This Year's March Madness is a JOKE.

Xanadu84

Apr 9, 2008
Zaik said:
Why does it matter.

It's much better than last year, Zynga won. How much of a joke is that?

The problem here is that you took it serious at all.
Zynga didn't win, They were defeated in the 11th hour by Valve. I have the badge to prove it.

Azaraxzealot

Dec 1, 2009
makes sense it's all a popularity contest. sure i get lost for hours on end with minecraft, but it's not even a finished game, so in terms of how good a developer truly is (I.E. how many amazing games they have made) Mojang really fails.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Of course its a joke.

What makes it a bad one is the sheer number of fanboys/girls that take it all seriously.

March Mayhem isnt 'Developer of the Year' by a long shot, its just a contest on a site thats only signifigance is Zero Punctuation and winning a Webby last year.

Canadish

Jul 15, 2010
I only voted for the Minecraft boys out of spite of Bioware if that makes you feel any better.
;)

Drop_D-Bombshell

Doing Nothing Productive...
Apr 17, 2010
No, it's still legit and fair so it still counts.

People like Mc for the fact that it's simple and people can give themselves projects and let their imagination go wild.

I think you're overeacting over something so trivial and insignificant. Just because you don't like the outcome doesn't mean you should rage about it and call for it to be removed.

People like what they like and will vote for it if they prefer it over another developer. If anything just ignore MM it's not a big deal.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
While I agree that the whole thing is a joke, no I don't think it should be striken from the record or any such thing. Stop being such a spoil sport.

latenightapplepie

Nov 9, 2008
I'm going to put a little quote in here by perhaps the greatest man who ever lived.

I will defend the absolute value of Mozart over Miley Cyrus, of course I will, but we should be wary of false dichotomies. You do not have to choose between one or the other. You can have both. The human cultural jungle should be as varied and plural as the Amazonian rainforest. We are all richer for biodiversity. We may decide that a puma is worth more to us than a caterpillar, but surely we can agree that the habitat is all the better for being able to sustain each.
I feel it's relevant.

Delock

Mar 4, 2009
Relax, after all, if Mojang wasn't there, this would be the same thing we had last year.

Valve vs Bioware

Valve wins, again.

Life goes on.

Personally, I'm glad to see a bit of a change even if I love both those companies.

No_Remainders

Sep 11, 2009
ToonLink said:
Its just ridiculous. I know that this whole thing is for fun and everything, but this CANNOT be what's popular.
There are these new things around, maybe you've heard of them, they're called opinions :)

jh322

May 14, 2008
Basically, there is a legitimate claim in there: Mojang (read: notch) have gone and made loads of money with nothing but I good philosophy and a good idea. They've displayed that people will play whatever they want to play, whether it's free, costs £10 or costs £60, it doesn't matter. Also, they've made one hell of a game. It's got an infinite world-generator. Never come across one of those before, but I like the idea. It's not a sandbox in the same way as vice city - and to be honest, you need to be playing it with other people for it to be at its best.

I did have valve down to win, though, facing gearbox in the final, but that's because I've replayed HL2, Portal and borderlands recently. Would have liked bioware up there too but you know...

Mojang have done a great job, and of course it's a popularity contest: "which is your favourite developer?" isn't a question that's trying to do anything but find out who's the most popular.

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
Hahahaha.

This year's? May I ask you who won in 08 and 09?

Turbine.

The develeopers who care to win, win (or at least make it really far). It's that simple.

moretimethansense

Apr 10, 2008
ToonLink said:
Its just ridiculous. I know that this whole thing is for fun and everything, but this CANNOT be what's popular. Minecraft?! Really?! I honestly don't get it. I honestly don't get why people find this game fun.

"Its a sandbox game. You can do what you want."
-Ok granted. But i can boot up my old PS2 and play Vice City and have more fun then I did with Minecraft.

Ok gotta find discussion value in this somewhere....
Let's see...

Does anyone else feel like this years MM should be stricken from the record? Why do you MC fans find this game fun? Am I overlooking something?

Captcha:
tho transtat
First I'd like to tell you to grow up, so a dev you don't like is winning, big fucking whoop.

Second, I'm not a Minecraft fan but it's one of those games where you get out as much as you put in.
If you are the creative and patiant sort then you can produce wonders.
If not you'll find the lack of focus tedious.
Plus it very much has a skinner box type of effect, you find your self saying "just ten more and my doom fortress will be complete!".

Finally, how many of the DEVs that were knocked out had released a good game in 2010?
How many released a game that basically any can play?
How many released absoutely no contested titles?

Yeah, that's what I thought.

BlumiereBleck

Dec 11, 2008
I don't like any games both companies make so, its a win for me being a neutral party every year :)

Jazoni89

Dec 24, 2008
Balobo said:
HerbertTheHamster said:
Because Aspergers.
Yes, I do agree that most of the people complaining probably do have Aspergers.
And the people who don't are Minecraft obsessive ADD ridden 15 year old's.

Stop generalising.

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
I love these people complaining about MM. This is what happens folks. The ringers are what makes it interesting or we'd just have Valve or Bioware winning all the time.

StarStruckStrumpets

Jan 17, 2009
As great as Minecraft is, Bioware deserved the win, simply because it's contributed more to the industry.

Thing is, this is the internet, and people are to minecraft what flies are to shit right now, so there was no way Bioware would have won.