things you can't stand to hear

Mr0llivand3r

Aug 10, 2008
we all hear things every day that makes out teeth grind.

what are some of the things that people say that you find incredibly annoying and why?

i personally can't stand it when people say "Freedom isn't free".
... uh... of COURSE freedom isn't free.
just because the word "Freedom" contains the word "free" doesn't mean the latter is implied. The word "laughter" is in the word "slaughter", does that mean it's funny when innocent people are massacred? no, it doesn't (unless those people are in Saints Row 2)
and do you think people who have the ability to enslave would simply let their slaves go for nothing? of course not

Glerken

Dec 18, 2008
Don't say my faith is wrong, it's my opinion.
Well it's my opinion that I can say No shut up! While you are preaching at me. I'm a proud Pastafarian and you can't convert me!

Flap Jack452

Jan 5, 2009
I hate when people say "All things considered..." I have no idea why but it justs annoys me up the wazu.

sms_117b

Keeper of Brannigan's Law
Oct 4, 2007
I hate "just tell her how you feel" not said to me, but during films it really grinds my gears

[Gavo]

Jun 29, 2008
I really hate when people say "Once my friend..."

You know they are either glorifying themselves or making complete bullshit up.

captainwillies

Feb 17, 2008
i hate it when people comment on youtube vids like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BR4joCFu4EI

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-V0_Xj9dZWI

and all they comment is "fake". yes maybe it is maybe it isn't but i hate when people yell "fake" over and over just because they want to look smart. Instead why don't you form an opinion based on the evidence given.

Noamuth

May 16, 2008
In regards to my little careeritis/not-knowing-what-to-do-with-my-life situation: "Just follow your passions/do what you love!"

I tried. It failed. I see where they're coming from, but damn, I've heard it too many times and I'm sick of it.

JamminOz07

Nov 19, 2008
"We're out of coffee."

That is seriously something I don't want to hear first thing in the morning.

gmer412

Feb 21, 2008
"A whole nother"

Take a look at that phrase. YOU probably use that in everyday conversation, Michael. As a culture, can we ban this phrase?

(So worth it to freak out all the people named Michael out there)

Epifols

Aug 30, 2008
When people misuse the word irony!

I know thats not exactly what the OP was asking for, but this is on my mind. Especially when acclaimed authors use it incorrectly. And not just once or twice, but continuously. And hell, not just incorrectly, they actually use it the exact OPPOSITE of irony. How fking stupid do you have to be to do that? And yet the reviews say "...magical writing...", yeah as magical as my shit.

MisterAnarchist

Feb 10, 2009
[Gavo said:
]I really hate when people say "Once my friend..."

You know they are either glorifying themselves or making complete bullshit up.
But what if my friend actually did do something amazing? Like this one time my friend pushed over a chimney on an abandoned house and it came crashing down on the porch.

(True story too, I just needed to think of something a friend did that was awesome to annoy Gavo)

Noamuth

May 16, 2008
JamminOz07 said:
"We're out of coffee."

That is seriously something I don't want to hear first thing in the morning.
Replace coffee with tea, for me.

And it actually happened a few days ago. Our magically reproducing, self sustaining breeding jar of tea finally ran out.

Thankfully, there was a backup.

Kelethor

Jun 24, 2008
" we need to talk" its amazing how 4 little words can cause the male brain to enter the FUBAR state.

Rahnzan

Oct 13, 2008
"You cant be judgemental!" ...What? The FUCK I can't! Watch this.

Ok you're emo.

"You cant say that!" I just did "That's labeling, I dont associate with a label" That's all fine and good but did the can put the green beans sticker on itself? No. Someone else did.

If you're going to dress like a sub-culture what the general populace references as 'emo,' if you're going to get a haircut that belongs in a sub-culture what the general populace references as 'emo,' and if you're going to listen almost exclusively to the kind of music that belongs wholefully to a sub-culture that the general populace references again as 'emo,' then you're pretty damned emo. Yes it labels you, yes it sums up your whole personality into a word, yes its a sting at you and basically tells everyone around who hears the word uttered that you have no 'creativity' or 'originality' or whatever the hell it is you kids want these days, and yes, it IS an accurate description of who you are.

Same with goths, preps, nerds, etc. Emo isn't a stereotype, it's a sub-culture you TWITS. If you belong to it, then you GOD DAMN BELONG TO IT.