Titanfall On PC Will Require Origin

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
viranimus said:
I love how "Steam is the answer" when Steam is no different than Origin.

Perhaps if the que.../sigh never mind, not going there.

I say Good for Origin. While no better than Steam, Technically it is a sound move. If you cannot share the market, next best thing is to try and divide it. The more "Origin exclusives" that exist will take consumers away from steam. (Because really if you are not willing to use Steam, you wont be willing to use Origin either so it will only really be existing customers) If they are serious, they need to rip away a few partners, one of which would have to be one of the ones propping up steam. Activision (My god the horror of a strong partnership between EA & Activision), Bethesda, Take 2, or Ubisoft. On the strength of having a much bigger/better catalog of proprietary high profile offerings than valve, Securing an exclusivity of distribution deal would be like ripping out one of steams main arteries. One high profile exclusivity deal would have the potential create a whole new "Client war" as smaller houses start getting pushed to one side or another and customers following suit to the client that has the developers they specifically want to play.

This industry crash keeps getting more and more entertaining
Wh... wh... wait... what?

A person here who doesn't hate Origin because grrrrambleranthatespew EA!!!!!!!!>!??!>!:L@L¬!

I am surprise. We should be friends.

Origin is a perfectly functional DRM platform, just like Steam, whilst it may not provide good sales like Steam it hardly impacts you to run it for the duration of your use of games on it. My biggest gripe is lack of bandwidth throttling but otherwise it's perfectly serviceable as a service.

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
Must be a slow day in The Escapist newsroom, because this sure as hell ain't news.

And it doesn't really surprise me that people are swearing off Origin for no other reason than 'the internet told me it's bad'. Just wow. Back in my day you came up for you're own reasons to hate something rather than commandeer other people's opinion so you had complete confidence in your reasoning. Now all people can give me as a reason is 'EA is evil'. Truly pathetic.

I hate EA as much as the next guy (Simcity was their latest insult) but if you let the simple fact that it's being pushed on Origin (no shit) get between you and the game you're genuinely interested in, being pushed by a developer who isn't evil, then you must be weak-willed indeed.

Is Origin as good as Steam? Hell no, most people just don't like it because it isn't Steam, which still isn't a good enough excuse. It's job is to serve as a digital distribution service for EA and verify games through it's DRM and it does exactly that.

Moral: Try something for yourself so that when some asks you your opinion, you can say that you have a mind of your own.

Zac Jovanovic

Jan 5, 2012
I don't see what the big deal is with Origin. It's pretty much same shit as Steam.
Just have it installed on my PC, takes 30 sec to set it up to not start up automatically and not to prompt for login when you want to play a game. Just click a game icon on the desktop and the game starts.
Only interaction with Origin you have is when you redeem a key.