They say this game sucks... but I LOVE IT!

Vrex360

Badass Alien
Mar 2, 2009
Halo. I hear people yelling all the time that it's the worst thing to hit the world since apocalyptic genocide but I have oodles of fun with it, the story's interesting, the action is fun, the alien races are awesome, the symbolism is good, the books are fantastic. It's a fun game trilogy and I've loved playing it.
Multiplayer and extra features like Forge and Firefight don't hurt either.

Also I don't care what any critic says, I liked Dead Space.

SilkySkyKitten

Oct 20, 2009
Far Cry 2

Yes, half the time you just spend driving around looking at a map. Yes, the story sucks. Yes, it's bloody repetitive.
In the end, however, I don't give a crap since not only did that game have one of the most well crafted and immersive gameworlds this side of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and Half-Life 2, to say I didn't have a crapton of fun playing Far Cry 2 would make me the biggest liar in the world who isn't a politician. I loved Far Cry 2, and I'm not ashamed to admit it by any means.

Void Droid

Oct 6, 2010
Dirge of Cerberus I enjoyed but I recently played through Dark Void, I thought it was fantastic as at the time it was exactly what I was looking for.

Vivec93

May 18, 2011
Two Worlds, just because its so bad it's great and it made me laugh at the terrible voice acting.

Nemesis729

Jul 9, 2010
Kane and Lynch, Everyone seems to hate it but I thought it was pretty fun lol, the second one, however, is a different story

Grunt_Man11

Mar 15, 2011
I played an old PS1 game called Robo-Pit that was one of the unfortunate "doomed to be forgotten" titles, and I found it rather enjoyable.

Meestor Pickle

Jul 29, 2010
C&C 4, dont quite know why, probably a nice change from the Mammoth tank god unit from #3
Its a change from the standard C&C, i didnt prefer it but i didnt hate it

Grygor

Oct 26, 2010
Final Fight: Streetwise.

It got terrible reviews and it's generally regarded more as a punchline than a game, but the combat is solid and fun, the pacing is good, and the story is utterly demented in an truly enjoyable way.

It really does a great job of capturing the feel of the old-school beat-'em-ups for me, so I really can't help but like it.

GreatVladmir

May 25, 2008
Woodsey said:
Two Worlds.

Bahahaha, who am I kidding? No one loves that monstrosity!
I actually know 2 people irl who like that game and was sad that Two Worlds Two got no release in the UK.

I was gonna say Daikatana but then I realised that people may have gone insane over how piss poor that game was. Well, I gotta say alot of people seem to think S.T.A.L.K.E.R. SoC sucks (well, people I know who I've forced it on while foaming at the mouth) but I adore it.

Mr. Gency

Jan 26, 2010
The first Assassin's Creed. Sure is wasn't the best game out there, but it was[footnote]"was" as in I played it once after AC2 and I couldn't bear the lack of fast walk[/footnote] fun.

The_Blue_Rider

Sep 4, 2009
Spiderman Web of Shadows, that game was the best spiderman game in my opinion. The combat was just so fluid, so many different moves, the webslinging and swinging was fun as hell :) so yea

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Vrex360 said:
Halo. I hear people yelling all the time that it's the worst thing to hit the world since apocalyptic genocide but I have oodles of fun with it, the story's interesting, the action is fun, the alien races are awesome, the symbolism is good, the books are fantastic. It's a fun game trilogy and I've loved playing it.
Multiplayer and extra features like Forge and Firefight don't hurt either.

Also I don't care what any critic says, I liked Dead Space.
I think you're missing the point here.

OT: I need to get around to playing Deadly Premonition. It seems like one of those so bad it's good games. Sadly, I can't really think of any others that I played.

DropHouse

Nov 20, 2010
I havent read the reviews praetorians got, but Ive never found someone who actually like. I thought it was kind of epic though

Cooklez

May 30, 2011
Deadly Premonition
The models may be used for the whole game, the end may be like many others, and the acting... might terrify you, but this game is AMAZING! The story is great, the surprising twists are... surprising, and the characters are totally lovable.. plus the ending made me cry, and that means it's one darn good game.

SageRuffin

M-f-ing Jedi Master
Dec 19, 2009
Dragon Age 2.

Yes the fuck I said it. The game has its problems, but I still enjoy the game.