TLOU2 Review Thread

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Still there is some truth as the alt right only want something pandering to their base desires. Patrick O Rourke got ratio because by the usual peanut gallery

We really going with "You can't handle diverse media" as an argument?

Reactions: Hawki

Gyrobot

Ask Revachol/Renegades of Woke
May 13, 2020
It looks like he got ratio'd for saying something stupid.
I thought he said something truthful. Weebs are curious their games are being censored while "tranny dykes putting simulator" is allowed and most of the hostile responses have something anime related in their avatar

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
I thought he said something truthful. Weebs are curious their games are being censored while "tranny dykes putting simulator" is allowed and most of the hostile responses have something anime related in their avatar
If he had preambled with "I think the hate for the trans character reminds me of GG", I still wouldn't agree, but at least he wouldn't sound stupid. Instead he's conflating all hate of the game with that strawman and even specifically calling out the criticism of the game that's not based around the transexual character as being about her now. Like as people are pointing out in his Twitter, that's stupid and an attempt to delegitimize criticism of the game.

As others have also pointed out, there's not a huge gap between scores and an outrage from gamers of the DLC which introduced Ellie being lesbian, so the current claims that all the hate for the game is from anti-SJWs ring really hollow, and the people pushing that narrative as out of touch idiots.

The kind of out of touch idiots who get ratio'd for saying stupid things.

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

B-cell

Legacy
Apr 24, 2020

Further proven my point that its all corrupt. most of professional reivewers scared to loose thier jobs or get blacklisted if they criticize this game. the big corporate control everything. and dictates too. its sad state of affairs. no freedom. nothing at all.

thank goodness for youtubers who can speak the truth.

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
If he had preambled with "I think the hate for the trans character reminds me of GG", I still wouldn't agree, but at least he wouldn't sound stupid. Instead he's conflating all hate of the game with that strawman and even specifically calling out the criticism of the game that's not based around the transexual character as being about her now. Like as people are pointing out in his Twitter, that's stupid and an attempt to delegitimize criticism of the game.

As others have also pointed out, there's not a huge gap between scores and an outrage from gamers of the DLC which introduced Ellie being lesbian, so the current claims that all the hate for the game is from anti-SJWs ring really hollow, and the people pushing that narrative as out of touch idiots.

It’s a perfect storm in this case.
-The first spark was the “kiss” trailer at E3,
-Then the *supposedly?* trans character from the gameplay reveal,
-Then the leaks that spilled several major plot points involving very bad thing s(he?) did to beloved characters,
-Then Naughty Dog’s/Sony’s reaction to the reactions,
-Then YouTuber’s further reactions which thousands (or millions?) watched spurring further gear grinding,
-Then Druckmann’s/Baker’s reactions calling them out and saying, “Just play the game”,
-Then the near perfect scores from greater gaming press (which of course had to be bs/paid off/sjw shills/etc.
-....Aaaand then the incredibly predictable user review retaliation.

What have we learned from all of this once the dust settles? Probably that nothing changes.

Reactions: BrawlMan

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas

Further proven my point that its all corrupt. most of professional reivewers scared to loose thier jobs or get blacklisted if they criticize this game. the big corporate control everything. and dictates too. its sad state of affairs. no freedom. nothing at all.

thank goodness for youtubers who can speak the truth.
How do you know he's speaking the truth and not professional reviewers?

Is ratio actually a verb now? Forgive me but I don't keep up with zoomers' maltreatment of English.

Reactions: Specter Von Baren

Gyrobot

Ask Revachol/Renegades of Woke
May 13, 2020

Is ratio actually a verb now? Forgive me but I don't keep up with zoomers' maltreatment of English.
Because the verified accountss are getting attacking for having a "terrible" opinion

crimson5pheonix

Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
-Then the leaks that spilled several major plot points involving very bad thing s(he?) did to beloved characters,
-Then YouTuber’s further reactions which thousands (or millions?) watched spurring further gear grinding,
-Then Druckmann’s/Baker’s reactions calling them out and saying, “Just play the game”,
-Then the near perfect scores from greater gaming press (which of course had to be bs/paid off/sjw shills/etc.

What have we learned from all of this once the dust settles? Probably that nothing changes.
And don't forget the salt over the working conditions reported at the company, now gaining traction.

Everything is a verb with enough effort.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

At the end of the day, it's bunch of bitches that want to be the victims, while acting inuhuman to everyone else not on their side. Nothing more. Let them rot in their own misery.

And don't forget the salt over the working conditions reported at the company, now gaining traction.
For the anti-SJW/Progessive complaining couldn't care less for ND's working conditions. No matter how good a game is, I have a huge dislike for mentally and physically abusing employees working on them.

Reactions: Gyrobot

crimson5pheonix

Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
For the anti-SJW/Progessive complaining couldn't care less for ND's working conditions. No matter how good a game is, I have a huge dislike for mentally and physically abusing employees working on them.
And what about the vast majority of people who just don't like the game?

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010

Ohhh but Naughty Dog already cleared that up by saying their people do it by choice because they want to make ground breaking games. They probably never anticipated this though.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Because the verified accountss are getting attacking for having a "terrible" opinion
Oh no not the verified accounts......... how will they ever cope /s

They dunk on people regularly themselves. They're getting dunked on back but that's the problem here?

oh oh I know this I have an answer to this one.

"What have we learned?"

Is it that Kotaku and Polygon are Alt-right Nazis because they put out reviews (without scores) that were negative in regards to the game?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Most of them do. That's pretty common actually.
I've already noticed. A guy a subscribed to on YT, who streamed on Twitch felt they did not change of gameplay wise, and is filled with too much padding. And he's a big fan of the first game.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
So, one group is saying that any criticism of the game is down to sexism/homophobia/other, and another group is saying that any praise of the game is due to being paid off and wanting to support an agenda.

So...Tuesday?

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Looks like the apologists have finally started.

Sorry Shinji, seems they think you're just a shortsighted reactionist.
Hey, I'm back, I'm back for more! Why? Cuz fuck me, I guess!

Anyway, I don't feel personally attacked by this statement from Forbes. I actually decided to jump back into the game after letting things cool and simply watching the ending on Youtube. Now that I know about certain things that happen I can feel less spicey about it when it does, and focus more on the actual gameplay, which I really like. Also, I just want to complete this thing just so I know I bested it from an emotional standpoint.

I think I can bring down all the issues with this game (eventhough I haven't finished it yet) down to one root problem; Ellie is uncharacteristically dumb. People who are mad about Joel's death (why bother spoiler tagging it anymore) and how he dies can probably be catagorized into two groups: Those who are mad that the Hero got killed. And those who are mad because they don't have any place to put that trauma, because Naughty Dog didn't provide it in the story because they made Ellie dumb. I fit squarely in the latter. And I think a lot of other people do too.

Ellie really should've been the vessel for the audience to share that grief, but because Ellie is written to just want petty revenge the audience is left in the cold, completely detached from her. And it would make somekind of sense if this behaviour was natural to Ellie's character, but it isn't. Naughty Dog terribly overestimated the audience's thirst for blood and comeupance, thinking we would be jumping at the chance to hunt down those who killied Joel and make them hurt, wrongfully imprinting that onto Ellie's character. When really we just want to be with Ellie as she deals with this horrific loss in a way that doesn't cheapen Joel's death. If they really wanted to find a way to bring Ellie into the action -- so they can make it an action game -- they should've had Jesse be the one who's out for blood and have Ellie and Dina go after him to bring him back and make sure he doesn't do anything stupid. This could then function as the catalyst for the adventure and for following events to transpire. All the while we could see a traumatized Ellie slowly having to come to terms with what happened, and have Dina act as her rock. Just as the first game was all about Joel coming to terms with the trauma of losing his daughter, and ultimately failing, the sequel could've been about Ellie dealing with the trauma of losing Joel, and as counter to the first game, succeeding.

But instead Ellie is dumb. That's why the story is bad; not because Joel gets killed, or how he gets killed, but because Ellie is written to be dumb in the wake of it for the sake of action gameplay.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
So, one group is saying that any criticism of the game is down to sexism/homophobia/other, and another group is saying that any praise of the game is due to being paid off and wanting to support an agenda.

So...Tuesday?
Exactly why I posted those two videos. Just the same shit over and over.