Things that Skyrim Needs

I.N.producer

May 26, 2011
I'd be happy if Steam let me unpatch it. I get five times more bugs now than I did on release, I went from a crash maybe every 10 hours to one every hour or two and texture loading errors.

Really I'd like spell effects with a timer on the HUD. I hate not knowing when my invisibility and defensive spells will run out.

boandpop

Dec 2, 2008
The ability to turn animal pelts into a fashionable coat. Also, the ability to wear more than one ring at a time, perhaps with a stacked effects system. (5+ Stamina for one ring, 10+ Stamina for two of the same rings, etc) I'd also like there to be a hairdresser, so you can change your hair. (Trivial, but I get bored of the same hairstyle every day.) These are all trivial, and potentially mod-fodder.

Vrex360

Badass Alien
Mar 2, 2009
It needs more hot Argonian chicks, right now my character feels lonely.

There needs to be some kind of reptilian form for an Argonian werewolf. If I'm already reptilian then I shouldn't turn into a wolf, I should become like a crocodile or something.

I want athletics and acrobatics to be a skill again, it was my speciality in Oblivion.

ShindoL Shill

Truely we are the Our Avatars XI
Jul 11, 2011
NeutralDrow said:
Platypuses. Everything needs at least one platypus.

Also, spears as available weapons.
yes and yes.

also, when i wood cut, i want to be able to do it more than three times in a single buttoning.

and faction clothes, like in NV. i want to be able to bullshit my way into a Legion camp just by wearing their armour.
and disguises too. i want to be able to wear beggar clothes and get a couple of septims from random people. and if i wear fancy clothes, i want people to think i'm fancy.

and i want it to be slow-mo when i shield-charge! because 1. it's hard to turn and 2. it's cool to see people fly off cliffs slow-mo.
magmayoshi said:
Fasckira said:
- Some sort of "do not fuck with me" aura so that low level mobs just stay away (wolves for example).
Lowest level mobs like wolves wouldn't know any better with auras is the only thing. But it would be nice if the enemy recognized when you have one-shot most of the fort (doing the the Civil War when very high-leveled feels rightfully godly but would feel more-so if the enemy intelligently ran from their death).
i once chased two imperial soldiers down a mountain just to kill them, because i'd already taken over the fort.

on that note, Doggy Armour. i found a dog after chasing them, and he died in Solitude (i was a Stormcloak). not DLC, but craftable. Dog Helmet, Dog Armour and Spiked Dog Boots.

also, i want Smithing upgrades. I want to be able to make my own Targe of the Bloodied by taking it to a workbench and getting the 'design' or something and then being able to choose like enchanting. ie:
Upgrade- Bleeding Spikes (+y Bleeding Damage on Strike)
Armour- Dragonbone Gauntlets (Strike=Unarmed)
Material- Ebony (y=20)

and i want the upgrades to be enchantable;
Item- Ebony Spikes
Enchant- damage effect

etc.
Monoochrom said:
1. My Magic doesn't hurt my Companions, far too often has Lydia bit the dust during a heated battle because she runs directly into the fray and my aim was slightly off with the fireball. She shouldn't take damage unless I am deliberatly attacking here, therefore, companions, aswell as dogs and horses, only take damage after you attack them multiple times in short succession. I can't even use my Fireball (the one with the explosion radius) because either way, I'm either going to end up killing a companion or downing them.

2. A flying mount. Come on, I'm the fucking Dovahkiin, I should be able to call a dragon (hint) and ride it. Flying, when it has Plane-like mechanics, has always kept me hooked longer, especially...imagine aerial dragon fights...!!!

3. Better Menus on PC without Mods.

4. No stupid as hell 2gb Ram Cap without Mods.

5. Actual climbing. I know not all Characters are, but my Dovahkiin is a Nord and no matter what you are, you are in Skyrim, a place full of hills and mountains, I want a climbing mechanic.
1. Not only that, but stop guards attacking me because the happened to be on the direct opposite side of a dragon when i used Fire Breath on it. it was not assault. it was accidental friendly fire.

2. Hell yes. too often do i see dragons circling me above, not doing anything. i want to be able to Call Dragon and aerial fight, Drakengarde style, with the other dragon.

3. While i'm on XBox, better organisation at least.

4. Uh... i want to be able to fucking INSTALL mods.

5. Oh yeah. Nords: why the hell can't they, they live in Mountain-Land. Khajiit/Argonians: the have tails for balance! All the others: actually, anyone can climb, why can't they!

Ashley Mooney

Nov 5, 2011
When you were listing what they already have; I was thinking: F*ck, when is this going to end. And then I realised that was what they already have. They need more choice in this game. While there is a large amount of what you are allowed to do, there is little to no choice in what you can't do. I'd love the opportunity to be able to say no in certain areas, and not have the quest arrow stay there forever. This may be asking for alot, but that was what I was hoping Skyrim would offer, unlike Oblivion. Also, I was PRAYING for the opportunity to become a town guard.

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
I thought of another one: I want to be able to destroy the Thieves' Guild like I can the Dark Brotherhood.

It's for consistency, and because it's actually quite annoying that Brynolf is not just immortal, he's completely invulnerable.

TrilbyWill said:
and faction clothes, like in NV. i want to be able to bullshit my way into a Legion camp just by wearing their armour.
Well, more extensive disguising, at least. You actually can bullshit your way into the Thalmor embassy while wearing their clothes...assuming you're an altmer, or look at least vaguely elfin in general.

<color=blue>"Hi guys, let me in."
<color=red>"Imposter!"
<color=blue>"What?! How?!"
<color=red>"You have a snout."
<color=blue>"..."
<color=red>"Also, claws and a tail."
<color=blue>"Yeah, funny thing about these claws..."

Substitute Troll

Aug 29, 2010
Crossbows, and make the glass armor more like the Morrowind variant.

Solution to Todd's problem of having weaons be more unique would be to make crossbows slooooow but powerful and accurate, atleast more so than bows.

magma

Jul 21, 2010
TrilbyWill said:
magmayoshi said:
Fasckira said:
- Some sort of "do not fuck with me" aura so that low level mobs just stay away (wolves for example).
Lowest level mobs like wolves wouldn't know any better with auras is the only thing. But it would be nice if the enemy recognized when you have one-shot most of the fort (doing the the Civil War when very high-leveled feels rightfully godly but would feel more-so if the enemy intelligently ran from their death).
i once chased two imperial soldiers down a mountain just to kill them, because i'd already taken over the fort.

on that note, Doggy Armour. i found a dog after chasing them, and he died in Solitude (i was a Stormcloak). not DLC, but craftable. Dog Helmet, Dog Armour and Spiked Dog Boots.

also, i want Smithing upgrades. I want to be able to make my own Targe of the Bloodied by taking it to a workbench and getting the 'design' or something and then being able to choose like enchanting. ie:
Upgrade- Bleeding Spikes (+y Bleeding Damage on Strike)
Armour- Dragonbone Gauntlets (Strike=Unarmed)
Material- Ebony (y=20)

and i want the upgrades to be enchantable;
Item- Ebony Spikes
Enchant- damage effect

etc.
Pre-scripted retreats don't count, the last few of each civil war fort always run. Also every single enemy fake yielding with low health is just stupid. I'm talking about making the AI recognize at any given point if you will kill them all which would make them surrender or run away properly by pissing themselves while dropping their valuables to distract you from their running.

Making finding stray dogs more common would be nice too, the only stray I ever picked up was supremely badass, one-shot some skeevers that didn't see the psychotic little bugger coming in his first fight; no one fucks with the animals in Skyrim. Lost him in some Dwemer ruin, "No I don't give a flying fuck right now that you almost died in a Dwemer ruin Mjoll, WHERE'S OUR FUCKING DOG?!" the stupid AI couldn't figure out I was doing something more important than listen to it restate things.
While we are talking about followers, having their AI scale to your level automatically NEEDS to be implemented (using the console to circumvent this for PC is not good enough). Your followers always being skilled the same as day 1 of you meeting them is silly. Would also be nice if your followers selected the best armour/weapons when the AI just has to do a quick calculation of damage per second and an armour comparison, currently it often picks things that are not upgraded and defaults to base weapons (like the damn hunting bow for Aela) on some characters.

While it would be nice to customize any armour using any other armour as reference the shear amount of extra content that would be needed to be made would be insane. It's not going to happen sadly.

TrilbyWill said:
5. Oh yeah. Nords: why the hell can't they, they live in Mountain-Land. Khajiit/Argonians: the have tails for balance! All the others: actually, anyone can climb, why can't they!
You can "climb" but to do so you have to look like a moron, it is the RPG way. And if you don't know the RPG way of "climbing" often it is running backwards while jumping around like an idiot and exploiting ride-able creatures, just like it is in Skyrim.