Tomorrow I'm gonna do something stupid and pointless with little chance of success.

MortisLegio

Nov 5, 2008
Strain42 said:
Wish me luck!

...For those of you who want some more details here about what you're wishing me luck for. I'm about to ask out a professor at my school.

My final semester as a student here is about to end, and I can't let myself leave the school forever without taking this shot.

Chances are she'll say No (and I'm not saying this as any sort of confidence issue just...I mean in the given scenario, it makes sense lol)

But I'm gonna go for it. Carpe Diem and all the jazz!
Good luck. Hopefully it works out for you. The only thing I ask is be sincere with how you feel.

Strain42

Mar 2, 2009
geK0 said:
How old is this teacher and why are you interested? : \
Admittedly a bit older than I am (doesn't really matter to me, though admittedly that might matter to her) and I'm interested because she is an intelligent, mature, beautiful woman who I'm attracted to. What more reason do I need? ^^

Alright, well I'm off to bed now, folks. The next time you see me here, I'll be sure to give a full report of what happened.

Thanks for all the support. I'm feeling pretty darn good about this now :)

Risingblade

Mar 15, 2010
Do it, then post here with your failure so we can laugh at you. If you do manage to succeed then good job!

Jodah

Aug 2, 2008
Andy Shandy said:
I read the title and support the decision.

As does House

And Hitler

So nothing can go wrong :D
Your links have been shot...in the head...twice.

Good luck. The worst that can happen is everyone laughs at you and mocks you!

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
If this teacher has been teaching there a while she probably gets at least half a dozen students ask her each year, but that doesn't mean that you can't still ask nor that you won't be successful. As they say nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Chalacachaca

May 15, 2011
Holy shit man, best of luck!

Now if I could only track down that 9th grade teacher... oh Carol...

Superior Mind

Feb 9, 2009
You're a crazy bastard and you will most likely fail and embarrass yourself greatly.

Therefore let my complete admiration soften the inevitable blow. Remember that on these things it is far better to regret an action an an inaction. I stand ready with a celebratory or commiserative alcoholic beverage.

GlorySeeker

Oct 6, 2010
yeah, good luck. Whats the worst that could happen? Shell say no, and then life moves on. Take the shot while ya got it.

godofslack

May 8, 2011
I feel good about this so does Captcha "whole nine yards".

Best of luck (also my last Captcha was seize the day, so I chuckled a bit when you said Carpe Diem)

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Jodah said:
Andy Shandy said:
I read the title and support the decision.

As does House

And Hitler

So nothing can go wrong :D
Your links have been shot...in the head...twice.

Good luck. The worst that can happen is everyone laughs at you and mocks you!
Hmmm...the image urls are both static ones so I suppose that means only I can see them. I shall see if I can find better links for them then =P

EDIT: Better?

MorsePacific

Nov 5, 2008
I feel like this is stupid and pointless with little chance of success. I also don't see what the big deal is.

It's just asking another girl out.

El Dwarfio

Jan 30, 2012

CROSS IT! CROSS IT!!!

I guessed the gist of he thread from the title an was preparing some biting putdown, but it sounds pretty ballsy, so good luck, let me know how it goes brah ;_

Firstmark_Bannor

Aug 11, 2011
Good luck Lad. I almost always support taking chances with slim to none odds of success, They tend to have the biggest payoff. So go and Bring glory to your name and Honor to your house hold!

LetalisK

May 5, 2010
Strain42 said:
I'll be sure to let you all know how it went as soon as I can :D Thanks for all the positive support.

If it goes well, I will celebrate with beer and Pokemon.

It it doesn't...I'll get over it with beer and Pokemon.

I can't lose!
Throw "ask out some other girls too" into both of those scenarios. Dating is a numbers game and we demand entertainment. :)

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
...What exactly is the age difference? Because that would probably be the biggest reason for you being destined to fail.