Things you regret saying on forums

Tom_green_day

Jan 5, 2013
Actually, I regret a lot of things I've said/written in exams. Maybe if I had said/written something else I wouldn't have failed as much.
OlasDAlmighty said:
A little while ago
That's because a lot of the time on the internet people only write an opinion if it's negative. I agree with you, JS.

secretkeeper12

Jun 14, 2012
BandicootPower said:
My first post here was about having extreme difficulty using a mouse and keyboard. So I asked the question: why do "PC Elitists" preach that a mouse and keyboard is the best controller, of all time, ever.
Turns out my extreme difficulty using a mouse and keyboard was because I was drunk. Also I was playing a game that was designed for console controllers (GTA). Kind of regret making a thread about it and wasting people's time.
I don't post much (on this forum or others) so I leave little scope for regret. I probably should post more on this one now that I think about it. I really like this site and I think I've lurked long enough.
I have a very similar story. My first posts had to do with an article on the future mobile gaming. I came in to rant about how terrible the working conditions the people face in the factories that make them are. It was my belief that people routinely committed suicide, and that only Apple was exploiting them. Now I've come to realize much of what I believed was propaganda, that these jobs are a great help for the people, and that all sorts of companies employ them. I feel like such a white-knight :(

MeChaNiZ3D

Aug 30, 2011
Well, some times I actually have a viewpoint that I've thought out to put across, and sometimes I haven't thought about it and have to improvise my opinion. But I don't regret anything I've written, because even when I get my ass handed to me, it's making a weak opinion stronger. But then, it's easy for me to say because I don't have any warnings.

PissOffRoth

Jun 29, 2010
bleys2487 said:
I'm a rape survivor. I always seem to regret ever bringing it up ://
That must have been a terrible experience for you and I am sorry for the struggles you are having. I admire your courage for speaking up about it. I know it must be hard to talk about in our world of slut-shaming and victim-blaming.

It was not your fault. No matter what happened, what you did, what you said or didn't say; it wasn't your fault.

Generic4me

Oct 10, 2012
Everything.

I wish I never discovered the internet. Seriously, I'd be in better shape, have more friends, have a better job, be more productive.

Shocksplicer

Apr 10, 2011
I have only received 2 warnings.

1: Back when Moviebob reviewed Amazing Spiderman, I pointed out what a ridiculously terrible review it was, and that Bob might as well have not watched the damn movie for all the relevance his points had to the movie, since his opinion was based entirely on the fact that Bob was upset that they were rebooting the franchise. I may have been a touch too vitriolic, but no I don't regret it. It had to be said.

2: When the Sandy Hook shootings happened I made a post about how retarded American gun laws are, and that Gun advocates are idiots, complete with all caps. And you know what? I don't regret that one either.

So no. I regret nothing I've said on forums.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
I haven't said anything here that I regret. Yet anyways.

I tend to read over what I've typed first and if I get the small inkling that I'm going to regret it then I delete it. No sense in posting something that I know I'm going to catch hell for, and most of the time I don't feel like dealing with the backlash.

I'm far to lazy for that. :D

Goofguy

Nov 25, 2010
Nothing on these forums. Most of my posts have been pretty neutral, middle of the road ones. There have been times where I wanted to go off on someone but after a few minutes of simmering down, I realized it would have accomplished nothing.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
only the stuff that got me in trouble, and then alot of it was kind of dumb on my part (not all though)

Colour Scientist

Troll the Respawn, Jeremy!
Jul 15, 2009
I got my one and only warning for calling someone a **** about a year ago.

Not sure if I regret it, she was being pretty nasty but it's the only time I've properly lost my temper at someone on the forums.

Ryan Minns

Mar 29, 2011
I don't regret much. Though EVERY time I hit the post button I immediately wonder how long it'll take for an idiot to magically rewrite my words and try to create an issue literally out of thin air.

awesomeClaw

Aug 17, 2009
bleys2487 said:
I'm a rape survivor. I always seem to regret ever bringing it up ://
Weren´t you supposed to leave the forum?

Anyways, things I regret saying? Well I´ve said a lot of dumb shit. Most of it I just laugh at nowadays, but there are a few things I said a long time ago which I´m ashamed of, and that I don´t like to bring up.

Xarathox

Feb 12, 2013
I regret nothing!

In all seriousness, I have a habit of thinking my responses through, mostly so I can articulate my opinions or responses adequately. My opinions are just that, mine. If others share them with me, great. If not, great. I don't really give a damn.

ThisGuyLikesNoTacos

Dec 7, 2012
Pretty much every single post. It's somewhat hard for me to write my feelings on paper and I feel like most of my posts end up extremely messy and short because of it.

I also once got a bit hot-headed here... too embarrassed to continue talking about it...