Titanfall is Going Full Open Beta - Update 3

Lemonpie39

Jul 18, 2012
Steven Bogos said:
He believes that the beta should hold up fine when it's opened, but that gamers may have trouble finding a server during peak times.
I suppose it's a good thing I won't have much more time to spend in the beta in the coming week, then. Even now that it's still a 'closed' beta, I have loads of trouble staying connected to a server on the West European server anyway. Aside from that, I'll admit the game is pretty fun though. I was skeptical about the bot thing at first, but it's actually an interesting approach. I just wish there were some way to play it offline as well, because you even need to be logged in online to do the training mission.

Makabriel

May 13, 2013
CriticKitten said:
Steven Bogos said:
"Ok, just heard from @jonshiring. His words are 'Let's break it', so the plan is to make the beta fully open and have you max stress it!"
So is this the part where we all sit back and try to predict how long it takes until the whole thing crashes?

'cuz I'm personally expecting it to last maybe 24 hours. Usually when the devs say "let's flip the switches and break it", it means the game probably wasn't really ready for that beta, which means it doesn't take very long. Especially if it's a stress test, as this seems to be.
It has nothing to do with the game itself, but with the hosting servers. He means he wants to stress test the servers. Which is a really good thing. This will give them the info they need for a smooth go live release

Zac Jovanovic

Jan 5, 2012
Irridium said:
I would love to try this damn thing, but it crashes when I hit "play" with the following error message:

SetupClientSendTableHierarchy: missing table name for prop 'm_Collision'

I post this here in hopes that someone will know how to fix this. Also when I try to change any settings the game just crashes. This is actually an improvement over yesterday, where the game would just crash after the opening logo with no errors or freezes or anything. It'd just end.

I really hope they open it to PC gamers so more people encounter these issues and it's hopefully fixed before the beta ends on Tuesday so I can play the damn thing.
Sounds like a corrupt download. Have you tried simply repairing the game?

somethingorother003

Jan 6, 2014
Been playing the beta for a while now, and as someone who has really started to loathe the average shooter nowadays, I'd definitely recommend getting in on this.

It's a very different kind of online shooter, and everything just works so well with one another, I'm sold on this being the next "big thing". If this is what online FPS games will be like for next (this?) gen, I'm ready to come out my FPS hibernation.

And seriously, if an online near-future shooter with wallrunning, jetpacks, giant walker mechs, cinematic elements, and a get to the choppa moment at the end of every match doesn't at least peak your interest, nothing will.

Apr 28, 2008
Zac Jovanovic said:
Irridium said:
I would love to try this damn thing, but it crashes when I hit "play" with the following error message:

SetupClientSendTableHierarchy: missing table name for prop 'm_Collision'

I post this here in hopes that someone will know how to fix this. Also when I try to change any settings the game just crashes. This is actually an improvement over yesterday, where the game would just crash after the opening logo with no errors or freezes or anything. It'd just end.

I really hope they open it to PC gamers so more people encounter these issues and it's hopefully fixed before the beta ends on Tuesday so I can play the damn thing.
Sounds like a corrupt download. Have you tried simply repairing the game?
Yep, and now the game just crashes with no error message. I did manage to talk to the game's lead programmer on twitter, though. He said it sounds like my hard disk is failing. So now I'm following up on that.

Aug 1, 2010
I'm actually looking a bit forward to the open beta.

I wasn't interested in the game at all, but the recent NorthernLion video has changed my mind quite a bit.

cricket chirps

Apr 15, 2009
Aaaaaand no 360 beta at all I assume? Due to:
-The 360 version being pushed back and being the last of the versions to be worked on
-Likelihood that the 360 version will be without a doubt the worst of the available versions
-OT: Probably no compensation for "current/last gen" gamers to look forward to either...

*false entitlement grump*

tehroc

Jul 6, 2009
cricket chirps said:
Aaaaaand no 360 beta at all I assume? Due to:
-The 360 version being pushed back and being the last of the versions to be worked on
-Likelihood that the 360 version will be without a doubt the worst of the available versions
-OT: Probably no compensation for "current/last gen" gamers to look forward to either...

*false entitlement grump*
Respawn isn't even making the 360 verion. Bluepoint Games are doing the 360 port.

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
Fucking stupid way of handing out beta keys. Every time I try and get one the code has already been used. Why couldn't they just hand them out via e-mail like a normal developer?

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
Kungfu_Teddybear said:
Fucking stupid way of handing out beta keys. Every time I try and get one the code has already been used. Why couldn't then just hand them out via e-mail like a normal developer?
I found a solution to everyone that still needs a key: Just go to customer support and send them a e-mail and request a beta key and you will get one in 2-3h.

All you have to do is contact EA at http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/ asking them for a beta access (be logged in with your origin account). They will add it to your account in about an hour.

Steps:

Select Titanfall from product list
Select the platform - PC obviously
Select topic - Titanfall beta access
Click the "email" link and say that you would like to get BETA access to Titanfall to try it out.

This is the official steps from PCmasterrace from Reddit. Multiple people (including me) confirmed that it works.

Synthetica

Jul 10, 2013
DarkhoIlow said:
Kungfu_Teddybear said:
Fucking stupid way of handing out beta keys. Every time I try and get one the code has already been used. Why couldn't then just hand them out via e-mail like a normal developer?
I found a solution to everyone that still needs a key: Just go to customer support and send them a e-mail and request a beta key and you will get one in 2-3h.

All you have to do is contact EA at http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/ asking them for a beta access (be logged in with your origin account). They will add it to your account in about an hour.

Steps:

Select Titanfall from product list
Select the platform - PC obviously
Select topic - Titanfall beta access
Click the "email" link and say that you would like to get BETA access to Titanfall to try it out.

This is the official steps from PCmasterrace from Reddit. Multiple people (including me) confirmed that it works.
Thanks, I got the same (extremely generic, I was complaining about there not being a confirmation mail when you sign up) mail. Downloading it now, and thank you gentlesir.
Capcha: beans and rice. Hmmmm... Now I'm hungry.

EDIT: aaand I'm getting 3 times the downspeed I should be getting (about 80 mbit instead of 30) Thank you Telfort (my usp)

Mar 26, 2008
Elfgore said:
Eh. If I ever get up the effort to sign up and download it, I wouldn't mind giving it a go. It looks rather unique, I'm just not a fan of only twelve player games.
Seriously you should give it a go. Even though it is technically twelve human players, each of those players might have a titan trailing after them in AI mode, and then you have the Grunts and Spectres running around. The matches feel a lot bigger than they actually are. Plus the game is FAST, so you won't have time bemoan that it is only 6 v 6.

somethingorother003 said:
And seriously, if an online near-future shooter with wallrunning, jetpacks, giant walker mechs, cinematic elements, and a get to the choppa moment at the end of every match doesn't at least peak your interest, nothing will.
LOL! The end of match evacuations are a great addition to the gameplay. It adds a whole cat and mouse element. There's nothing worse than finally rounding the corner to where the evac point is to see four titans stomping around it.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
Programmed_For_Damage said:
LOL! The end of match evacuations are a great addition to the gameplay. It adds a whole cat and mouse element. There's nothing worse than finally rounding the corner to where the evac point is to see four titans stomping around it.
lol. this sure is a nice thing as well. i was once the only survivor in the shuttle while everyone else was still left behind.
but once i was pretty stupid and jumped blindly in to it wile 2 or 3 titans were around shooting me down. but my team were successful as well to shoot it down with few people on board :D

cant wait for the full version to come out.

J Tyran

Dec 15, 2011
Elfgore said:
Eh. If I ever get up the effort to sign up and download it, I wouldn't mind giving it a go. It looks rather unique, I'm just not a fan of only twelve player games.
The game doesn't suffer from that at all, its fast paced and once a few players get a Titanfall it gets pretty hectic. Even 3-4 Titans on the map gets a bit bonkers, any more than 12 would break the game because its balanced around the escalation as players get Titanfalls. The idea is that fighting without a Titan is viable and pilots can stay on foot, if there where loads of them running around it wouldn't work.

Nurb

Cynical bastard
Dec 9, 2008
>being assholes about releasing small batches of keys publicly
>fucking with people like this as marketing stunt
>requires origin

Nope. Screw them. I'm not going to jump through hoops and install garbage for stress-testing their servers.

Ralphfromdk

Mar 26, 2009
Oh sweet, open beta. Better head over to the site and do the sign up thing now.

"Thanks for your interest in the beta! We?ve reached the maximum number of sign-ups and can?t accept any more at this time. We?ll see you in March!"

Well fuck you. Don't call it open if it's still limited like that.

jurnag12

Nov 9, 2009
I like how they barely actually mentioned that the PC beta would only be open to those who had already signed up, before they closed the registration for that. I mean, if it's out of server concerns, I get it and there is absolutely nothing wrong with it, but don't advertise it with "We're going to open up the Beta" without adding "To all signed-up testers".