Titanfall 2 Will Have a Singleplayer Campaign

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Titanfall 2 Will Have a Singleplayer Campaign

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/708/708764.jpg
Titanfall will also be getting its own spin-off TV series to fill the gaps in its story.

The original Titanfall 2 [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/titanfall] will have a full single-player campaign.

Stern assured fans that the game's multiplayer would not suffer with the additional focus on single-player, and that it will be better than ever now that it isn't exclusive to Microsoft platforms.

"The multiplayer game will be even better than it was the first time around. The first game was an Xbox exclusive (initially). This one is going to be widely available, I believe on all platforms. One of the shortcomings of the first game was we just did not have the mechanism to tell everyone 'here's who you are, here's where you are and who's around you.' We knew all the answers, we just could not deliver it."

"So we are doing our best to deliver a vision of grand global colonial warfare retelling the story of the American Revolution and the American Civil War in space," said Stern, giving us a little bit of a hint at what Titanfall 2's story would entail. "We imagined the next generation of immigrants moving out to the new frontier of an inhabitable planet."

Stern also stated that a spin-off TV series was in the works, but didn't offer any further information on it.

Titanfall 2 will launch some time in 2017, for (presumably) the Xbox One, PS4 and PC.

Source: Forbes [http://www.forbes.com/sites/dongroves/2016/02/05/titanfall-2-lead-writer-promises-a-grounded-dirty-and-human-world/#bffee8539041]

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
neat. I might actually conciser getting it if I hear the single player is good.

cause lolno to multiplayer :p

Sep 24, 2008
and I'll wait until the first sale before thinking about picking it up.

Already burned from presales.

Also... More fricking guns. Seriously. Make things at least interesting by trying to unlock more.

kajinking

Aug 12, 2009
Lunar Templar said:

First: Tailred FTW

Second: I keep forgetting that this was even a thing at one point. Titanfall to me is like Evolve; unless someone brings it up you tend to forget it existed. I can only hope the 2nd does better.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
kajinking said:
Lunar Templar said:

First: Tailred FTW

Second: I keep forgetting that this was even a thing at one point. Titanfall to me is like Evolve; unless someone brings it up you tend to forget it existed. I can only hope the 2nd does better.
Yeah, I forgot about it to. but mechs, so ya know >.> foolish hope it will be good.

and yes :3 I recently watched Twintail, and I positively adored it.

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
As someone who played Titanfall non-stop whenever I went to my friends who had its house. Color me excited. A single player campaign would be great for a game I already found awesome.

Mar 26, 2008
Elfgore said:
As someone who played Titanfall non-stop whenever I went to my friends who had its house. Color me excited. A single player campaign would be great for a game I already found awesome.
I concur. I really enjoyed the game when it first came out. Titanfall already has a solid foundation, and with more meat on it's bones I reckon the sequel could be very, very good. I'm not sure I've played a FPS that smooth in ages.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
And suddenly, I'm interested in Titanfall. The plot sounds like a rehash of Gundam, but that's not exactly a bad thing. And the fact that it's apparently going to be on multiple (read: PS4) platforms, and that's another plus in its favor.

I kind of cross my arms and raise my eyebrows at the whole, "One of the shortcomings of the first game was we just did not have the mechanism to tell everyone 'here's who you are, here's where you are and who's around you." bit, because I don't buy it. I get more of the feeling, "Multiplayer only so we can keep making a profit with DLC and microtransations," and when the game didn't sell amazingly, they realized that wasn't such a good idea.

Dalrien

Jun 14, 2014
I can't even begin to comprehend why tagging on an obligatory campaign to a mainly multiplayer experience somehow suddenly makes it a consideration for purchasing it.

*Roll eyes*

truckspond

Oct 26, 2013
Yay! I would actually be able to play this game once the servers die! I won't be preordering but I will be keeping an eye out for it.

Rommel102

Oct 8, 2014
"The original Titanfall was a fun game that suffered from a severe lack of content."

I keep hearing this argument retread lately, but I just don't get it. An 8 hour single player campaign would not have suddenly made Titanfall any better or worse in terms of content.

Titanfall launched with 15 maps and ended up with 24 after DLC. There are now 15 game modes. If there is anything Titanfall lacked depth in it was the number of weapons and Titans, but it was still a ton of fun to play.

I'm happy they are going to add more content to the game, but I'm pretty skeptical that the "single player campaign" will be the reason that people go out and buy it.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Now let's just hope that EA follows suit and offers a campaign for Battlefront 2. A co-op campaign at that! And give us Galactic Conquest while you're at it!

And the prequel factions too, damnit!

AND DON'T FORGET THE FUCKING SPACE BATTLES!!!

God, Battlefront sucked! xP

EndlessSporadic

May 20, 2009
Considering I bought Titanfall and only played 15 games or so because of the lack of players, I think I'll skip the next game. Even if the single player is good, I am not a fan of shooters in the first place. I only bought it because my friends were playing it and they also stopped due to the lack of players. The stain of the first game won't come off with the second for me.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
I approve of this. The only reason i haven't played titanfall yet is purely because of the multiplayer-only focus. I know how those end.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
I liked the idea of Titanfall and yes a single player/co-op experience was sorely missing from that game. Also the mechs were too constrained in multiplayer by small maps whereas a larger Battlefield-esque map would work so much better. Would love to see some other styles of mech as well, like artillery, keep em behind the front lines, dropping the hammer and clearing the way for the smaller faster infantry mechs and more tank-like mechs. So much potential for the game to be great both in the multiplayer arena and singleplayer game but they can't keep trying to remake Call of Duty Modern Warfare with mechs, they need to separate it and make a game that stands on its own merits.

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
The Forbes article says "fiscal 2017". That doesn't mean what you think it means. It means April 1 of this year into March 31 of 2017. The interviewee, Jesse Stern, even said as much when he stated, "It takes two years to make these things usually. Sometime late this year or early next seems like the right neighborhood (for completion)"

So, unlikely as it is, we may see the game come out this year.

ObsidianJones said:
Also... More fricking guns. Seriously. Make things at least interesting by trying to unlock more.
No, thank you. I'd prefer fewer weapons designed around role fulfillment and balance rather than a deluge of weapons with no clear goal in mind.

Seriously, I don't get this complaint. An overabundance of weapons does NOT automatically improve the game. In fact, in many cases, it hurts it.

Elfgore said:
Agreed. I logged quite a lot of hours in the first game. Even accidentally participated in some tourneys. (it's...complicated and weird) But even so, I was always disappointed by the lack of a solo campaign or any kind of PvE modes; especially the former, seeing as the game seemed to have quite an elaborate and intriguing storyverse.

Respawn did eventually add that Frontier Defense mode. It was fun but one (rather simple) PvE mode just wasn't enough to slake my thirst for co-op-y goodness.

Here's hoping Titanfall 2 fills that need.

Naldan

You Are Interested. Certainly.
Feb 25, 2015
How about bots? Get decent bots, maybe? Is it more lucrative to invest into a campaign rather than having decent bots? They already have some kind of AI, I can't believe that it's so hard to make task-ready bots.

What is wrong with these people who develope shooters? All the time either no SP at all or a throw-away campaign done in 4 hours. Medal of Honor, Battlefield (nowadays), Titanfall.

JagermanXcell

Oct 1, 2012
I think the most positive thing I can say about this (other than being able to play it cause, yay, PS4) is that the Titanfall world can finally get fleshed out.

I like the mech genre, and am sad to see it so criminally underutilized this generation. Thus I like Titanfall conceptually, but boy did it drop the ball by hiding potential lore and story behind multiplayer only. So i'm hoping a campaign can actual push Treyarch to put more emphasis on a much more unique art design and aesthetic in the sequel, because I can see this series going somewhere.

... also add swords..... for the mechs and the soldiers.... and space battles... yeah I just want this to be mecha anime af, can you blame me!
THROW ME A BONE TREYARCH PLEASE, I'M NEVER GETTING ZOE3!!!