launchpadmcqwak

Dec 6, 2011
that Troy Sanders is a god...and the Mastodon albums are really holy gospels

EDIT: that doesnt count as they are clearly the great rulers of the universe

crotchdot

Jun 11, 2010
Sandjube said:
Rylot said:
I've recently come to the belief that the show 'Community' was made as a joke to troll people. Joking aside it wouldn't surprise me if everyone was a little bit psychic. Not the talking to dead people shlock but thinking about someone right before they call you, stuff like that.
You know, I would agree with that latter point. There have been ridiculously numerous times lately that I have been thinking something and my mother or brother will say it as I open my mouth, or vice versa. it's crazy.
We only remember the times we think something and somone else says it, or the times when we think of someone and they call.
We don't remember the 567,765 times that we think of something inbetween and no-one says it and no-one calls, because it's not really worth rembering. There's nothing supernatual about any of it.

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
I don't believe in anything that isn't proven. I don't deny it either, though. But most supernatural things are probably explained with psychology anyway.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Reincarnation. Not in a religious sort of way though. If I can be conscious of the body I'm currently possessing (or controlling) than who's to say I wasn't in a similar position with another body in the past and/or won't be in the future? I believe the reason you can't remember past lives is actually pretty simple to explain too: Hardware. I very well could have lived as Edgar Alan Poe in a past life and, Lon Chaney sr. after him but I have no way of knowing because I don't possess either of their brains where such things as memories and experiences are stored. If I am a soul that travels to different bodies after the host dies then it would make sense that I wouldn't keep the memories with me, just as I haven't taken any of Poe's or, Chaney's other features (or any I'm aware of anyway). It could be that once a body dies, its soul returns to a sort of ethereal cloud before being reabsorbed into another host body which could occur at any point from conception to, early childhood/infancy.

One more: I believe that every fictional universe created by Man is an actual one we are merely unable to get to. We are a pocket-dimension that exists alongside others such as that Marvel and, DC universes to name two (of the millions) but they can't directly interact with ours in any way more significant than how they already do (ie: inspiring the artists, storytellers, etc of tomorrow.)

burningdragoon said:
I believe in monsters... though it's less a "can't prove" thing and more a looser definition of "monster"
I believe that the difference between monster and, animal is discovery. I mean take this as an example:

If that were to have been described to a person 50 years ago, it could have easily been turned into a monster movie. Although upon reflection, you may mean something slightly different then what I bring up...either way, isn't the Vampire Octopus awesome!

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
The soul, whatever it may be and what should ever happen to it in the end.

Alternative

Jun 2, 2010
i believe that i have karma, but no one else does. it makes sense when i look at my life everytime i do something bad, bad things happen to me.

also i think i might be prophetic the amount of times ill dream about something in my life before it happens is crazy. especially cause most of what i dream predict is crazily unexpected

Duskflamer

Nov 8, 2009
Veldie said:
I belive I have a real trait that I named the Game Breaker Trait

For some odd reason I always break games beyond fucking reason. its even affecting real things. Stuff breaks for no explination.

My friends even belive it they have seen it first hand

Every now and then something awesome comes from it.
Are you my friend from college? Every time I'd show him a computer game it would bug out in some form at some point.

OT: I have a weakness for fortune telling, I know there's no logical basis for it but somehow I find it fascinating and can't help but think there's something to it.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
asdfgtrew said:
TheBobmus said:
Tyrant55 said:
Not a big conspiracy theorist myself, but I do think that the moon may have a greater effect on people's behavior than we realize. We are made of mostly water after all.
Dafuq? Is this some sort of tidal logic?
I know you can't prove it, but please explain at least a basis for such a thought...

I believe there is no separate part of me such as a 'soul'. I can't prove it doesn't exist, but then again, I see no reason to believe something with such a complete lack of proof.
I know you weren't talking to me, but if I remember right apparently a full moon effects crime, so there is some logic behind it.
Actually I saw a documentary on the subject a few years ago. They talked to doctors who said there were more women giving birth, they talked to cops who said it was a lot crazier outside and they talked to a statistician who said there were at best slight variations within the normal.

People will tell you that they see things being different around full moon because they believe things are different. They see one thing to strengthen their belief thus their belief is confirmed.

Captain Pirate

Nov 18, 2009
Some form of God.
Now, before you all have a rant at me, I said 'some form of'. Not "The Christian God" or any other one, but some kind of creator.
I just find it immensely hard to believe that we, humans, who have advanced beyond our primal instincts so much that we barely resemble our fellow animals, happened by accident.
The world is too awesome for me to just think it was all random.

Nexxis

Jan 16, 2012
I believe that many forms of life exist on other planets, even on ones that we believe are too hostile for life. Science as we know it was developed on earth and even though there has been some studies on other planetary bodies in the solar system, I still think that science is very much earthbound. So scientists may look at a planet and think that life can't exist on it because they're going by rules that apply to earth or things that they've been able to study, which isn't much when you think about how big the universe is. Even on earth, science has found living things in areas where it was once believed life couldn't exist, like in extreme heat or cold. I don't think it's out of the question to think that there is a life form out there that can survive in the extremes of Jupiter, the sun, or maybe even a black hole. I just can't prove it, lol.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Terminate421 said:
God exists. I know he's there but I cannot prove it. Doesnt mean I am wrong at all.
Actually if you say "God exists and that's a fact", you do have to have some kind of proof.

Also, which god? Zeus? Hera? Poseidon? Or one of the less popular ones?

infernovolver

Jun 11, 2008
Rainbow Dash is a lesbian.

Coca-Cola and Faygo Cola are better than Pepsi.

There's a word out there that rhymes with "orange".

Duskflamer

Nov 8, 2009
PrismaticDragonGirl said:
That we all see different colours but call them by a universal name.
I can sort of understand this one if you concede that the different colors we all see at least interact with each other in a consistent manner. Otherwise the entirety of color theory (things like Orange being the compliment of Blue) wouldn't work, as everyone would see different colors as having various properties with each other with no consistency. That color theory exists and is consistently accepted at least shows that the different colors we see interact on a consistent basis.

Crazy Zaul

Oct 5, 2010
I don't believe common sense actually exists. Technically you could prove it doesn't exist if you kidnapped a bunch of babies and raised them under experimental conditions but ethical fusspots might have problems with that.

Duskflamer

Nov 8, 2009
infernovolver said:
There's a word out there that rhymes with "orange".
try giving this a read [http://oxforddictionaries.com/words/are-there-any-words-that-rhyme-with-orange]

ShindoL Shill

Truely we are the Our Avatars XI
Jul 11, 2011
TehCookie said:
I'm invisible when no one looks at me (cameras included).
You just blew my mindhole.

OT: For a short while, I believed the possibility that only I exist and everyone ever past, present, future, real and fictional as well as every single place and event is actually my imagination creating a fake world to cope with the fact that I am alone in a cold, dark empty universe without a single other human being.
[small][sub][sub][sub]And that, kids, is the story of how I met your mother.[/sub][/sub][/sub][/small]

May 28, 2009
I believe the term is "eternal recurrence", a theory on life after death in which you essentially play out your life infinitely. Some would dislike this for its naturally deterministic outlook, but I still prefer to believe that what you make of yourself is still up to you. What this means mostly is that the best goal for dying is dying content, for if you accomplish this you will die content forever more.

BiscuitTrouser

Elite Member
May 19, 2008
Matthew94 said:
Most of science.

For example, I can't prove on my own that quarks exist but I believe the scientific reports that have proved their existence.
I wouldnt call it believing persay. Ive read the theory of quarks. Ive read the physical implications of the theory. Ive done chemistry and physics. Ive seen that the physical implications of the theory are identical to real life physical properties. Sure i have to take a tiny bit of a leap but the theory explains everything nicely.

Its often the arguement of religious fundies that we have theories and then find evidence to support then. The contrary is true. We find evidence and draw theories. Im not attatched to any theory at all. I dont "defend" it. I dont need to. Its a model of the universe in which we live that i can apply and its pretty much dead on accurate. So im going to use the model. It might not be 100% correct but it does a good job. Its like when i model the rubber ball as a particle in physics. Its "wrong" for sure but i can calculate real life values to like 4 decimal places. So who really cares?

Sure if you come along and offer me another model to use that fits even MORE accurately ill drop the old one like its hot and take this new one.

As long as it fits accurately in our perception of reality i see no reason not to accept a theory, surely by matching it to real life thats all the proof you need.

Whateveralot

Oct 25, 2010
My existence.

I THINK that I'm here, but is that really the case?

Life gets wierd, when you think about it..