Jun 27, 2009
Country
United States
Wooden Doors
delightfully explained here
http://i.crackedcdn.com/phpimages/photoshop/1/2/1/3121.jpg?v=1

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
How you can sponge up bullets in shooter games.

I know, this is the whole realism vs. fun argument, but still, Yahtzee touched on it in one of his shooter reviews where he said you should be injured and go home as a hero of war.

I dont know, it doesnt really bother me that much (though I think it creates a bad image on impressionable minds that are on the lower spectrum of intelligence) but it pisses off my uncle and grandfather (both war vets, the former a Marine in his 40s, the latter an Army Ranger in his 80s) cause they constantly tell me that I could never do that on the battlefield.

Professor James

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2010
emeraldrafael said:

I know, this is the whole realism vs. fun argument, but still, Yahtzee touched on it in one of his shooter reviews where he said you should be injured and go home as a hero of war.

I dont know, it doesnt really bother me that much (though I think it creates a bad image on impressionable minds that are on the lower spectrum of intelligence) but it pisses off my uncle and grandfather (both war vets, the former a Marine in his 40s, the latter an Army Ranger in his 80s) cause they constantly tell me that I could never do that on the battlefield.
Maybe you should try playing some realistic shooters like Operation flashpoint or rainbow six

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Professor James said:
emeraldrafael said:

Maybe you should try playing some realistic shooters like Operation flashpoint or rainbow six
Do you get dropped after one bullet? Lie up somewhere bleeding and having to visit the doctor to remove and sticth you up?

Professor James

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2010
emeraldrafael said:
Professor James said:
emeraldrafael said:

Do you get dropped after one bullet? Lie up somewhere bleeding and having to visit the doctor to remove and sticth you up?
No but you can't heal yourself so if you're hurt, you stay that way for the rest of the mission.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Professor James said:
emeraldrafael said:
Professor James said:
emeraldrafael said:

No but you can't heal yourself so if you're hurt, you stay that way for the rest of the mission.
Its still fantasy. you dont just start running when you're shot,a nd your body isnt good as new. If anyhting you should be fatigued even after and have difficult using that limb, especially int he kinda combat they do.

AllLagNoFrag

Jun 7, 2010
How the hell does a "magical" stack of hay prevent you from living after falling at least 30m from a building?

Jan 29, 2009
Ca3zar416 said:
Yahtzee pointed this one out. How is it that Bowser constantly pulls the same stuff over and over again and the Mushroom Kingdom never seems any better prepared? Did they even do ANYTHING to prevent him from pulling the same shenanigans?
This is why:http://kotaku.com/#!5730965/what-if-princess-peach-and-zelda-just-like-being-kidnapped

My question is "why are red explosive barrels are strewn all about the battlefield?"

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
How would a solid gold desert eagle work? Gold is really soft!
HOW DOES DOUBLE JUMPING WORK?
Like Yahtzee said, What type of cutting tool fires in short, non continious bursts?
WHY DO THESE PEOPLE NEVER NEED TO USE THE RESTROOM? (except Duke Nukem I guess...)
How do Mario's clothes grow with him when he gets a mushroom?
How do these nubby RPG avatars stay the same size on world maps as when in buildings?
How does one carry 20 weapons at the same time?
WHAT IS "OH MY COD!" SUPPOSED TO MEAN, BARRY?
Chainsaws are actually very impractical weapons.

theonlyblaze2

Aug 20, 2010
How can I soak up hundreds and hundreds of bullets/attacks/fireballs but as soon as the lead bad guy hits me, I die from a brain aneurysm? (Aeris, I am glaring at you)

captaincabbage

Apr 8, 2010
Professor James said:
Look, I know that games will never be and most don't try to be realistic. But there is that odd thing you notice in games that just stand out. For me it's the helmet issac Clarke wears. How the hell can he see with that thing on? There are just three slits on his helmet and I also wonder how his tiny suit can hold so much air. It is almost skintight.
But, it's the future.

lol I made up my own little excuse about Isaac's helmet slits. I say to anyone who asks that they're three camera systems, capturing the environment at different angles and distances so the little around-face screen inside can accurately project a sense of 3D and aid his depth perception.
And when they don't believe that I just do jazz hands and say "FFFUUUUUUUUTTTTUUUURRREEE!!"

OT: Anyway, pretty much ANYTHING in Resi 5's control scheme. You're a fucking elite military operative Chris, can't you move and aim/reload/melee at the same time?

sheic99

Oct 15, 2008
emeraldrafael said:
Professor James said:
emeraldrafael said:
Professor James said:
emeraldrafael said:

Its still fantasy. you dont just start running when you're shot,a nd your body isnt good as new. If anyhting you should be fatigued even after and have difficult using that limb, especially int he kinda combat they do.
If it's anything like SWAT 4, it's one maybe two shot kill, and if you're hit in either leg you walk extremely slow for the rest of the level. Head, arm or chest makes your accuracy absolute shit, to the point where you have to stand still and aim down the sight to hit somebody that's ten feet away.
TheDutchin said:
zehydra said:
Double jumping.

Explain it.
Just a heads up, quoting somebody without typing anything your self will get you on probation.

Nexus4

Jul 13, 2010
Why the hell is the evoker in Persona 3 shaped like a gun? I know it's all symbolic and whatnot, by why a gun of all designs?

Also how do KO's work in soul calibur? Bluntiest blades ever!

brunothepig

May 18, 2009
Dfskelleton said:
How do Mario's clothes grow with him when he gets a mushroom?
Hahaha. I never thought of that... At all.
I can't think of something people haven't already said...
Invisible walls. Or, easily bypassed obstacles like glass windows or small fences that we can't climb or break.

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
Professor James said:
For me it's the helmet issac Clarke wears. How the hell can he see with that thing on? There are just three slits on his helmet and I also wonder how his tiny suit can hold so much air. It is almost skintight.
Well, his helmet isn't exactly medieval.
And then there's this magical thing called 'compressed air'.
What makes no sense to me is the fact that you point out things that are extremely easily explained, even with present day technology, but fail to even mention the telekinesis and time manipulation.
Or the necromorphs for that matter.
I mean, really?