Tony Hawk HD Does Not Feature Guerrilla Radio

teh_gunslinger

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. did it better.
Dec 6, 2007
Kojiro ftt said:
Grey Carter said:
As a journalist, I'm required to at least pretend to be nonpartisan. It's my job to tell you the news, not what you should think about it.
Ha! When has an Escapist writer ever been nonpartisan? You guys are the most opinionated writers in game news.

But I do agree, not including that epic song is a crime.
You don't frequent Rock Paper Shotgun do you? I often find the lack of bias in articles on here to be infuriating. It's all so safe and bland, with the exception sometimes of the above mr.Carter and the esteemed mr. Chalk.

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
teh_gunslinger said:
Kojiro ftt said:
Grey Carter said:
As a journalist, I'm required to at least pretend to be nonpartisan. It's my job to tell you the news, not what you should think about it.
Ha! When has an Escapist writer ever been nonpartisan? You guys are the most opinionated writers in game news.

But I do agree, not including that epic song is a crime.
You don't frequent Rock Paper Shotgun do you? I often find the lack of bias in articles on here to be infuriating. It's all so safe and bland, with the exception sometimes of the above mr.Carter and the esteemed mr. Chalk.
Thank you, I think.

Nami nom noms

Apr 26, 2011
I'm still sceptical that the game will even 'feel' the same. What with a new controller. Guess I'll have to save the THPS2 soundtrack on my xbox hard drive so I can play it at the same time :p

SpAc3man

Jul 26, 2009
That is a tiny list. I loved the huge track list TH: Underground had. Still the best game in the series in my opinion.

EDIT: The only way to have a perfect track list in a Tony Hawk's game they need to include all the music from all the games. When it comes to non-original game music the TH games have always been the best. If they cant afford it they should put together an all new track list and make the music from the other games available as DLC in per-game packages.

GiantRaven

Dec 5, 2010
Good to see Pigeon John on there. He's definitely an artist that deserves a lot more recognition than he gets.

5-0

Apr 6, 2010
That is decision is bad and they should feel bad! Still probably gonna buy it though. Ah...nostalgia.

Frybird

Jan 7, 2008
Predictable News is Predictable.

There were bound to be some tracks missing, and if it weren't for Guerilla Radio, we'd here the same comments if ANY other song out of every THPS Game (or at least the first two) would've gone missing

It's like being heartbroken about not getting christmas presents when it's summer

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Hey, it's a good news/bad news situation in my case.

Good News: You by Bad Religion. That is my favorite song in the entire freaking series! Seriously, I can't get enough of it and even now I could probably listen to it time and time again. It may even be able to force Gee by Girls Generation out of my head!

Bad News: This...this is an XBLA and, PSN exclusive...? You mean there won't be a physical copy of this for me to buy and play? You have lost my sale. I really wanted this game but I'm not going to download it. Thankfully this is a remake of a sports game. An extreme-sport but a sport game none-the-less so I can probably get the originals for the PSX or N64 for cheap and possibly even new.

CoL0sS

Nov 2, 2010
The fuck ? Ah well, I can always mute music and compile my own playlist. It's a damn shame though. I've never been big on Rage Agains the Machine, but nostalgia factor of that song is too great to ignore.

Blunderboy

Apr 26, 2011
I now have about 4 or 5 of those songs banging about in my head now. Awesome.
This is the first I've heard of this, and while it's a shame RATM isn't featured, I'm pretty tempted anyway.
96 Quite Bitter Beings by CKY would be a nice fit too.

Grey Carter said:
It has to start somewhere. It has to start sometime. What better place than here? What better time than now?
I suggest we start it at the Place where everyone can be happy. It's the most beautiful place in the whole fucking world. It's made of candy canes and planes and bright red choo-choo trains, And the meanest little boys and the most innocent little girls.

Pegghead

Aug 4, 2009
As long as I can skate around doing impossible stunts and feeling like an authentic skater dude despite not knowing who any of the skaters are I'll be happy.

Still, would've been nice to see a return of some of the tracks from number 4 (TNT, Drunken Lullabies, Anarchy in the UK, me and my friend used to play that game just to hear the soundtrack).

The Artificially Prolonged

Random Semi-Frequent Poster
Jul 15, 2008
Waaghpowa said:
No Rage Against the Machine? Lost sale!
This. Guerrilla Radio was my one requirement needed to make this a guaranteed purchase.

And also only, songs from the first 2 games, so no Sex Pistols, Ramones, Motorhead or AC/DC? I am disappointed. I always got my best scores in THPS3 when listening to Blitzkrieg Bop.

MrGalactus

Elite Member
Sep 18, 2010
Grey Carter said:
The Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD soundtrack list is here to break your heart.
Mr. Carter, be quiet [www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDpry5dBwOA]
The soundtrack is clearly amazing [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1PgiBpTtao] and you know it.

Shinsei-J

Prunus Girl is best girl!
Apr 28, 2011
This hurts me deeply.
Also no Ramones, the whole reason I was gonna buy this was so I could put on my rose tinted goggles.

Captcha: loud music