They say this game sucks... but I LOVE IT!

Jfswift

Hmm.. what's this button do?
Nov 2, 2009
plugav said:
Clive Barker's Jericho. Which really is as bad as they tell you. The gameplay is linear to the max, the graphics are all reddish brown, unique enemy types are few and far between, the story is pure nonsense, and the acting doesn't help either. But I loved every campy minute of it.
I have to agree with you there. I bought it used on a whim and found it was pretty fun actually. I love how each squad member has a unique set of powers to work with, letting you tackle each situation with a different approach. The graphics were reddish yea but not too bad really either.

irani_che

Jan 28, 2010
bioshock 2
the story was not as good, and by that i mean it didnt have a twist like a mobius strip
but it was fun

ReZerO

Mar 2, 2009
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
MercurySteam said:
Despite all the negativity that Dragon Age 2 received, me and many others enjoyed it immensely.

I hope they bring out some decent DLC soon.
That was very well received.
OP: Record of Agarest War exists for me to post it in threads like this one.
i thought i was the only person that played Record of Agarest War...

plugav

Mar 2, 2011
ChocoFace said:
Also wow, i just scrolled up and there are 4 people sharing this opinion on this page alone.
That's pretty interesting.
Yeah, I'm surprised too. And more people keep popping up, it seems.

Jfswift said:
The graphics were reddish yea but not too bad really either.
Not bad, indeed. But pretty insane. Jericho's the first and only game that made me wade through a literal river of blood.

Poofs said:
Condemned: Criminal Origins
Oh, yeah, I guess the critics did blast Condemned, didn't they?
I loved that game. As much as you can "love" something that has you to bludgeoning crazed hobos with a gas pipe. Heavy stuff.

Adrian Madhog

Feb 23, 2011
Iwata said:
Just like the topic says. What "terrible" games do you like?

I'm not talking about those popular-to-hate games like MW2, or even more controversial ones that are overall well received like Far Cry 2 or Mirror's Edge. I'm talking about those games that the critics shattered to pieces and gamers generally took a dump on. The real stinkers. Which ones do you go "fuck it, I LIKE it!"

Mine would be Naughty Bear. I enjoyed the hell out of that cutefied Jason Vorhees simulator.

Similarly, both Turning Point and Legendary were fun to play for me. Sure, they're unpolished FPS's, but they gave me something different at the time, and I had a lot of fun playing through them.

Your choices would be..?
Okay, here it is... I EFFING, EFFING, EFFING, EFFING, LOVE "Shadow the Hedgehog"... I'll sum it in one phrase: super-powered, super-fast giant mini-gun wielding angry cartoon porcupine Vs. Robots, the Army, Doctor Claw's voiced Alien Overlords, the WHOLE BLOODY UNIVERSE in pure, testosterone-induced, campy madness delight... AND a choice-induced gameplay with several different intertwining paths and multiple endings... and horribly awesome one-liners... and a chicken-shaped vacoom gun.
PURE CONCENTRATED AWESOMENESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(Now, where's that DAMNED fourth Chaos Emerald?)

FightThePower

The Voice of Treason
Dec 17, 2008
Does Sonic Heroes count? At the time it was released it got fairly decent reviews, but a few years down the line people were all suddenly saying: "oh yeah, that game was so shit!"

I still like it to this day. It's fun.

onewheeled

Aug 4, 2009
I don't know if you could say that a lot of people think it sucks, since it got good reviews back in its time, but I'm gonna say the Serious Sam games.

It's just that people go into shooters these days hoping for a massive single player campaign with a gripping story, deep characters, varied mechanics, and blah blah blah. This game has none of the above. It's a big, dumb action game where you fight dozens of over-the-top enemies with over-the-top weapons in crazy locations, with only one goal in mind: be as fun as possible. And dammit, that makes it one of the best games I've bought in a while, because the focus isn't being as technologically impressive as it can be, it's to be fun.

Forlorn Guardian

May 11, 2011
Final Fantasy XIII. I disliked it at first, because like many people I felt it was too linear in comparison to other games in the series. It managed to grow on me later on though, and I'm actually looking forward to seeing what happens to the characters in the sequel.

As embarassing as it is to admit, I'm also prone to the occasional Dynasty Warriors session. I'm aware that it's mindlessly repetitive and terribly voiced, but something about the games just keeps me interested. Maybe it's the ability to effortlessly slaughter entire armies by myself. Not many games let you do that as easily as Dynasty Warriors.

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
ReZerO said:
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
MercurySteam said:
Despite all the negativity that Dragon Age 2 received, me and many others enjoyed it immensely.

I hope they bring out some decent DLC soon.
That was very well received.
OP: Record of Agarest War exists for me to post it in threads like this one.
i thought i was the only person that played Record of Agarest War...
Quite a few people did. I believe that it is Compile Heart's/Idea Factory's best selling game.

TrevorGruen

Jan 5, 2011
Personally, i really REALLY enjoyed Wet by Bethesda. Everyone said it was terrible and stuff, but i loved it. i enjoyed the cheesy B movie feel, loved the goofy gunplay and acrobatics, and it had one hell of a soundtrack (and yet there is no official soundtrack for sale, wtf?)

TrevorGruen

Jan 5, 2011
Forlorn Guardian said:
Final Fantasy XIII. I disliked it at first, because like many people I felt it was too linear in comparison to other games in the series. It managed to grow on me later on though, and I'm actually looking forward to seeing what happens to the characters in the sequel.

As embarassing as it is to admit, I'm also prone to the occasional Dynasty Warriors session. I'm aware that it's mindlessly repetitive and terribly voiced, but something about the games just keeps me interested. Maybe it's the ability to effortlessly slaughter entire armies by myself. Not many games let you do that as easily as Dynasty Warriors.
Final fantasy 13, while regarded by most people to be a piece of crap, had pretty good sales and got good reviews from many sites like ign and game informer. i personally hated it, but i hated 8 while most people regard it as a classic and in the exact opposite way my favorite was 9 even though many people didnt like it.

xitel

Assume That I Hate You.
Aug 13, 2008
LightningBanks said:
xitel said:
Kane and Lynch 1 and 2
Agreed, though the campaign was just same old same old, I thought the the fragile alliance was genius.
Oddly enough, my favorite part was mostly the storyline. That, and the voice acting. I absolutely adored the main character's VAs. Namely, this line:

Fragile Alliance was pretty cool. I never got to play it that much, but it was an actually ORIGINAL style of gameplay. Not the same old rehashed deathmatch, CTF, KotH kind of thing.

Forlorn Guardian

May 11, 2011
TrevorGruen said:
Final fantasy 13, while regarded by most people to be a piece of crap, had pretty good sales and got good reviews from many sites like ign and game informer. i personally hated it, but i hated 8 while most people regard it as a classic and in the exact opposite way my favorite was 9 even though many people didnt like it.
True enough. My apologies for misinterpreting the purpose of the thread.

VIII was a bit of a base breaker within the fandom when it was released as well. It's hatedom has grown considerably larger since The Spoony One reviewed it, and I think a lot of people that haven't even played the game have jumped on the bandwagon. I found it to be an enjoyable game though, albeit one with a rather broken combat system.

Ladette

Feb 4, 2011
I like Dynasty Warriors game. Yes, the game play is repetitive, yeah the characters are flamboyant and pretty gay looking, and yes it's about as historically accurate as Pirates of the Carribean. But it's fun, and that's all I want from it.