This Game Needs a Remake/Re-Release

Sn0wLeppard

Nov 19, 2009
MediEvil 1 & 2 from the PS1. I know they remade the first one for PSP, but they changed it way too much :(

Gondras

May 17, 2011
Arqus_Zed said:
TLS14 said:
Final Fantasy IX, Final Fantasy V, Chrono Trigger, and Xenogears.

Yeah. I have a hard-on for pre-merger Square.
Seconded, especially on FF IX.

Giving ol' Freya and Vivi an HD make-over would be pure bliss. These days, we simply don't have enough games with cities built in giant trees, castles that are upside down and flying zombie whales.

Also, if a Xenogears remake would ever happen, the game might finally get a European release.

However, I don't really agree with Chrono Trigger and FF V, since both of them already got a re-release on the DS not all that long ago.
Xenogears didn't get released on the European PSN either? I know it came out in America and Japan a few months ago, so I'm suprised to hear that. I also want to see it get a HD re-release, with high-res sprites and smoother 3D polygons. Seriously, great game with great aesthetics and gameplay, but the graphics did not age well IMO, and this is a Square game, the one thing no one will never argue that they are good at doing.

EDIT: My friends and I are tempted to just do this ourselves if square or namco-bandai or whoever has the rights won't.

EDIT: Only for our own use, though.

PompeyDJ

Feb 23, 2011
colson91 said:
PompeyDJ said:
crash bandicoot 3: warped. seriously, that is a godly game. they can throw in the first 2 as well and bundle it together as one game. but only if it's done by naughty dog. the new crash games are just plain awful. crash of the titans? mind over mutant? seriously?
This would make an awesome downloadable bundle on xbox live arcade. Hell, I wouldn't even need them to be HD.
the original trilogy never made it to xbox. crash was originally designed as a mascot for sony. wrath of cortex (the 4th game not including team racing etc) is available for original xbox and on games on demand and all the recent crash games are on xbox 360 as well as ps3. releasing the original trilogy would be a great idea. slightly tweak the graphics for the current generation of consoles but leave the design the same apart from fixing a few bugs. the graphics don't need to be amazing as it they could be released as an xbox live arcade game

colson91

Apr 2, 2010
PompeyDJ said:
colson91 said:
PompeyDJ said:
crash bandicoot 3: warped. seriously, that is a godly game. they can throw in the first 2 as well and bundle it together as one game. but only if it's done by naughty dog. the new crash games are just plain awful. crash of the titans? mind over mutant? seriously?
This would make an awesome downloadable bundle on xbox live arcade. Hell, I wouldn't even need them to be HD.
the original trilogy never made it to xbox. crash was originally designed as a mascot for sony. wrath of cortex (the 4th game not including team racing etc) is available for original xbox and on games on demand and all the recent crash games are on xbox 360 as well as ps3. releasing the original trilogy would be a great idea. slightly tweak the graphics for the current generation of consoles but leave the design the same apart from fixing a few bugs. the graphics don't need to be amazing as it they could be released as an xbox live arcade game
Yeah, I knew all that, still want it on xbox though. Also, has anyone mentioned Jet Force Jemini? I'd love to see that released on xbox live arcade.

JemothSkarii

Thanks!
Nov 9, 2010
Kitsuna10060 said:
DJDarque said:
geezah91 said:
So I'll be the first to call Final Fantasy 7 then, yeah?
Seconded.

Also Legend of Dragoon, or even better, a sequel!
as memory serves, Dragoon end pretty neatly, no real lose ends, that said, could always put it DURING the war they talked about, that'd be bad ass

also
Seikendensetsu 3

port it to something
NOW
Here I was thinking I was one of the only people to play that game...even if I did make the crappiest trio known to man.

OT: Hmm, a remake, what would I like a remake of?...Probably Wild 9, and a game called Gekido, Theme Hospital, aaaaannnnd Dunegon Keeper.

Blemontea

May 25, 2010
sigh... I Feel bad for being MASSIVE hypocrite right now but i will try to make myself feel better by going in depth.
Dark Cloud 1 & 2, Both of these games are highly underrated, and if they add more levels weapons game mechanics and in game goodies i would be happy. PLUS if the game sells well Level-5 might actually grow some balls and dare to make the highly anticipated Dark Cloud 3.

Also Earthbound, Japan got Mother 3 3d for the N64 and the original Gameboy release, NOw with the 3ds we should, nay GET, a 3D fully fled built from the ground up collections of each game. Again with more goodies to get more levels, bosses, maybe even voice acting, and anime cut scenes. But Again(again) Nintendo first has to grow some balls to do a project that expensive. sad face...

(P.S. What is up with the new captcha? its moving?)

TheLastSamurai14

Last day of PubClub for me. :'-(
Mar 23, 2011
zerobudgetgamer said:
TLS14 said:
Final Fantasy IX, Final Fantasy V, Chrono Trigger, and Xenogears.

Yeah. I have a hard-on for pre-merger Square.
Secon-...Thir-...Whatever, I fully endorse this, but we also need VI to get a touch-up. I own every FF except 5 and 6, so hop to it Squeenix, or do you not want my money??
The translation for V is the worst one that I know of, though, so you may just want to emulate the RPGe fan-translation of the Super Famicom version, which has the best gameplay-translation tradeoff of all the versions.

I can see where you're coming from with the concept of an actual 3D remake of the classic FFs though. I think we should get some sort of collection on a home console, as well. You know, for those who haven't ever played a certain game in the series but express the desire to. For example, I know many people who have never played II, III, V, IX, and XII, and I think these games could be emphasized more, so a collection would do them some proper justice.

Ultress

Volcano Girl
Feb 5, 2009
The first 2 SMT games for the SNES,mainly taking what they've learned from Nocturne and Strange Journey and making the games more user friendly.

Jacob Bengert

Jul 2, 2011
I would love to see a remake of The Road Rash games for Genesis. I'm not sure why the idea of literally beating the competition didn't catch on. My friend and I still play this game from time to time.

yuval152

Jul 6, 2011
i would've said HALO:CE, but since its already getting one,i'll go with spinter cell:chaos thoery