Titanfall Will Not Be Released On PlayStation 4

Miss G.

Jun 18, 2013
Not that I really care about things that aren't JRPGs/Sony & Nintendo exclusives or do more than look at recent MS threads just for a laugh, but isn't this the same guy that said Metal Gear V was an Xbone exclusive?

LysanderNemoinis

Noble and oppressed Kekistani
Nov 8, 2010
Hold on a second! Are you telling me that the PS3/PS4 will have one generic brown 'n' grey first-person shooter (albeit with a second HUD option known as a mech) less than the 360/XBone/PC? Well, that just made my day. Well, played Microsoft and EA. I tip my hat to you for making me want to get a PS4 that much more.

MrHide-Patten

Jun 10, 2009
In other news; Infamous Second Son won't be released on the Xbox One. You keep saying exclusive, but the PC release determined that was a lie.

shintakie10

Sep 3, 2008
MrHide-Patten said:
In other news; Infamous Second Son won't be released on the Xbox One. You keep saying exclusive, but the PC release determined that was a lie.
Its not the general way its used in gaming, but his use of exclusive is correct. Its excludin the PS4, not its only on the Xbox One.

Battenberg

Browncoat
Aug 16, 2012
"@TitanFallgame is exclusive. No, not a timed exclusive. It will only be available on Xbox One, Xbox 360 & PC."
That's alright, I don't want a game from a developer who doesn't even know basic gaming terminology anyway. PC is a gaming platform in its own right just like Xbox One and PS4 (as is the 360 for that matter).

In all seriousness I was only semi interested in this before, I'm much more interested in Battlefield 4 for the next gen of multiplayer shooters.

MrHide-Patten

Jun 10, 2009
shintakie10 said:
MrHide-Patten said:
Its not the general way its used in gaming, but his use of exclusive is correct. Its excludin the PS4, not its only on the Xbox One.
You and I use that word very differently. When I hear 'Exclusive' I assume it is only available in one spot, destination, what-have-you. Using an example I mentioned; Infamous Second Son is just for the PS4, nothing else. That's exclusive (to me), If I was desperate enough to play Titanfall I could just buy it for PC and not have to get an Xbox One.

Dragonbums

Indulge in it's whiffy sensation
May 9, 2013
It's not an Xbox One exclusive if it's also going to be on the PC.

I mean, that doesn't even make sense.

Drummodino

Can't Stop the Bop
Jan 2, 2011
Evonisia said:
But it really seems like they're quite desperate to keep it on Xbox consoles.
Well what else have they got? The only exclusives (other than Halo, Gears, Forza and Fable) they have are:

Dead Rising 3
Ryse: Son of Rome
Quantum Break
Crimson Dragon
Killer Instinct
Below

Titanfall will outsell all of those by far. So you can see why Microsoft is clinging to it so desperately. Personally I'm not interested in any of those games. Titanfall looks a lot more fun than any of those.

Shit I just realised this is an EA game. Well looks like it's gone from a purchase if on sale to another game I won't be touching.

LtFerret

Jun 4, 2009
So EA, how's that "unprecedented partnership" with Nintendo going? Oh, you went back on your word? Then why should believe you about Titanfall remaining exclusive.

Diablo1099_v1legacy

Doom needs Yoghurt, Badly
Dec 12, 2009
I think MS might make a loss here, a IP like this is big business for EA, think of how many unit's it could shift on PS4.
Now, in order to keep it off PS4, MS would have had to play them a sum large enough to cover the difference.

If the game Flops (Which could happen, seeing how it's just COD!Halo), then they will be in the hole for millions with little to show for it.
On top of that, Even a game like this can't redeem Xbone's PR Nightmare.

Daaaah Whoosh

Jun 23, 2010
I'd say worst case scenario for me is that Titanfall becomes the new Halo, and I miss out on it because I don't buy an Xbone. Best case scenario is that I get enough money for a gaming PC and a PS4, and STILL don't buy a Xbone. Either way, I' not buying an Xbone. Great work, Microsoft, I hope the pile of money you threw at EA burns in hell.

tdylan

Jun 17, 2011
Isn't this the same Major Nelson that said "you can't just remove the kinect from XBONE. It's INTEGRATED/INTEGRAL to the console. They're one,"?

I've gotta call bullshit on this. There is no way in hell MS could have paid EA enough to make EA think they were getting more money from MS than they would have been had they released on the PS4, the next gen console will have the hands down largest market share, if for no other reason than MS having limited launch.

Or, MS paid out the ass for this, and it's just another in a long line of costly decisions that they are going to try backpedalling from.

Also, let's assume this really is a timed exclusive: does anyone expect them to admit that? They're banking on the idea that the game is "Exclusive" being a system seller. No way they risk people saying "I'll just get a PS4 and wait for Titanfall."

Also, this is EA we're talking about. The folks that have been chasing Activision's success with COD to the point that they, arguably, bastardized Battlefield, and cannibalized Medal of Honor to do it. With all that they went through to grab the original Modern Warfare guys from activision, and this being the original Modern Warfare guys' first IP for EA, why would EA say "we want that COD install base, so let's get it by limiting ourselves the XBONE and neglecting the more far reaching, consumer favorable PS4."?

I didn't plan on buying a PS4 until they release a PS4 Slim, or whatever they end up calling it (especially after the news of that day one console update for the PS4) anyway, so I'm betting there will be a Titanfall: GOTY edition that doesn't fall under the "Exclusivity umbrella." But seriously, MS has done some stupid things, but there is no way they could have paid EA enough for EA to exclude the PS4. I can't fathom being able to sign over that much money to someone.

Draconalis

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2008
No PS4 release...?

Well... that's a little disappointing.

Good thing I have a computer.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
[tweet t=https://twitter.com/VinceZampella/status/395325209521029120]

Vince Zampella, one of the creators seems to have confirmed this information. And it's a little subtle, but he included a frowning face. I think that says a lot about his feelings on this deal. I heard they had actually started working on a PS4 version already.

s_h_a_d_o

Mr Propellerhead
Jun 15, 2010
The mere fact that Microsoft would resort to such a ploy, has now ensured that I will never purchase their new console. :|

Tahmoh

Sep 1, 2008
Meh, i lost interest the minute i noticed it was more of a shooter with added mechs than a mech game with abit of shooter tacked on for the tards(since it's an obvious sales ploy to attract the halo monkies and codtards)...i'll stick to a real mech game thanks.

EffectiveKill

Feb 22, 2010
s_h_a_d_o said:
The mere fact that Microsoft would resort to such a ploy, has now ensured that I will never purchase their new console. :|
And you seriously think that Sony doesn't do things like this, wow you are really blinded by your love of these companies.