This Game Needs a Remake/Re-Release

D-Pad

Jul 15, 2011
Psychonauts had some craaaaaaazy visuals. I'd love to see that in Next-gen.

Aircross

Jun 16, 2011
LookingGlass said:
The old X-Wing and Tie Fighter games. Getting them to run these days is almost too annoying to bother... until you remember how good they are.
LucasArts needs to upgrade the engine so that it will run natively on the current operating systems and put the games on Steam NOW!

Not-here-anymore

In brightest day...
Nov 18, 2009
Now that my xbox has screwed me over and refuses to play Battlefront 2, that please! Or that sequel that Pandemic were oft rumoured to be working on before they sort of stopped having money.

Revolution -X-

Aug 27, 2010
MightyMole said:
Matthew94 said:
MGS1 (a better one), System Shock 2, Deus Ex, Lylat Wars (one is coming), MAx Payne 1 and 2.

I think they are all great games that would benefit from newer technology.
I could very well be mistaken as I am not a huge MGS fan, but didn't MGS get a remake for the Gamecube in the form of Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes? If so does that mean you want a remake of a remake? :p

I'll have to agree with geezah on this one and say Final Fantasy 7 as well... There are quite a few games I can name off the top of my head that I would like HD re-releases of, but not too many remakes.
Final Fantasy VII would be nice, yes.
Also yes, MGS was remade. And I found it better than the Playstation version. I could actually SEE facial expressions!

Kjakings

Nov 18, 2009
Tribes 2.

No 'upgrades', no 'enhancements' like the crap Nintendo pulled with Mario 64 DS, just upgrade the graphics and FPS rate a bit and re-release it. Maybe add some extra maps and singleplayer stuff, but no messing with the content from the original.

XHolySmokesX

Sep 18, 2010
Spyro the Dragon.

I recon a remake of that game with extended levels and an extra world after gnasty gnork would be epic.

Ps: it would HAVE to be made by insomniac... or me =P

Arqus_Zed

Aug 12, 2009
TLS14 said:
Final Fantasy IX, Final Fantasy V, Chrono Trigger, and Xenogears.

Yeah. I have a hard-on for pre-merger Square.
Seconded, especially on FF IX.

Giving ol' Freya and Vivi an HD make-over would be pure bliss. These days, we simply don't have enough games with cities built in giant trees, castles that are upside down and flying zombie whales.

Also, if a Xenogears remake would ever happen, the game might finally get a European release.

However, I don't really agree with Chrono Trigger and FF V, since both of them already got a re-release on the DS not all that long ago.

Yossarian1507

Jan 20, 2010
Pathologic.

Never herd of it? Yeah, I thought so. It's an FPP adventure game with shooter elements with a great story (or rather 3 stories, as you have three playable characters, each own with their one goals, allies, enemies etc.). Also it's a very tense fight for survival in a plague ridden town, and it's open world (well, town) so much, to the point that you can MISS vital plot points, if you won't be on time to witness them.

Sounds awesome? Yeah, too bad the graphics are shit, the music is shit, the animations are horrible, and shooting is even worse. And since the game is from 2005 (so after games like Far Cry or HL2), there's absolutely no excuse for it. I want a proper HD remix with gameplay elements done by a competent studio but with the plot and game structure UNCHANGED.

The man can dream, eh?

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
Arcanum, that game is ripe for a modern remake. I think it would work well with the Skyrim engine or by Bioware.

The world is really detailed and deep and I think it's about time we had a AAA steampunk game.
It would be awesome and I think it would do really well considering it's fan base.

'No mutants allowed' would probably implode if Bethesda got the license though rofl.

Toejam and Earl is also one that is discussed my me and my friend often. Last I heard it got turned down for a DS remake though. :(

Goldeneye103X2

Jun 29, 2008
I think Every TimeSplitters game needs an HD Remake. The first one could easily be released on XBLA. The 3rd one is easily the one that deserves most attention. Also, Silent Hill: SHattered Memories. It still puzzles me why they didn?t release it on Xbox 360 and PS3.

elcamino41383

Mar 24, 2009
TLS14 said:

I'm down with that idea. Also Rock and Roll Racing, and Kid Chameleon. Only make Kid Chameleon less stupidly hard.

PompeyDJ

Feb 23, 2011
crash bandicoot 3: warped. seriously, that is a godly game. they can throw in the first 2 as well and bundle it together as one game. but only if it's done by naughty dog. the new crash games are just plain awful. crash of the titans? mind over mutant? seriously?

Davichu

Sep 28, 2010
FC Groningen said:
Prince of Persia (the first game)
what for the umpteenth time!

i think games like the original red faction, MGS and the original F.E.A.R should get a remake, hell if halo can get one most games should

loodmoney

Apr 25, 2011
Keep in mind the difference between a remake and a re-release. The former makes significant (i.e. non-cosmetic) changes, and is good for taking a concept/story/theme from an old game and using it in a different way. The latter takes an old game and makes it playable on a new platform, which is useful for making "out of print" games available for new audiences.

So to take some of the games mentioned already, that I'd like to see: Re-releases:Metal Gear Solid needs a re-release, as it is hard to get hold of PS1 games. Deus Ex is pretty much fine, as you can still buy that. Grim Fandango, on the other hand, is nearly impossible to get hold of.

Re-makes: classic FPSs that were made before twin analogue sticks/ mouse & WASD became the norm. Doom, Goldeneye, &c. Resident Evil and Dino Crisis could do with a remake, by taking the controls and camera from Resident Evil 4, but keeping the survival horror rather than action horror feel.

TheLastSamurai14

Last day of PubClub for me. :'-(
Mar 23, 2011
Arqus_Zed said:
TLS14 said:

Seconded, especially on FF IX.

Giving ol' Freya and Vivi an HD make-over would be pure bliss. These days, we simply don't have enough games with cities built in giant trees, castles that are upside down and flying zombie whales.

Also, if a Xenogears remake would ever happen, the game might finally get a European release.

However, I don't really agree with Chrono Trigger and FF V, since both of them already got a re-release on the DS not all that long ago.
FFV didn't. Only III and IV. I'm hoping the re-release all of the classics in 3D, tbh.

BOLD: Wait...you guys overseas don't have Xenogears!? What kind of a world do you live in!? I suppose you could just import, but does that work with the PS1? I always thought it was region locked.

EDIT: Though, to be fair, Europe got Vagrant Story on the PSN before North America, and I was pretty pissed about that. I finally got that game and I wasn't able to put it down for about a month. It's amazing.

CorinthianRed

May 22, 2011
NO! IF YOU PEOPLE ALL START TALKING ABOUT HOW YOU WOULD JUST BUY REMAKES THEN THAT IS ALL THE TRIPLE A INDUSTRY WILL GIVE YOU!
Just effing play those games on your old consoles! >.<

Raggedstar

Jul 5, 2011
Jak 1-3 could really benefit from an HD remake. The environments were very pretty even on the PS2, and it's a perfect excuse to get another platformer to the PS3. My salivary glands will be waiting, Naughty Dog. Maybe toss in Jak X if you want *shrugs*. I would prefer a sequel, but consider an HD remake a test to see how many fans will be willing to sell their souls for it (and I'm sure there will be a lot). Sly for sure was a conversation starter.

I agree that Conker could use a GOOD port too, though it could be the greed in me talking as it would be a glimmer of hope it could maybe be on Steam or something (though unlikely).

Ratchet and Clank won't benefit TOO much from a remake, but maybe some small package for download to bring the multiplayer from UYA to play over PSN (even though UYA had a single player that could stand on it's own). I would rather have that than All 4 One's co-op.

Second Grim Fandango too. MAYBE FFVII to punish Square for teasing that idea (well, ok also because the graphics have aged REALLY badly on the original that while over-rated is still pretty good).

Jul 9, 2008
CorinthianRed said:
NO! IF YOU PEOPLE ALL START TALKING ABOUT HOW YOU WOULD JUST BUY REMAKES THEN THAT IS ALL THE TRIPLE A INDUSTRY WILL GIVE YOU!
Just effing play those games on your old consoles! >.<
Not always possible, unfortunately. You're assuming that everyone who wants to play these remakes owns the original game and system. Not always true. For example, my brother gave away our N64 (which I still loved dearly), so the remake of Perfect Dark was a god send to me.

Kaez

Jan 11, 2010
Kjakings said:
Tribes 2.

No 'upgrades', no 'enhancements' like the crap Nintendo pulled with Mario 64 DS, just upgrade the graphics and FPS rate a bit and re-release it. Maybe add some extra maps and singleplayer stuff, but no messing with the content from the original.
Sadly this won't happen. Dynamix went under long ago, Vivendi made a crappy tribes game, Garage Games got the IP from Vivendi (And planned a Tribes 1 web browser version, which only made it to beta), Garage games pretty much went under, and now Hi-Res studios has the ip. They are working on Tribes Acend (FPS Multi) and Tribes Universe (MMOFPS?).

Also why Tribes 2? The original Tribes was superior gamplay was, and the maps were better.... though I do like one of the snow levels in T2.

XzarTheMad

Oct 10, 2008
Dungeon Keeper 2.
Theme Hospital.
Cave Wars.
Die By The Sword.
Witchhaven (Witchaven?) 2.

That's all I can think of.