THIS GAME IS PISSING ME OFF SO MUCH! NOW LET'S PLAY IT SOME MORE!

Deadpewl

Jul 23, 2009
Oh no wait I remember the real reason why I stopped playing MW2 now. Its because every time I get a good game started (6-0 k/d with a predator missile about to kill the guy planting the bomb) I get kicked from the server. It wouldn't be as rage inducing if it didn't happen damn near every time I get a good team (actually plays the fucking objective) or start having a "good" game. And I cant play COD4 anymore because of hackers ("really!? the whole fucking team is aimbotting!?").
I'm stickimg with TF2 for a while. At least I know that the medic that just needled me to death actually has some skill.

Lordmarkus

Jun 6, 2009
System Shock 2. The gameplay is extremely frustrating, I'm 6 hours in and my fucking wrench is still the best weapon (by miles even) and I constantly feel that I'm playing a dated BioShock clone but not dumb downed.

Though it got some qualities and I want to meet Shodan eventually, even if I know exactly how the reveal will be done. Thank you IGN Top 100 villains...[footnote]Assholes...[/footnote]

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
ProfessorLayton said:
There's a little game called Counter-Strike: Source. Sometimes you have good days, but most time you'll have bad days. Those bad days are when I want to rage quit but just can't.
Dear f*cking God, this.

I've had games where I've killed a team of 5 people with only the deagle, and the next day I'm being dominated by the same guy and I've got no kills and 20 deaths.

Da snakeman said:
I just finished Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory, and let me tell you, that was as mad as I have gotten at a game for a long time.

I died so much... particularly during one of the last missions, going after Shetland, when the game decided that it would be an incomprehensibly brilliant idea to give enemies FRICKING NIGHT VISION in a game whose primary mechanic is never being seen.

Two ragequits, on two separate occasions, ensued.
Haha, I was stuck in the bomb defusal section for months. I left it for ages, then came back and had to pull off some incredibly shooter-ish moves in a total non-shooter game. I'd managed to quicksave 2 seconds before I was getting seen, and my save before that was miles back.

run_forrest_run

Dec 28, 2009
I had this problem with Modern Warfare 2. I just couldn't stop playing it online and the thing was I wasn't even enjoying it. Then Xbox Live expired and I just didn't go back. I didn't miss it and I didn't go back.

AngelofDarrkness

Jun 18, 2010
Prototype There is a Reason Shut up there is any way i am on the last boos on Hard and i cant kill him every time i fight him and die multiple of times i am like Stuff this the next day i keep playing IT and still haven't succeed ARG

Buleet

Feb 21, 2010
team fortress 2.dear GOD team fortess 2.i get instakilled by pretty much everything.my bullets might as well be pillows.and the lag raped my eyes.yet i keep coming back.in fact im going to play it right now.

Latinidiot

Feb 19, 2009
HT_Black said:
Y'ever hear of this little title called God of War? That game was feckin' nuts (read: Nintendo hard).
what difficulty did you play it?

I tried my hand at unlocked-when-finished-the-game difficulty, but I gave up after half an hour trying to beat the first encounter.

sketch_zeppelin

Jan 22, 2010
The newest red faction game. by the time i was halfway through i hated the gameplay, the story, the enviroment, and the wonky destruction physics. But i had come this far so i forced my self to see it through...never again.

Xeros

Aug 13, 2008
Yeah, I've done that to almost every game I've ever played. I'm just so damn stubborn I can't walk away, that shit will not beat me.

Shiny Rabbit

May 8, 2010
most recent one would be Saints Row I was on the last Carnales mission and just getting constantly hit by the guys with the RPGs was just frustrating, after finally taking the guy's plane down the Xbox completely froze. the strange thing was when I restarted and tried again, I did it perfectly first time.

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
Doom 2. It punches you in the face constantly, and you beg it for more.

"Oh what's that? You wanted that button to unveil the red key? MUHAHAHAAA! Here's some pain elementals, *****!"

Vianyte

Jan 10, 2009
Pokemon Battle Frontier

On Emerald, if you go up against a Blissey and you don't have a pokemon with decent physical moves, you are completely fucked. Blissey will spam Double Team, making it difficult to hit that fat *****, and will heal using Softboiled, so when you do manage to hit her, she heals. Meanwhile your pokemon are choking to death on poison. The fight will last for ages and you will never win.

On Platinum(I think), I create a team of some of the strongest pokemon that could be used yet carefully balance weaknesses and strengths. I breed them for the right natures and moves, EV train them, level them up, give them good moves.
And then I fucking lose to a Whiscash(or Dewgong) that manages to hit with Fissure/Sheer Cold/Horn Drill 3 times in a row. There's a 30% chance each one of those moves will hit and it fucking got me 3 times and destroyed my team.

And on SoulSilver, I was using Gardevoir in the Battle Hall. Not the best pokemon to use but she was doing pretty damn well. On the 99th battle, just before you fight the Frontier Brain for the second time, I ended up against a Honchkrow. I'm aware it can 1-hit-KO Gardevoir with a Night Slash but I wasn't worried as Gardevoir has Thunderbolt and good S.Att while Honchkrow has a pretty crappy defense. Plus Gardevoir, had Choice Scarf, meaning I was sure to 1-hit-KO Honchkrow before it could attack and I would get another easy win, in theory.
But no. Honchkrow had a fucking Quick Claw. Which is a luck item. It has a small chance to be randomly activated and it did. It killed Gardevoir. Fine if the Honchkrow used something that used skill like Sucker Punch or Focus Sash, but I lost due to pure luck. Fuck you pokemon, I'm not playing you again. At least not for a week or 2...

Brightzide

Nov 22, 2009
Guitar Hero for me, I like a challenge so I always play on Hard or Expert. But due to a medical issue, the joints in my hands are lousy, so it starts to hurt very quickly, and my dexterity is just naturally shoddy as shit...So I fail and fail and fail, but I just keep trying to 5 star Re-education through labor...maybe some day I shall succeed :)

Sliverwings

May 1, 2010
Aloran said:
sliverwings1123 said:
The Seymour Flux boss in FFX, no matter how prepared you are for him he still gives you a kick in the balls.
I felt that the yunalesca boss was far, far, far worse. 3 form *****...
I mean I had fought the guy like 40+ times and equiped everyone with Zombieproof but guess what? They still got zombie status. I gave them Auto-Potion but guess what? They didn't use them. I gave them Auto-Phoenix but guess what? Auron wouldn't do his Auto-Phoenix thing. When I finally beat him guess what happened, Disc Reading Error

Vanguard_Ex

Mar 19, 2008
Slaanax said:
I do this all the time with Modern Warfare. Lately my best game has been 10-7 I cannot kill anyone for some reason.
You need to reset yourself. If you're really starting to suck, do something else till you've calmed and try again. It's a neverending circle: the angrier you get, the shitter you get, and in turn you get angrier.

For me, it would have to be, I dunno...Final Fantasy games I suppose?

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
getting my butt kicked online in MW2 is one thing (haven't submitted myself to that for a while haha...sigh)

Da snakeman said:
I just finished Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory, and let me tell you, that was as mad as I have gotten at a game for a long time.

I died so much... particularly during one of the last missions, going after Shetland, when the game decided that it would be an incomprehensibly brilliant idea to give enemies FRICKING NIGHT VISION in a game whose primary mechanic is never being seen.

Two ragequits, on two separate occasions, ensued.
yeah I just got to the level in Conviction where the enemy Splinter Cells have sonar goggles just like you...ughhh (okay given that Conviction does allow you to fight in up-front combat in addition with stealth, but some of us still prefer the not-be-seen route lol)