Titanfall is Going Full Open Beta - Update 3

The Apple BOOM

Nov 16, 2012
If this weren't Zampella and West, this would be a PR nightmare right now. Open Beta! But not really! But actually yes! Yet only for a day! Or maybe more!

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Many feels for all who didn't get the beta invite or signed up in time. Titanfall is, like it or not, going to sell well for EA and Respawn. There's a definitive feel to it that makes it... fun, interesting and replayable. Mechs, parkour and MECHS... I already want more. Fucking EA, strikes gold. They'd be best off if they don't strip mine it but this is EA we're talking here, they've forgotten what MODERATION means; quality of game not quantity.

Zeraki

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOR!?
Legacy
Feb 9, 2009
New Jersey
Country
United States
"Thanks for your interest in the beta! We've reached the maximum number of sign-ups and can?t accept any more at this time. We?ll see you in March!"

Well then, I guess I won't be trying this one after all. Not really an 'open' Beta if you're still limiting the amount of people who can play it.

Ashhearth

May 26, 2009
Steven Bogos" post="7.842501.20727956 said:
Titanfall is Going Full Open Beta - Update 2

Update 2: Apparently, in Respawn Entertainment language, "fully open" means "fully open until we hit an arbitrary number," and it seems that that number has been hit, at least for the PC version of the beta. The beta sign-up page [http://www.titanfall.com/beta] now simply displays the following message:

"Thanks for your interest in the beta! We've reached the maximum number of sign-ups and can't accept any more at this time. We'll see you in March!"

If you have an Origin account just go directly to your My Games page in your account and you will find the Titanfall Beta available for download. Took me a bit to realize this last night :p

The Apple BOOM

Nov 16, 2012
Ashhearth said:
Steven Bogos said:
Titanfall is Going Full Open Beta - Update 2

Update 2: Apparently, in Respawn Entertainment language, "fully open" means "fully open until we hit an arbitrary number," and it seems that that number has been hit, at least for the PC version of the beta. The beta sign-up page [http://www.titanfall.com/beta] now simply displays the following message:

"Thanks for your interest in the beta! We've reached the maximum number of sign-ups and can't accept any more at this time. We'll see you in March!"

If you have an Origin account just go directly to your My Games page in your account and you will find the Titanfall Beta available for download. Took me a bit to realize this last night :p
Only if you signed up for the beta. If you didn't get to before the cut off on Saturday, you can't get in.

Richard Horth

Feb 17, 2014
Can anyone answer these two quick questions?:

1. When you level up in the beta, will this level carry over into the game if I buy it in March, or will all stats be reset.
2. How long is the beta free for/open for playing!?

Thanks in advance

Aug 1, 2010
Ralphfromdk said:
Oh sweet, open beta. Better head over to the site and do the sign up thing now.

"Thanks for your interest in the beta! We?ve reached the maximum number of sign-ups and can?t accept any more at this time. We?ll see you in March!"

Well fuck you. Don't call it open if it's still limited like that.
My thought process exactly.

"Hey, let's throw all the switches and stress the game!"

"WAIT WAIT NO WE CAN ONLY HAVE A FEW PEOPLE SIGNED UP"

And to think, this game had finally earned a tiny bit of excitement from me.

jurnag12

Nov 9, 2009
Richard Horth said:

1. When you level up in the beta, will this level carry over into the game if I buy it in March, or will all stats be reset.

Thanks in advance
Going from both Zampella's Twitter and hearsay respectively:

1)No, which wont make that much of a difference anyway since there's a crapton of things in the full release that isn't in the Beta.

2) 18th of February

Richard Horth

Feb 17, 2014
jurnag12 said:
Richard Horth said:

Thanks in advance
Going from both Zampella's Twitter and hearsay respectively:

1)No, which wont make that much of a difference anyway since there's a crapton of things in the full release that isn't in the Beta.

2) 18th of February
Thanks very much! :)

P.s. Who's Zampella? (I'm clearly a noob to the forum lark!)

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
I was lucky enough to get a beta code for the PC and I must say, I had my doubts about the game, but its just so fast paced and fun. Currently rockin' some AC/DC and running round like a lunatic at the moment.

Seems to have swayed me over to the "yes, I'm interested in buying this game" category.

barbzilla

He who speaks words from mouth!
Dec 6, 2010
See, I have to call BS on this. I applied as soon as the applications opened up, but because I had to work today, I didn't get to log on and download the game, and despite me having my app in the moment it opened, I'm now excluded until march? This is just silliness.

dystopiaINC

Aug 13, 2010
Absolutely in love with this game, I was skeptical until today. it's freaking fun as hell just TRAVELING never mind the fighting and piloting. but to be honest it feel like the matches are too short. like 5 min matches. It could just be me, but I think either the points needed to win is to low ending the game just as it gets good, or the match time is to short. it just feel like just as the fight is getting intense the match is over an need to start running away or hunting down my enemies.

gussy1z

Aug 8, 2008
With Titanfall being a completely new IP people NEED a way of testing it for themselves. So why the hell does this game have a temporary beta test only allowing a limited number of people to try it out? We need demos or some way we can all try this game out, its really not enough to read reviews or blindly follow hype. There needs to be a way that we can all see that this game is like for ourselves.

Personally I wont be getting this game because I didn't get into the beta (although I did sign up). As I have no way of knowing how the game plays and I am not willing to drop £45 on a game I've never played.

TomWiley

Jul 20, 2012
I would actually say this game lives up to the hype. When it comes to consoles, it really is the first and perhaps only must have of the year.

TomWiley

Jul 20, 2012
gussy1z said:
With Titanfall being a completely new IP people NEED a way of testing it for themselves. So why the hell does this game have a temporary beta test only allowing a limited number of people to try it out? We need demos or some way we can all try this game out, its really not enough to read reviews or blindly follow hype. There needs to be a way that we can all see that this game is like for ourselves.

Personally I wont be getting this game because I didn't get into the beta (although I did sign up). As I have no way of knowing how the game plays and I am not willing to drop £45 on a game I've never played.
Wait, are you saying that every game that is a "new" intellectual property must allow all gamers to try it out for free before selling it? And it upsets you if they don't?

That doesn't make one lick of sense.

jurnag12

Nov 9, 2009
Posting again just to point out that, as of now, the "Email customer service for a beta key" method still works. Just got my account flagged for the Beta and am now downloading it.