To every WoW player.

DYin01

Oct 18, 2008
Cpt_Oblivious said:
I'm an on and off player, currently at an off moment until nearer Cataclysm. I started on release day, after months and months of anticipation.
Same here, pretty much. Started playing a few months after the release but quit because none of my real friends played. Later started playing again around the release of WOTLK because my girlfriend was playing and now I'm off again till Cataclysm.

I'm not that much of a raider. I mostly just like the Warcraft lore and world and I like strolling around in the WoW world, doing quests and leveling up. I'll most likely stick with Cataclysm for a few months before moving on and playing another game more extensively.

Infinatex

BLAM!Headshot?!
May 19, 2009
I started around 4 months ago. My PS3 died, so I booted up my old PC to see what games I could play for the week or so while it got repaired. The only thing I had in my room was a WoW trial cd (actually I had about 5 of them, there must be more WoW trial discs out there then people!)

I started it up and gave a Night Elf Druid a go and did not really like it at all. Certain things were cool but I just couldn't get into it. (Having to run on min. specs didn't help either). When I found out my PS3 would be taking at least a month for repairs, I pimped out my PC and gave it another go - this time as an Undead mage.
30 mins in (and now running at max specs) I decided I loved and went out and got a full version that evening.

A few months on I have a 75 Blood Elf Warlock, 20 Undead Mage and a 20 Blood Elf Hunter. Bring on the Cataclysm!!!

Serenegoose

Faerie girl in hiding
Mar 17, 2009
I started playing a few years ago (4?) and was fairly impressed - I think stopped after a while for about 1 year, but picked it up again later. I played out of the hope that the warcraft 1-3 story would be continued in a meaningful sense, but I found that the story was all too quickly forgotten and just occasionally referenced to - I enjoy the game, but I only play it occasionally when I just want a game to distract me whilst I listen to music or talk on MSN. I think my highest level character is a level 73 Draenei Shaman. When cataclysm rolls around I'll try my hand at it again, and hopefully the story will be more of a driving factor this time, but I doubt it will change to any real extent. Mainly I like just making alternate characters and playing with the different styles, as well as getting loot and going 'ooh, pretty'. Well, up until you get to outland, where the only real response is 'I look like a jester'.

Deathkingo

Aug 10, 2009
The thing that really got me hooked was when I learned my Prof. I loved it! It really seemed to breathe life into the game, making it seem like an actual WORLD. Plus, I got to use all those fancy things I learned in AP econ. Good stuff!

Theninja'skatana

Aug 29, 2010
Few weeks ago, Up to lvl ten pretty good.
Lvl 30 on the other hand a soul draining grind.
like any mmo it gets better with friends.

AfterAscon

Tilting at WHARRGARBL
Nov 29, 2007
I started at the launch of The Burning Crusade on a new server and it was amazing. I was very fortunate to fall into a great group of people, which we all later went on and formed an epic guild together. From about level 15 to 60ish I was almost always in a minimum group, usually consisting of the same 2 or 3 people. I've solo levelled characters since then and it makes the world of difference. I'm going to start again at the launch of cataclysm with a new alt and hope I meet a few like minded people who are doing the same.

Also I levelled as a Protection Paladin and during TBC where you could see on the forums that they were a useless class (especially retribution; how times have changed).