Things you never got over?

robert022614

meeeoooow
Dec 1, 2009
Belated said:
Belated back again with another thread that gets uncomfortably personal with you and your honest feelings. Why? I dunno. Curiosity I guess. Anyway, onto the subject.

We've all had pasts. And if you're an average person, yours was probably full of ups and downs. Good things happened to you that you probably get nostalgic over, but bad things also happened to you. Things you feel you really should've "gotten over" by now, but never did. Don't worry, you're not alone. Events are easier to remember when they left an impression, good or bad.

So, what are some bad things that happened to you that still make you feel sad or angry to think about? I'm not talking like, big, epic, life-changing events or massive tragic stories. I'm talking about the little things. Maybe somebody erased your Pokemon save. Maybe a teacher punished you for something another kid did. Maybe your dad ate your french fries. Y'know, something petty but irritating.
How can you introduce this topic without sharing something about yourself first? You obviously don't know how to win someones trust *tsk tsk* (all written jokingly BTW)

A Satanic Panda

Nov 5, 2009
gritch said:
A Satanic Panda said:
Wow... who was your teacher? Stalin? I remember the green yellow red card system. The only time I ever got yellow is when we were cutting out birds from a paper, and I accidently cut off one of its feathers. I got so scared that I would get in trouble for messing it up I didn't hand it in. And tried to keep it away form the teacher when she wanted to see it.
It was during lunch and I've always had the nasty lunch ladies. These were the same people that would routinely make the whole class stand outside in a line at recess instead of playing because we were loud during lunch.
Oh man, this brings back memories. One table talks too loudly, the whole class is punished. Did they do the thing where the lunch ladies turn off the lights to make the whole cafeteria be quiet?

Random Argument Man

May 21, 2008
Umm.. let's see...

-Bullied kids when I was younger and got bullied by them when I was older. I was in a bad group of friends when I was a kid. I moved on and sweared to stop bullying. However, the other kids didn't. It's the justice of karma. I wanted to apologize to them, but they never listened.
-Locking the door so that my last girlfriend's over-religious brother would've not caught us in the act. He told that to his over-religious mom and over-protective dad. It pretty much ended the only serious relationship that I had and shattered my confidence for a long long long while.
-Lost my cousin last week and still feeling terrible.

On a lighter note*

-Forgot to ask a girl her number two nights ago..

Zeckt

Nov 10, 2010
The only family I pretty much got left is my sister, everyone else pretty much died on my dads side and my mom's side ignored me from a very young age so me and she is literally it, and she moves to another country across the ocean. I never got over it. My parents were basket cases and died while I was pretty young and were pretty abusive. I know its selfish being angry and upset at my sister for moving, but I never told her that and fully understand her doing what she wants but damn, I loved her and now I only see her every 3 years.

I had to live on my own since 16 and have lived on the street half a dozen times simply because I had no money. College? not a chance for a ghost like me.

Deathmageddon

Nov 1, 2011
How bad Mass Effect 2 and Dragon Age 2 were, the results of the 2008 US presidential election, the fact that infanticide (in the form of abortion) hasn't been outlawed, the fact that people who have never read the Bible and do not know anything about Christianity have the balls to call us ignorant (pot calling the kettle black) and the fact that a lot of good metal bands (and the aforementioned, ignorant atheists) don't realize that religious intolerance is wrong.

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
Had to be a week after Christmas a few years ago. I was talking to my friend, complaining I didn't a get a certain game. I got so much good stuff that year -- other games, maybe a portable game system, clothes, even my dog, and I was complaining I didn't get one thing.

My mom overheard it all. I felt like absolute shit, like I was some spoiled brat.

Aesir23

Jul 2, 2009
I would have to say when I was bullied for two years in middle school. I had a couple of friends but they were in other classes. As a result I was essentially isolated from the rest of my class who bullied me daily, escalating to physical violence now and then. I'm still feeling the psychological effects even now (Depression, Social Phobia, Panic Disorder, etc), 10 years later. It's not as bad as it used to be thanks to the other students at the Alternative School I went to years later, but still present.

Westaway

Nov 9, 2009
ChupathingyX said:
The closing of Pandemic Studios by EA.

I don't think I'll ever be able to fully comprehend that.
This, mother fucking this. I still get mad about that everyonce in a while... They made kick ass games.

Westaway

Nov 9, 2009
Deathmageddon said:
How bad Mass Effect 2 and Dragon Age 2 were, the results of the 2008 US presidential election, the fact that infanticide (in the form of abortion) hasn't been outlawed, the fact that people who have never read the Bible and do not know anything about Christianity have the balls to call us ignorant (pot calling the kettle black) and the fact that a lot of good metal bands (and the aforementioned, ignorant atheists) don't realize that religious intolerance is wrong.
I'll admit, this post gave me a headache... So many opinions I strongly disagree with. Like everyone. I don't know why I'm bothering saying this, but I disagree with you so much that I ALMOST don't respect you.

Jaeke

Feb 25, 2010
holy shit, reading all of these comments and then looking back on my life.... you guys are the most extensive group of people on the internet...harsh people... i feel for ya.

Jaeke

Feb 25, 2010
Deathmageddon said:
We need to hang out sometime.

Malty Milk Whistle

Oct 29, 2011
theemporer said:
One time, when I was 7, a seagull stole my chicken nuggets out of my hands. I hate those birds. Also, some kid stole my Yu-Gi-Oh cards. I hate that kid.
Some utter bastard stole my shiny dragonite. I still hate him,

Amberella

Super Sailor Moon
Jan 23, 2010
My mothers murder when I was a child. It still gets to me today. I don't think I'll ever be able to move past it.

Kud

I'm stuck because demonic spider
Sep 29, 2009
My first girlfriend cheated on me for months during our relationship.

I was so innocent and naive. I knew she had a history with the guy, but I just didn't think it would happen.

Although, the problem was that I still liked her after that... I tried to make it work, but in the end I just got more hurt.

I have always been afraid ever since then that I would never see relationships the same again. I overthink things now, everyone is guilty until proven innocent. I have to work really hard to resist the urge to spy on my friends.

I just wish that I could go back to what I was before. :(

Reggie Rock

Jan 12, 2012
I had a pug-dog since i was born. His name was Jaspa and i loved him so much. One day Jaspa came inside with a large lump where his eye should be. I told my father but he assured me he was just an old dog and this was normal. I begged and pleaded for us to take him to the vet but he refused. After a while i asked my grandfather to take me and my Jaspa to the vet on the condition that i would pay him all my allowances until the vet's bill was paid off.

Jaspa died of cancer the day i woke up to take him to the vet. The huge lump was a tumor. I always felt that it was my fault, because i knew something was wrong but didn't help him. I'll never forgive myself for letting him die.