Things that cause you to nerd-rage.

AngryBritishAce

Feb 19, 2010
Haters, and the fact that haters hate even before a game comes out. Why cant they just enjoy whats there? Or if not, then be reasonable and not just troll on forums about how much they hate? Keep it to yourselves!

minka1995

Jan 6, 2011
People who get the secret organisations, conspiracys and and general Dan Brown stuff mixed up.
Gahh, just the other day someone tried to convince me Silas from The Da Vinci Code was a memeber of the Illuminati, nearly slapped 'em across the face.

RA92

Jan 1, 2011
All those people who turned 'LOL' into a word. Seriously?

These days I only use this 'word' sarcastically just to spite y'all...

SuperNova221

May 29, 2010
People who call storage memory.

Those who try to justify bad grammar.

Those who don't understand fallacies yet try to argue with me anyway.

Those who have very little knowledge of a subject, yet act as if they are the end all be all of the topic. Especially on topics that I'm somewhat competant in. Computing is the worst for this. So many people I've met think they know everything about computers because they once setup a printer, or because they are able to install firefox.

Eh, I could make a really long list of things that send me into nerd-rage, but when I enter nerd rage the worst that happens is that I rant, and I enjoy ranting. So I guess it's not a bad thing.

Croix Sinistre

Oct 25, 2009
The only thing that makes me nerd-rage is this:

I have a Cerberus tattoo on my upper left arm and it irks me to no end when someone sees it and says "is that the harry potter dog?!"

Faces have never begged so much to be punched.

EDIT: Actually I just remembered something else that makes me nerd rage. Now, I'm no comic book fan, but I can't stand how people who would otherwise never care about comic book characters suddenly act like they've been living in comic book shops their whole life once a multi-million dollar movie is made. "OMG! Captain 'merica movie coming out, LOL"

Its a spit in the face of everyone who's ever stuck by a hobby/interest/way of life before it became 'cool'. I realize thats a hipster way to think, but whatever.

standokan

May 28, 2009
mare84 said:
I'm still raging over Firefly cancellation!
THIS, I still don´t understand how a show like heroes can go on that long and a masterpiece like this just gets cancelled.

Also, the cancellation of Freaks and Geeks.

Mrrrgggrlllrrrg

Jun 21, 2010
I rage at hippies, i hate their dirty uncouth breed.

People commenting on radiometric dating and evolution with no knowledge of the subjects, makes me wanna punch em.

Anti-nuclear energy people, vast majority of the time they just fear what they dont understand, then theres the few know-it-all jackholes that take misinformation and say everything else is wrong because they "have the answer".

And Conspiracy Theorists, bolded and italicized to show my deep seated burning frothing hatred. The virtual linch pins of the idiots, the rallying cry from their mouths readily lowers our collective species IQ by 30 points.

This is why I wish police would bring back the hoses and dogs because in my mind I am strangling these people with their own entrails.

NotAPie

Jan 19, 2009
Colinmac93 said:
Two things that cause Nerd rage in me:
1. Marvel vs Capcom 3 - Why does almost every person in it use Dante, Sentinel, Ryu or Akuma?
I'm going with this guy, you haven't raged till you've had some jerk do the same combo to you over and over and over again till you die.
Then I'M the one with no skill.
Rage.

Togs

Dec 8, 2010
Bad spelling and grammar.
Miscasting or deviating too far from the source material (e.g. still not convinced about Ryan Reynolds as Hal Jordan).
Media bigotry e.g. Gamers are all overweight, socially inept freaks
Stupid people holding stupid opinions.
Clever people holding stupid opinions.

Mandalore_15

Aug 12, 2009
thecoreyhlltt said:
holy christ, whenever someone tries to tell me i'm wrong about a Star Wars trivia question... or when so called star wars fans say episodes 1-3 are shit and what not, if you think they suck; then A) you're not a star wars fan. and B) YOU SUCK!
Actually, Star Wards fans have a legitimate gripe with the prequel trilogy, in that they're completely incongruous with the original trilogy. They basically take a giant, steaming dump all over the canon. One fan has even gone so far as to prove they never happened (I can't remember the link, but I'm sure google can help you out there)...

Jul 5, 2009
People who harp on about bad grammar.
People can use the English language how they want.
Oscar Wilde didn't give a shit about it, it's how a language evolves.

Anyone who uses the word try-hard.
Please die in a fire, that makes no sense. Why wouldn't someone try hard not to win?

People who take themselfs/the game far to seriously.
Okay yes I get you want to try your best to win, but don't rage against someone if a raid goes tits up from one mistake.

Shoqiyqa

Mar 31, 2009
TheRightToArmBears said:
Also, bees wings not being explainable by science. For starters, being completely unexplainable by science doesn't make sense. Secondly, we know how they work, it's just not like how most wings work.
"Engineers with very large brains told us that bumblebees can't fly. Bumblebees, unencumbered by such large brains, continued to fly, blissfully unaware of their inability to do so." - Thought For The Day, Radio 4, a while ago.

RobCoxxy

Feb 22, 2009
Angerwing said:
When people say "Evolution is 'just a theory'". It just tells me they profoundly misunderstand science, and it makes me angry inside.
*Angry twitch*

I usually retaliate with how the bible's just a goddamn book. :p

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
Shoqiyqa said:
TheRightToArmBears said:
Also, bees wings not being explainable by science. For starters, being completely unexplainable by science doesn't make sense. Secondly, we know how they work, it's just not like how most wings work.
"Engineers with very large brains told us that bumblebees can't fly. Bumblebees, unencumbered by such large brains, continued to fly, blissfully unaware of their inability to do so." - Thought For The Day, Radio 4, a while ago.
FUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Engineers know exactly how bumblebees fly. I hate it, hate it, when people try and make out that higher intelligence is somehow bad. This is a combination of two bits of extreme stupidity that requires severe *****-slapping. Which lecherous cretin said such idiocy?!

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
Death_Korps_Kommissar said:

Please die in a fire, that makes no sense. Why wouldn't someone try hard not to win?

... What.

............ What.

I... I don't even....

What?

The hypocrisy, it BURNS!

LordDPS

Jun 4, 2010
lets see,

Star Trek 11
12 year olds who play warhamer 40k and think they know all about the lore from just reading the codices
Rednecks on xbox live
chavs
pc elitests
contards
4TH EDITION
COD
people who claim bioshock is inovative when System Shock and Dues Ex did it first
WARHAMMER CAME FIRST 1987 BIATCH
Twilight(i read the books - then burned them)
anyone who makes fun of Jamie Oliver HE IS TRYING TO GET AMERICA HEALTHY THEFORE UNDOING THE STEREOTYPE OF AMERCANS BEING FAT AND LAZY
school (ignorant arseholes)

anymore and i might seem like im always angry.

Jul 5, 2009
ZeroMachine said:

... What.

............ What.

I... I don't even....

What?

The hypocrisy, it BURNS!
Hahaha I know my bad, I wasn't sure if I had made a clear enough difference between my two points.
I guess my experience is people call people who drop shot on COD MLG wBna-be's/try hards.
But I guess my idea of a try hard and an asshole must be a bit different than the universal meaning.

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
ZeroMachine said:

... What.

............ What.

I... I don't even....

What?

The hypocrisy, it BURNS!
Hahaha I know my bad, I wasn't sure if I had made a clear enough difference between my two points.
I guess my experience is people call people who drop shot on COD MLG wBna-be's/try hards.
But I guess my idea of a try hard and an asshole must be a bit different than the universal meaning.
Huh, actually, I kind of misunderstood the "try-hard" part. I've never heard it used as a term like that o_O

That totally is lame XD