Titanic Conflagration

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
Should've been a panel with Richard Pryor saying: "Well, at least when I do this, it's in the comfort of my own home."

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
martyrdrebel27 said:
after 6 solid weeks of unfunny xbox one jokes, i'm thoroughly sick of your comic.
Considering the Xbox One was announced on May 21st, it also appears that you're thoroughly sick of math.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
This is one of those strips where I can't tell if it's a subtle joke hidden behind an obvious one, or just an obvious joke and I am being an idiot for trying to find a non-existent subtle one.

Grey Carter said:
martyrdrebel27 said:
after 6 solid weeks of unfunny xbox one jokes, i'm thoroughly sick of your comic.
Considering the Xbox One was announced on May 21st, it also appears that you've thoroughly sick of math.
Have I ever told you how much I love you sometimes?

Jenny Jones

Jun 10, 2013
Kinda agree with Happiness Assassin, I thought maybe there was some underlying clever joke in there apart from the over-exaggerated burning of M$ by Sony but I have yet to find it. If this was released a few days ago then it would have me in stitches but after a few days of laughing about it with my friends it's just kinda meh.

Ah well, there's Tuesday to look forward to =)

Edit: Oh new avatar Legion...yeah I'm pretty excited for Arise too!!

Gamegodtre

Aug 24, 2009
Grey Carter said:
martyrdrebel27 said:
Considering the Xbox One was announced on May 21st, it also appears that you're thoroughly sick of math.
Well i have a theory of this
1. he is experiencing a sick version of Groundhogs day where he relieves the same month over and over but in a different reality all in which MS screwed up
2. He is a time traveler and is from 3 weeks into the future
3. He has the ability to see into the future and has been doing so since 3 weeks ago

each are possible

also how is the corpse not burning in the last panel?

ZycroNeXuS

Apr 30, 2013
I haven't watched E3, so maybe I'm wrong, but I think that it was about Microsoft being a bunch of liars and henceforth being on fire.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Keith K said:
That is some subtle, subtle symbolism at work there boys.
It's not subtle at all. It's a commentary on the poor design choice to include recognition for the command "Xbox: incinerate!"

1337mokro

Dec 24, 2008
This is of course a comment on the red ring of death, where the 360 quite literally immolated itself to death and the prediction that the Xbone whilst possibly of a higher quality will instead both literally and figuratively set itself on fire. The possibly shoddy hardware on one hand and the PR department who thinks indignation is the best response to criticism on the other.

loudestmute

Oct 21, 2008
I was kind of hoping that poor ol' Don Mattrick's final pose would be to clutch the Xbox One against his chest, trying to protect it from the flames. But then again, the internet can take only so many references to the White Phosphorous incident from Spec Ops: The Line.

...Still isn't stopping me from writing my fanfiction casting John Riccitello as Col. Konrad, through.

satsugaikaze

Feb 26, 2011
Grey Carter said:
Man on fire.
Because depicting a person literally burning to death is funny and/or absolutely necessary to make a point no-one has already made in the past yet

That's coo'.

martyrdrebel27

Feb 16, 2009
Grey Carter said:
martyrdrebel27 said:
haha nice. Got me there. I guess I could have said "after 6 strips about the Xbox one..." instead.

but seriously, you're not even a little excited about the XB1? Why the constant hatred? At least pepper in some Wii U and PS4 hatred as well. For example, if you read the specs carefully, you'll notice that the PS4 is powered by puppy hearts. Fact. Just saying, keep some balance. I've read this comic a long time and was really excited the time I noticed yu used Streetlight Manifesto lyrics at the bottom, but after 6 weeks (haha) of something I like ceaselessly blasting something I'm looking forward to, im starting to feel alienated. I certainly would never ask an artist to censor themselves, but maybe just mix up the focus of your disdain. that is all.

martyrdrebel27

Feb 16, 2009
Gamegodtre said:
Grey Carter said:
martyrdrebel27 said:
1. he is experiencing a sick version of Groundhogs day where he relieves the same month over and over but in a different reality all in which MS screwed up
3. He has the ability to see into the future and has been doing so since 3 weeks ago

each are possible

I actually have time travelled. Well, transdimensional shifting is a more accurate way to put it, but I'll settle for time traveler in the interest of keeping it simple.

Gamegodtre

Aug 24, 2009
martyrdrebel27 said:
Gamegodtre said:
Grey Carter said:
martyrdrebel27 said:

each are possible

I actually have time travelled. Well, transdimensional shifting is a more accurate way to put it, but I'll settle for time traveler in the interest of keeping it simple.
\

now come now dont make light of switching the world lines in order to seemingly travel across time

DragonKhan95

Oct 3, 2012
Did anyone find a 6 panel comic of man burning to death, a well drawn replication of real life man, you know an actual person burning to death not funny?

I get the joke, har har Sony burned Microsoft. But this is really disturbing and kind of wrong. WOuldn't it have been better to just so the X1 combusting, instead of drawing this?