To all Pokefans : Has anybody legitly caught them all?

latiasracer

Jul 7, 2011
Hello!
Now, i was wandering has anybody actually caught them all?
If so when and what game? Im playing Soul silver and its taken me about a month, but ive got 175/473 o_O
I Have used the "Action replay" But only to give myself the Event Key Items, Like Oaks Letter ect ect.
So...?

Tartarga

Jun 4, 2008
Nope, I got pretty close in Sapphire once though. I only needed six more pokemon to complete the damn thing, but then my cousin saved over my game and extreme rage was had. I've never gotten anywhere close since then.

Ulquiorra4sama

Saviour In the Clockwork
Feb 2, 2010
Caught 'em all in Diamond.

Haven't really othered with doing it in White. I just sent over the pokemon i actually used in Diamond and the rest may follow one day just for the sake of 100% completetion, but it's not happening in the forseeable future.

latiasracer

Jul 7, 2011
bleachigo10 said:
Nope, I got pretty close in Sapphire once though. I only needed six more pokemon to complete the damn thing, but then my cousin saved over my game and extreme rage was had. I've never gotten anywhere close since then.
D: That sucks.

latiasracer

Jul 7, 2011
Ulquiorra4sama said:
Caught 'em all in Diamond.

Haven't really othered with doing it in White. I just sent over the pokemon i actually used in Diamond and the rest may follow one day just for the sake of 100% completetion, but it's not happening in the forseeable future.
Same, But i just cba with White, Most of the New pokemon are crap (Rubbish bag o_O) and the old ones look awfull with the new veiwpoint (I.e Meganium DX)
Ive completed white, but ive caught about 30 :L

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Yes, back when there was only 151 of 'em. I did it on my Yellow version, between me and a friend from school we worked to get them all. We got Mew from another friend. He had cheated to get it, but I didn't so I don't count that.

pendragon177

Jul 12, 2009
I did after several years in the original Silver. I even got Mew without an Action Replay or Gameshark. There's a glitch in Red/Blue/Yellow that lets you catch Mew rather legitimately.

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
Yes, I "legitly" caught them all in Pokemon Blue. At the time, I had plenty of people to trade with.

It doesn't really make much sense to "catch" them with cheat codes. It's like cheating at Solitaire.

LokiArchetype

Nov 11, 2009
I've caught them all up to Heart Gold except for 6 of the event-only pokemon (I only have celebi, mew, and jirachi).

I don't think event-only pokemon really count towards completion though, personally.

Takuanuva

Jun 12, 2011
...it's a game made in Japan. Which means japaneese people most certainly played it. Which means, that there is propably a whole club of people who caught every single one of these little f***ers...
It kinda depends on the definition of "caught" and "all". Every new generation adds some new pokemons, and you can't 'catch' some of them (starter pokemons, for example, can only be obtained at the begining of each game, and only one per playthrough). Considering the fact, that the only thing you have to do to get the 'caught' icon and additional data in the pokedex (at least in Ruby/Saphire/Emerald) is just HAVING that pokemon at some point in the past, you can theoretically get all of them by getting every single pokemon on his most basic level (sometimes more than one copy in case of pokemons with multiple evolution possibilities, like eevee), and then training the sh*t out of them (or using stones, or raising their happiness, or whathever) until they evolve. Of course, that would mean, that you've lost the original pokemons (unless you count evolutions as the pokemons they were before)...
I have no idea what I've just wrote, because I'm trying to do way too much stuff at once, so here's the short version: yes and no. It's very likely that there is someone with a full pokedex, but whenever he "caught them all" or not depends entirely on your definition of 'caught' and 'all'.

latiasracer

Jul 7, 2011
zehydra said:
Yes, I "legitly" caught them all in Pokemon Blue. At the time, I had plenty of people to trade with.

It doesn't really make much sense to "catch" them with cheat codes. It's like cheating at Solitaire.
Ive only used the cheats to get the Items that you can normally only get in events
(Oaks letter, Enigma stone, Liberty Pass ect)

I Don't see the point in cheating for the others, like you say.

latiasracer

Jul 7, 2011
pendragon177 said:
I did after several years in the original Silver. I even got Mew without an Action Replay or Gameshark. There's a glitch in Red/Blue/Yellow that lets you catch Mew rather legitimately.
Yea, i know about that- i used that to get mew onto my Original silver, but i guess i never got around to completing it...

J_Monsterface

Aug 8, 2011
back in the day me and my best fiend beat red and blue respectively, and ended up with 152 using the gameshark for mew and the cinnabar island cheat for missing-no.

we got to 150 through a trade, and proceeded to dance on a pick-nick table and sing the tv show theme, until his dad came outside and told us to stop because the neighbors might see (i appreciate that in hindsight)

all was lost though, when we found out that all you got for it was a certificate

i didnt even try to beat another game for years

it was like in south park when they beat guitar hero and it just called them gay

Navvan

Feb 3, 2011
Well technically no since its impossible to catch them all. I evolved some and traded for others, but I did get the original 151 and 251. Except those that were "locked" which I simply unlocked and caught them in the same manner one normally would if they had an officially been unlocked by Nintendo. I became less dedicated to it in following games and only bothered to catch ones that I was interested in for a team lineup or simply liked.

Thousand Tides

Apr 12, 2010
i caught all of the new pokemon in white, but not the old ones. i kinda feel its a waste of time to keep catching the old pokemon over and over.

ilspooner

Apr 13, 2010
bleachigo10 said:
Poor you. You should have beaten him to death with the cartridge.
OT: No, I haven't gotten close. The closest I have gotten is in SoulSilver, with around 360. But, I don't think I will ever finish, without cheating. And cheating is for lameos.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
I think that at this point it's impossible to 'catch em all' outside of the GB/ GBC games and it's not just because of Pokemon you can only get during special events like Arceus, Darkrai etc. If you count shiny Pokemon and every single Unown (A-Z, ? and, !). Even if you do catch every Pokemon, AND their shiny form, AND A-? of Unown AND, their shiny forms AND, event only Pokemon (of those, the 3 BW ones are still not yet officially out) then you have caught them all. Not impossible but excruciatingly difficult.