Things that Skyrim Needs

SlaveNumber23

A WordlessThing, a ThinglessWord
Aug 9, 2011
Here is a serious and easy to do one: folders to organize your save files with so that you can separate your save files for different characters.

Also needs spears, lances, halberds etc.

DarkRyter

Dec 15, 2008
Some guy who collects thalmor eyeballs.

You kill thalmor and give him the eyeballs. He pays you.

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
somonels said:
A Creation Kit - the rest is provided by modders.
The problem with mods is that they tend to be fairly shoddy compared to official stuff, and they make the game less stable. They're great, but definitely what I hope for as the primary solution.

gigastrike

Jul 13, 2008
1: Hardcore mode
2: Larger cities
3: An actual use for cooking
4: The ability to join the Vigilants of Stendarr (plus quest line)
5: Ponies

Afterthought: the merchants need to be rebalanced.

Nomanslander

Feb 21, 2009
A damn health and stamina bar for my horse, in game mages that don't blast me in half a second, crimes with more sensible punishments (killing the emperor, I get a bounty of a thousand gold...???THE EMPEROR!!0o)

That's about it for now...=/

Cpu46

Gloria ex machina
Sep 21, 2009
Nouw said:
Giant snakes. It'd be fun to go giant snake hunting!
Those wouldn't work that well in Skyrim since it is a bit outside a normal snakes climate. Perhaps the Black Marsh would be more fitting. Come on Bethesda make TES VI set in the Black marsh and satisfy my Argonian craving! Oh! Along that line of thought I would love a Naga race (Snake peoples) in the TES universe. Argonians are cool and all but come on this is a fantasy game, give me something that isn't bipedal! Flex those creative muscles! Centaurs, Naga, Harpies, Driders! Endless possibilities!

OT: Skyrim specifically? Significantly more quests that open up once you are a Vampire/Werewolf. Vampire/Werewolf societies and towns hidden away from non Vampires/Werewolves. Close off towns and quest lines when people know what you are and open up new ones elsewhere. Along the same line I want the choice of race to mean more in a similar way, perhaps have a setting for NPC's that determines what races can and can not get quests from them. Take a bonus or hit to barter depending on a merchants view of your race. Have a chance that a thug will corner your character in a back alley and attack or how large your fines are depending on how your race is viewed in that town.

ranyilliams

Dec 26, 2008
1. I really would love to see some destructible environments, if i have an axe and i want to cut down a tree i would like to be able to cut down that tree. If i want to use that tree to make chopping wood/firewood. then take that firewood and make arrows. (Be part of every stage of production) Also with the destructible environments i think it would be amazing to FUS ROH DAH a house and have parts of it fly off, or even have the house fall over. Bad company had some awesome destructible environments stuff...i don't see why that couldn't be in this game.

2. Also I think it would be cool to be able to create multiple different things out of ingots, i think it would be cool to make a gold house. Or like an ebony house.

3. Vampire/Werewolf/Bandit/Foresworn/traders Guilds I would love to be able to choose which part of this world i want to be part of.

4. I think having more people in the cities would be nice. like a lot of these cities feel like they have been abandoned.

5. When Dragons attack cities i would like to have people running around and screaming and freaking out. It would be cool to see a whole group of people running for safety only to get roasted by fire (LIVE ACTION TRAILER STYLE)

6. Crossbows.

7. HORSEBACK COMBAT. (This is actually my biggest want from this game) I feel like being able to ride by someone on a horse and just slash them with my sword would be fun. Or having a large battle be on horseback with many other stormcloak/imperial fighters. Being able to Draw your sword and charge into battle.

8. More variable enemies

9. A shout that lets me summon a dragon to ride.

10. Be able to destroy a city (kill everyone) and have it be empty for the rest of the game. (real consequences for big actions)

11. be able to set houses on fire, if i take out a fire spell and fire it at a house for a long period of time i think the people inside should both run outside and the house should burn to the ground.

Fieldy409_v1legacy

Oct 9, 2008
Enemies bandits should react when they see the corpses of their friends you just stealthkilled. Maybe they could go look for you, or put their backs to a wall with their weapon drawn, or flee the room and alert their friends. They could get into an alert state where they are constantly looking over their shoulder. Add Patrols and you would have a good reason to drag away corpses and hide them.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
A few things:

- Variety with the armors. How come there's several varieties of fur armor (and hide armor I think), but I can only forge one look for the rest? (some more variety in the weapon/shield looks as well)

- The option to not have my horse fast travel with me. I don't really need Frost with me when I go to do a quest that's in a dungeon, nor do I want him to get attacked and killed by a pack of wolves/a bear(s)/dragon/bandit/etc.

- Forts occupied by people other than bandits/mages. Ok, maybe I haven't seen other people in forts since I haven't really done the civil war quest yet, but it would still be nice to see people than the before mentioned baddies in all the forts.

- Ability to wear more than one lousy ring. I've got eight fingers and two thumbs, yet I can only wear one ring? Hell, I'll settle for being able to wear two.

- Smarter followers. I'm looking at you Miss I'm Going to Run in Front of All Your Spells and Step on All the Traps!

Umm... that's all I can think of right now.

magma

Jul 21, 2010
The ability to mute follower NPCs (the best followers won't SHUT UP) and shopkeeps (pretty much all your stuff is junk and if it isn't I sold you it).

But most of all the followers that turn on you easily not nuking the fuck out of you when given (usually fireball) staves.

triggrhappy94

Apr 24, 2010
blackguard89 said:
What Skyrim needs?
IS THAT NOT OBVIOUS?
It needs moar "arrow to the knee" . 'Nuff said.
The funny thing is, is that if you're like me and have specced into swords and sheildies to the point you can deflect arrows than you are way too familiar with arrow-in-knee syndrome. When you close in on an archer there's like a 50% chance they just aim low and go for the knees.

OT: I'd really like more quest per each quest line. Sure there's more quest lines now, and more side quests and the whole radiant quest system.
...But it really seems like most of the quest lines just rely on the random little quest generator known as the Radiant system is used WAY too much to pad out the line. Every other quest is just "go to location X and kill Y or pick up item Z".
I know Oblivion didn't have nearly as much stuff to do in it, but at least each quest was different (except for the Fighter Guild) and that gave the feeling that each quest had some kind of meaning and value. Not to mention each questline/guild seemed to be a lot longer.
For example,
I'd say that there were AT LEAST 10 different assassinations in the Oblivion Dark Brotherhood line.
In Skyrim, there's only about 5 different assassinations (not counting killing random beggars) to the line and then you're left with more Radiant quest.
The same applies to all the other lines, including the main quest line. I've spent more time doing the random side quests that I did on the Compions and the DBH combined.

triggrhappy94

Apr 24, 2010
Oh I almost forgot.
BRING BACK MY ARGONIAN'S ACCENT!
I was disapointed to see how white washed the few argonians here are. I want to hear the sweet hissing of my argonian and his hatch-brothers.
Oh and did I mention...

omicron1

Mar 26, 2008
Three things:
1. Hardcore mode. Give us explorer/naturalist types that whole additional metagame to work with. And while you're at it, give us a working economy (Borrow Egosoft's work if you have to!) and more impact for odd jobs.

2. Antiquests. Let me join the silver hand, eradicate the thieves' guild with that lion lady, and join the Thalmor in rooting out support for Talos.

3. Wilderness. Fill in some of the rest of the map, but don't go overboard on new content. Morrowind is a perfect opportunity for this - few signs of civilization left; just overgrown wastelands and volcanic ruins. Give our explorers' hearts something to do!

JET1971

Apr 7, 2011
Oddly enough most everything people are saying they want is being worked on for a mod, just need the construction set to actualy make it into the game for some.

Myself I would like ore variety on the dungeon types. right now we have dwemer ruin, caves, and ancient nord ruins. depending on the location gets you a snow/ice varient. caves has the most variety of variations because they have the greenhouse variation, and it could lead to either dwemer or ancient nord ruins. I dont consider the ratway to be a dungeon environment because once you clear the crazies and get nezbern and start the thieves guild its just an empty "Oh I took the wrong tunnel" time waster. oh I forgot forts... yeah seen one you seen em all.

a hardcore mode where eating, drinking, and sleeping is needed. makes potions allot weaker for combat or healing during combat.

more variety of weapons, magic, armor, enchantments, and potions. Vannilla Oblivion had way more variety! I know this is being fixed with mods but shit there should be twice as much in Skyrim compared to oblion.

Questlines for the guilds nd main. they are all weak and not enough steps. hell the mages is the worst as it takes almost no time to complete and at no time during the questline is it required you get better at magic. Only reason i did it was to get access to a dungeon. speaking of that dont lock quest locations inside a main questline dungeon! if i have a seperate quest to repair an amulet i should not have to join the colledge to complete it. same for the other guilds, such as why must i join the thieves guild to complete the shout list? i was happy they allowed me to not do the DB questline but get the hidden shit but the same rule should apply for the others.

nokori3byo

Feb 24, 2008
I haven't read ALL the posts in this thread, so if I'm duplicating some aspect of someone else's point, please just take this as a +1.

Anyway, my only real problem with the game so far has been the lack of continuity between the main quest and the world around it. I mean, given that it supposedly forestalls the devouring of the world and that people seem to be aware of what happened, you'd think it would come up in conversation just a bit more often.

Fasckira

Dice Tart
Oct 22, 2009
- The ability to wear more rings, even just one or two more.
- Some sort of "do not fuck with me" aura so that low level mobs just stay away (wolves for example).
- Some sort of time scale feature on the map. I'd like to know how long it will take me to fast travel to a location before I make the journey.

magma

Jul 21, 2010
Fasckira said:
- Some sort of "do not fuck with me" aura so that low level mobs just stay away (wolves for example).
Lowest level mobs like wolves wouldn't know any better with auras is the only thing. But it would be nice if the enemy recognized when you have one-shot most of the fort (doing the the Civil War when very high-leveled feels rightfully godly but would feel more-so if the enemy intelligently ran from their death).