This Game Needs a Remake/Re-Release

Revolution -X-

Aug 27, 2010
In this topic we post titles of old games that (in our opinion) need to be re-released. Classic favorites that just kinda died off in the last decade or so that we never see anymore. I'll start us off I guess with Grim Fandango. Please, Tim Schafer, have the game remade for XBox Live Arcade and Steam or something, I miss the film-noir adventure game that we never see anymore (The closest thing I could find to this was Hotel Dusk: Room 215 on the DS).

LookingGlass

Jul 6, 2011
The old X-Wing and Tie Fighter games. Getting them to run these days is almost too annoying to bother... until you remember how good they are.

achilleas.k

Apr 11, 2009
Matthew94 said:
MGS1 (a better one), System Shock 2, Deus Ex, Lylat Wars (one is coming), MAx Payne 1 and 2.

I think they are all great games that would benefit from newer technology.
I agree with most but I think the two Max Payne's are still very playable by today's standards. They don't look great but MP2 at least has aged pretty well.

Genixma

Sep 22, 2009
Midevil. Secret of Mana. Super Metroid, and Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

TheLastSamurai14

Last day of PubClub for me. :'-(
Mar 23, 2011
Final Fantasy IX, Final Fantasy V, Chrono Trigger, and Xenogears.

Yeah. I have a hard-on for pre-merger Square.

MightyMole

Mar 5, 2011
Matthew94 said:
MGS1 (a better one), System Shock 2, Deus Ex, Lylat Wars (one is coming), MAx Payne 1 and 2.

I think they are all great games that would benefit from newer technology.
I could very well be mistaken as I am not a huge MGS fan, but didn't MGS get a remake for the Gamecube in the form of Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes? If so does that mean you want a remake of a remake? :p

I'll have to agree with geezah on this one and say Final Fantasy 7 as well... There are quite a few games I can name off the top of my head that I would like HD re-releases of, but not too many remakes.

Johnnyallstar

Feb 22, 2009
LookingGlass said:
The old X-Wing and Tie Fighter games. Getting them to run these days is almost too annoying to bother... until you remember how good they are.
Yeah, that's basically what I'm thinking.

ramboondiea

Oct 11, 2010
well i think those two toika (think i have spelt that wrong) games; Vampire masquerade and Arcanum would make good remakes, as they are the only older rpg games that i have enjoyed.
also gungrave, i would play the hell out of that

Phorkias

Feb 18, 2010
Planescape Torment and Baldur's Gate 2

Although I don't know if I'll still have the same disposition to play them as back then.

Rooster893

Mwee bwee bwee.
Feb 4, 2009
WWE SmackDown! vs Raw 2006.

Sadly, that won't happen, because WWE lost most of the talent they had on that game.

PG

Apr 2, 2008
They need to remake the Superpower series but make it decent. GL made this really crappy Inlaws game that I think 5 people bought.

MetalGenocide

Dec 2, 2009
Diablo...oh wait, they are making that.
Deus Ex....uhhh same.
Doom 4....argghhhh
Max Payne.
Slave Zero.
Blood?

Kirkby

May 3, 2010
Unfortunatly i dont quite remember the name so i'll have to be vague, Star wars: Podracer or something similar. Was an interesting take on the racing genre u race pods (if u hadnt guessed) where u enter tournaments and upgrade ur pod. Had some really good gravity mind fuck race courses and was generally fun xD

Also
Matthew94 said:
Lylat Wars (one is coming)
Are you serious? Which platforms and when?

VladG

Aug 24, 2010
I've played both Deus Ex 1 and Grim Fandango recently, and I must say, there is NOTHING wrong with them even after a decade and more since they were released. They are still great gaming experiences, even with the outdated graphics(and that's pretty much the only thing that feels outdated about them). Even better is they run without problems on modern rigs (and a lot of old games don't)

What I'd love to see a remake of is Thief 1 and 2. Some current graphics and audio technology, and they would be hits again. I'd even settle for a patch to make them work on modern PCs.

A high resolution patch for Diablo 2, and I swear I'd be all over that game again (until D3 comes along, but since we're on BlizzTime, that might be a while). It's still the best game in it's class despite numerous newer attempts at the genre. Titan Quest, Deathspank, Torchlight, all games that tried to cash in on the absence of a Diablo 3, but none quite managed.

Max Payne 1 would be nice, I can't get it to run on any of the PCs in my house, and it's a veritable timeline here (starting with a Pentium MMX sporting a whopping 200mhz processor, going through the end days of single core, all the way up to my current gaming rig)

I would also like a remake of the Starcraft 1 campaign (I know there are maps for SC2 already with the first Terran and Zerg campaigns, and they are very well done, but I want the whole thing). I've tried playing it after finishing SC2's campaign, just for the story, but man was the gameplay horribly outdated after playing 2. Just the pathfinding made me want to eat my mouse, and that's not even the worst of it.

Madcat75

May 7, 2010
I know it is supposed to be in the process of being remade but Mechwarrior and Mechcommander.