Things that are illegal, that you don't have problem with

Blindswordmaster

Dec 28, 2009
What are some laws that you personally disagree with. I personally don't get lawsuits. I believe that if you've really done something wrong, then you should be brought upon criminal charges. I also think pot should be legal; not because I smoke it, but because there are other worse drugs and drug dealers that we should focus our attention on thwarting.

Dags90

Oct 27, 2009
Marijuana, prostitution, certain instances of underage drinking, pumping your own gas.

JamesCG

May 3, 2008
Pumping your own gas is illegal? There's self serve up here. ._.
But, yeah. Prostitution and Marijuana.

That's really all I can think of.

Plurralbles

Jan 12, 2010
rape murder and burning down tiny coastal villages... How is one supposed to be a barbarian in these tough restraints?

Ironic Pirate

May 21, 2009
Piracy.

Yeah, I know it's evil and killing the games industry, but most of the time the person wouldn't have bought it anyway.

I don't think it should be legal, necessarily, but I don't mind it.

FrostyChick

Little Miss Vampire.
Jul 13, 2010
Plurralbles said:
rape murder and burning down tiny coastal villages... How is one supposed to be a barbarian in these tough restraints?
those things are illegal... o_O ... damn there goes my plans for saturday.

OT:
Dags90 said:
Marijuana, prostitution, certain instances of underage drinking, pumping your own gas.
This ^

shootdown

May 21, 2009
weed, marijuana should not be illegal, its just plain ridiculous. and while i'm at it ketamines just about as harmless, and so's mdma, you don't die off that stuff, the only way anyones ever died from ecstasy is because they got extremely wired and danced all night with out letting themselves cooldown and then they got hypothermia. I don't take stuff all the time btw, just occasionally.

FamoFunk

Dad, I'm in space.
Mar 10, 2010
Pumping your own "gas" is illegal?

Erm, weed, piracy to a degree, prosotution.

There's so much more but I really have drawn a blank now you've asked -_-

dududf

Aug 31, 2009
Piracy*, marijuana (I don't do any drugs, excluding some tyenol and buckleys), prostitution(I think the government should have some "Safe" areas for prostitution, have condom dealers, and police near by in case they are abusive.)

*Downloaded game =/= lost sale, word of mouth, them buying the game after, no rental services, e.t.c. Don't get me started on it.

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
shootdown said:
weed, marijuana should not be illegal, its just plain ridiculous. and while i'm at it ketamines just about as harmless, and so's mdma, you don't die off that stuff, the only way anyones ever died from ecstasy is because they got extremely wired and danced all night with out letting themselves cooldown and then they got hypothermia. I don't take stuff all the time btw, just occasionally.
I do believe you mean hyperthermia, as I doubt dancing all night makes you colder.

Okay, it can, but it depends. But yes, I agree with you.

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
I think all the stupid little laws that hurt absolutely no-one are a load of crap. As for proper laws though, marijuana should be legal, and prostitution should be legal. However, prostitution should also still be heavily regulated, and made so that the people choosing to work as prostitutes are protected, forced to undergo regular health checks, etc. Making it a legal industry (because let's face it, it'll never be stamped out, and what about those who choose it for whatever reason anyway?) would help to reduce the level of illegal pimping and forcing people to work on the streets, and would help protect those who do choose it. As well as helping to effectively 'out' the ones (pimps mainly) who are actually doing other illegal stuff (drugs, extortion, human trafficking, etc.). And would help ensure discreteness for those people who do see prostitutes, given that really I don't see it as all that bad, provided it's all consensual (which it would be in a regulated industry). The only problem I see with the clients of prostitutes is when married men or women go to them, and cheat on their partners, which is just wrong in the same way that any other form of cheating is wrong...

I'm rambling on a bit here, but I just felt like getting my views across there. Anyway, as I say, I think marijuana and prostitution should both be legalised. Hell, look at Denmark. Go To Amsterdam. Look at their crime statistics and stuff like that, and you'll see just how alright things are in a place where those things are perfectly legal...