Things that cause you to nerd-rage.

Walter44

Apr 24, 2011
When people think Spider-Man's web-shooters are biological just because of the movie. Or when people mix up console names and say things like "Playstation Wii".

There are probably more, but I can't think of them right now. But these two piss me off the most...

Oh, no wait: When people think Fallout is from Bethesda. Or say "Fallout 3" when they refer to things that are universal to the whole series (like Vault Boy or the Brotherhood) and generally behave like Fallout 3 was the first Fallout game. Do tehy just ignore that it has a "3" in its name?

AngryBritishAce

Feb 19, 2010
People who believe in Ghosts, magic or Miracle Healing, anything like that. For gods sake, there's no such things as ghosts or spirits. I've got a friend who believes DRAGONS exist. Can you believe it? I mean, he PISSES ME OFF SO MUCH!!!
If you've ever watched anything by Derren Brown or Richard Dawkins, and you will know about all the people they've exposed and how people blindly follow them even after he's shown them to be frauds.

Derren Brown recently did a show where he got someone to pretend to be a Miracle Healer and the expose that they are fakes. People take them so seriously that they kill themselves because they think they've been cured by God, when it was all tricks and hypnotism.

To be fair, it's not the people who believe it I'm angry at(well, except those who believe in Dragons and ghosts, that's just going TOO far), it's not their fault. But those who take advantage of them, take their money, sometimes all of it, and then does a mind trick and runs off. These people are being stolen from, and yet they still can't even see it.

Kaltazraza

Creepy dancing
Sep 10, 2008
LuckyClover95 said:
When people base too much Pokemon knowledge on the tv show not the game :(
That makes my blood boil, also people who uses wrong facts about Pokemon.

Soviet Steve

May 23, 2009
I recall being rather annoyed by Homefront trying to pass itself off as being any more credible than Star Wars or Final Fantasy story-wise, plus the unending legions of people who sallied forth to defend it as the best game ever when all I did was point out that the story isn't realistic.

I was unsurprised when the game turned out to be garbage, I did laugh though.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
believer258 said:
newwiseman said:
30 second computer hacking done in movies.., actually anything computer related displayed in a movie will make me nerd rage, CSI too for the same reasons.., lets just say all computer related and internet related topics in any form of media (other than technology journal/blog) make me nerd-rage due to inaccuracy.

Nothing else really makes me nerd-rage. An interesting follow up to this thread could be what makes you nerd-gasm?
Yeah, that's really annoying. Especially the Life episode which used Prince of Persia Warrior Within to access a file on the Xbox. WTF? Firstly, if he could put a file on the Xbox it would have been modified and could have been easily accessed via Filezilla. Secondly, PoPWW doesn't say "Level 9!" Thirdly, they got the story extremely wrong(Farrah wasn't in the fucking game! She was in the first and third ones!). Fifthly, it makes it out as if the only good gamers are the ones who live with their parents and have life-sized Captain Kirk costumes, or you have to be a girl to be good at the game. Sixthly... You know what, just watch it yourself, it's an abomination:

OK, so that went off of what I was going for. Blaring technical inaccuracies like that one say that someone didn't do their research. What, out of a how-many-man team, no one knows how to look up Wikipedia, or maybe a gameplay video? Why not? It wouldn't take that long to find out what it means. They just do it to make computers sound more complicated, when they're really not.

What else makes me rage? Bad endings do, but I can hold my tongue on those. Otherwise... nothing.
I agree with every point there, except for look at 0:29, it says Prince of Persia: Two Thrones, not Warrior Within.

Harley Q

Oct 11, 2009
The sound of music makes me rage.

1) Maria, the almost nun, makes a lot of "play clothes" for the children, all seven of them or whatever, from curtains very quickly and without the help of any apparent sewing machine.

2) The only curtains with that particular pattern are from Maria's room and there seems to be a lack of material for clothing seven children.

3) The children keep singing, yet I fear that it is probably very uncomfortable to wear curtains, and also very embarrassing to wear flower patterned leiderhosen if you are one of the male spawn of captain Von Trapp.

4) My only non-curtain related issue, when they escape at the end, if they carry on over the Alps, they would probably run into Mr Hitler himself or possibly a few hundred Nazi dudes with many weapons and frankly, bad attitudes.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
Quaxar said:
Pretty much any show involving computers screws their facts up.
Games do not work without any kind of HUD.

And for fuck's sake... why do you guys manage to make a show about doctors solving complex illnesses but at the same time make them suck at basic life-saving skills?
CPR does not work like this, doctor House!
House makes absolutely no sense as it is anyway.

What hospital would play five doctors to take on a single case a week when they only really need House and an assistant to solve it, seeing as he is always the one who figures it out? Even then, what kind of hospital would pay for a single doctor to have only one patient a week?

It's just idiotic.

hilarius117 said:
People who accuse other people on not being 'true gamers" because they don't like to play the same games or are not very good at games. Also, people who claim to be "true gamers."
This, as well as the extensions of being a "true fan". On the Gears of War forums it is currently being said by the "veterans" that anybody who likes the new weapons added for the Beta are not "true fans".

It makes me want to hit them.

Jamaicob5 said:
Haters, and the fact that haters hate even before a game comes out. Why cant they just enjoy whats there? Or if not, then be reasonable and not just troll on forums about how much they hate? Keep it to yourselves!
What is infuriating about that is when you say this to them and they reply with the childish remark "I am entitled to my opinion".

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
SuperNova221 said:
Those who have very little knowledge of a subject, yet act as if they are the end all be all of the topic. Especially on topics that I'm somewhat competant in.
This. Oh, God! This!

I have a friend who pulls that shit on me with absolutely everything, via confident generalizations. The best story I can give you is this: an argument about DLC content. Fact: You can't add new character models into console DLC. To do so would be to change the basic game engine, which cannot happen once people have bought their game, and it is now in their possession. You'd have to recall every copy of the game/every download to do that properly.

When new characters are introduced via DLC, one of two things has happened: A) a reskin of an existing base model. 2) The model was in the game, locked away with the intent of being introduced via DLC.

The argument was this: My friend and I were talking about Halo 3: ODST. My friend vehemently states that Halo ODST was meant to be DLC to Halo 3, and that they made it into a full game for money grubbing purposes. I said no, because it was a varied version of the engine containing brand new character models which couldn't have been introduced with the exact same base as Halo 3. He just said no, they obviously did. When I asked him to provide proof that this happened, he just said "it's what everybody knows happened."

Sion_Barzahd

Jul 2, 2008
World of Warcraft. I love the game, in fact i'm on it right now, but little things in it are plain silly.

An ability warriors use called thunder stomp, where they slam the ground cannot be used when silenced, which prevents spells ... You can't hit the ground without talking?

Also some quests where you have to collect X number of Y item from Z mob. Especially when its like their face, or eye. You kill ten and i start thinking "Holy hell, do these things NOT HAVE EYES?!" i know its for balancing reasons or whatever but still...

Another thing that used to make me nerd rage was flash bangs in cod4, not because they're annoying and were a prelude to me getting shredded by bullets, but because my shoddy tv would freak out and start changing channels when there was a sudden change in brightness...

Jakub324

Jan 23, 2011
People getting all nostalgic about Mario and Zelda: They're dead, get over it!
My friend once left our party on CoD to yell at some French people because they were using thermal sights... He does that a lot.

SarcasminBloom

Sep 30, 2009
Tanking on World of Warcraft. When a hunter pulls a mob and doesn't have the intention of trapping, HOLY SHIT, I lose it.

Unrelated to gaming, I nerd-rage whenever anyone mentions a contrabass clarinet due to my high school band teacher not letting me play it on ONE song even though he promised me I could and instead FLAKED OUT at the LAST MINUTE and gave the ENTIRE CONCERT SET to my STUPID EX BOYFRIEND because HE PLAYED IT THE WHOLE YEAR.

.....FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Cazer

Feb 23, 2011
People who have only watched the Prequels and think they're Star Wars pro's, then call you mean names when you outsmart them by naming Expanded Universe characters :[.

LuckyClover95

Jun 7, 2010
Kaltazraza said:
LuckyClover95 said:
When people base too much Pokemon knowledge on the tv show not the game :(
That makes my blood boil, also people who uses wrong facts about Pokemon.
I'm actually not even a Pokemon pro, I just like the game and when people pretend to be Poke-experts by saying "I've seen like, almost every episode" I'm just like....meeeeh. You no Pokefan.
What's your favorite Pokemon? Just a-wondering.

xdom125x

Dec 14, 2010
Like several others in this thread, the term "just a theory". Anything without evidence can at best be a hypothesis.
And what I believe is a corollary, "that is just my/your opinion" to try to put 2 claims on equal footing. Especially when applied to science or to justifying holding a stance that has been proven wrong.

I am not quoting you to prove you wrong (because you are correct), I want to elaborate on what you said because these 2 are pet peeves of my own.
TheRightToArmBears said:
Anything to do with only using 10% of the brain and that using more would give us some sort of powers. It's entirely bullshit.
If my memory serves me, there is a scientific term for having your entire brain be activated at once. It is called having a seizure.

Also, bees wings not being explainable by science. For starters, being completely unexplainable by science doesn't make sense. Secondly, we know how they work, it's just not like how most wings work.
I am pretty sure a good analogy would be to compare their ability to fly to that of a helicoper's.

Frostbyte666

Nov 27, 2010
People who look down on me and call me childish/geeky for watching anime and when I ask do you watch futurama/simpsons/family guy etc, they say yes. I then proceed to call them hypocrits.

Jan 29, 2009
Seeing smoke trails in space.
*ahem*
Without an atmosphere to counteract the pressure of the gas released, the smoke would quickly dissipate in all directions, including (unless the ship is under constant acceleration) forwards.