Tony Hawk HD Does Not Feature Guerrilla Radio

FoolKiller

Feb 8, 2008
Snotnarok said:
Dumb thing to point out here...custom soundtrack options for consoles? Put whatcha want on! :U
I've been doing custom soundtracks to games since 98. I played my PlayStation and had Winamp play music. This is not that big a deal, and the devs know it.

The better question is are the licenses to use those skaters still in effect? Will I get to don the shoes of Rune Glifberg once again?

ActionDan

Jun 29, 2009
I just with they had The Ernies - Here and Now, and Primus - Jerry Was A Race Car Driver.

WouldYouKindly

Apr 17, 2011
Irridium said:
This is as bad as not including All I Want by Offspring in the Crazy Taxi re-release.

It's just not right dammit!
RAGHHHH! HOW COULD THEY?

Glad to see You by Bad Religion made it though. That song is just the one I most remember. Wish they replaced Superman with anything else though. Streetlight Manifesto maybe if they wanted to bring something new. Red Rubber Ball is an excellent bouncy song even though it's a cover.

Oct 30, 2010
Bring the Noise is the definitive track to me.

Still a shame, cause I like the track.

Ophiuchus

8 miles high and falling fast
Mar 31, 2008
I can deal with lack of RATM, but I'd be absolutely gutted if the Lagwagon song was missing. Glad to see Goldfinger and Bad Religion in there too.

Museli

Nin!
Aug 12, 2009
Pleased to see Goldfinger, Powerman 5000 and Bad Religion, disappointed by the lack of Papa Roach, Fu Manchu and Dub Pistols.

I hope when they release some THPS 3 levels as DLC that they include some of the tracks from that game - I'd love to play Airport with Alien Ant Farm, CKY, or Rollins Band in the background.

Captain Pirate

Nov 18, 2009
Grey Carter said:
I know that idea may frighten some of you, but It has to start somewhere. It has to start sometime. What better place than here? What better time than now?
Oh, I see what you did there.

And what the hell, not including Rage on there..

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009
Well that...sucks.

Oh well, at least it still has "When Worlds Collide." That's at least better than nothing.

Daveman

has tits and is on fire
Jan 8, 2009
No AC/DC, no Iron Maiden and no Rage against the machine... wow that sucks balls. In fairness I gave up on Tony Hawk games after Underground.

gibboss28

Feb 2, 2008
I also see that there is no Anthrax/Public Enemy - Bring the Noise. I find this more distressing. But at least they've got Powerman, not really surpising to be honest, of course they'd have Powerman.

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
gibboss28 said:
I also see that there is no Anthrax/Public Enemy - Bring the Noise. I find this more distressing. But at least they've got Powerman, not really surpising to be honest, of course they'd have Powerman.
They have Bring the Noise, it's the first track on the list. Chuck D is a member of Public Enemy.

MetallicaRulez0

Aug 27, 2008
I am appalled that Cyco Vision was not included. That song is fucking HYPE.

No Rage Against the Machine is a pretty big deal too I guess.

Edit: Wait a minute... NO CKY? You just lost a sale. RATM, CKY, and Primus are the reasons the Tony hawk soundtracks are so awesome.

Wolfram23

Mar 23, 2004
j-e-f-f-e-r-s said:
Grey Carter said:
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD is set for release on PSN and XBLA next month, though obviously we will all be too busy engaging in bloody revolution to buy it. I know that idea may frighten some of you, but It has to start somewhere. It has to start sometime. What better place than here? What better time than now?
...all hell can't stop us now?
All! Hell! Can't - damnit!

Well... Fuck you I won't do what 'cha tell me!

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
Nooners said:
I admit that I never got into the Tony Hawk games that much, so maybe someone can explain it to me...but isn't the focus of a skateboarding game on pulling off crazy tricks and stunts, and not the soundtrack? Heck you could buy Guerrilla Radio off iTunes, blare it in the background, and mute the in-game music if that's what you wanted.
I dunno, the soundtrack just kind of fit the whole skater thing in the late 90s that got so big. I'm getting a little nostalgic just reading the band names of some of the songs people are posting in the comments and in the main article.

IMO, TH1 and 2 were the best games, because they took the very practical approach of saying "to hell with realism!"

jawakiller

Jan 14, 2011
And I shall take my money elsewhere. Activision, this is shameful. You should feel bad.

And Robomodo, you sicken me with your lack of taste.