Alpha Protocol. I swear to God, if there was a sequel made, I would be just like the Nintendo 64 kid at seeing the announcement. Also I think people have been harsh on Homefront (and rightfully so), but I love it to. And the funny thing, I bought both Homefront and Brink for about the same cost as COD: BO was for pre-order(I got all three from Amazon), and of those three games, I would say I wasted only... actually, I think Ill use this to answer:

Arif_Sohaib

Jan 16, 2011
Alpha Protocol (I just can not understand why it would be rated so low even tough it is the modern day Deus Ex, or rather what Deus Ex would have been made like if it was made today) and Jericho (scariest and most depressing game I have ever played not because of monsters but because of the concept of where they are fighting, who they are fighting and how long others who came before fought coupled with the ambitious ending it is quite scary if you are relegates and believe in heaven and hell).

Dragonblade146

Dec 6, 2008
Woodsey said:
Two Worlds.

I actually loved to play it for its nonesensical "Verily forsooth dude! Thine orcs cometh to mah home maaaan!"
When I needed a laugh when I was down I played this. And so it holds a special place in my heart as a nonsense game that is SOMETIMES fun.

fishman279

Oct 29, 2009
Woodsey said:
Two Worlds.

I'd choose Two Worlds over Elder Scrolls/Fallout anyday. I hated those games. Two Worlds was hilarious. Ooooo controversy.

Quantum Star

Jul 17, 2010
Final Fantasy XII. Since FF XII is essentially a single player MMO, and I've never played an MMO in my life, it was a completely new experience for me.

YazBar

Jun 23, 2010
Aliens vs Predator (recent one) and Way of the Samurai 1, 2 and 3
EDIT: I Flipping loved Way of the Samurai 1, 2 and 3