Top 5/10 best games you have ever played

Chester Rabbit

Dec 7, 2011
Guess I?ll just rate this on the games that made the most impact on me and that I enjoyed played to death.

1.Spyro The Dragon
2.Mass Effect
3.Legacy Of Kain Soul Reaver
4.Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
5.Return To Castle Wolfenstien
6.Hitman: Blood Money
7.Abes? Oddysee
8.Kirby Superstar
9.Fable The Lost Chapters
10.Tenchu: Stealth Assassins

Jeez I am not really satisfied with that list but...honestly I don't know what the best game is I have enjoyed so many. I still have so many games to play. I'll bump this thread when I am coughing the last of my life from my lungs on my death bed

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
I.Muir said:
The year seven showdown got me thinking what are the best games I have ever played even from way back when
So what are yours?

These are mine
1:Banjo Kazooie
2:psycho naughts
3:pokemon gold
4:Skyrim
5:Spyro
6:Half Life
7:Cod 4
8:Halo
9:Majoras Mask
10:NWN Diamond
Possibly even in that order, Greatest to still pretty awesome and addictive
It's hard to narrow it down to just ten

Edit*
Taking this thread in another direction feel free to list 5 to 10 of the worst gaming experiences you have had or just keep on listing the good feels, it's up to you
Banjo Kazooie would be your "greatest game I've ever played"? Wow. Not judging by any means, just saying that when one thinks of "Greatest Games Ever", I doubt BK would come to many people's minds.

As for my list, I'm gonna do a countdown to help with narrowing things down for me. Also, I'm assumin this means "Games that you could pick up and immediately start loving again no matter how old they are" and not "Games that you remember being fun as a child but now are pretty lame."

10: Link to the Past
9: Ocarina of Time
8: Skyrim
7: Mega Man X...good god I played the FUCK out of that game...and still do!
6: Romance of the Three Kingdoms II (SNES)
5: Final Fantasy 2 (4)
4: Predator: Concrete Jungle (what can I say? I'm a huge AvP, particullarly P, fan :p)
3: Fina Fantasy Tactics (original PS version)
2: Aliens vs Predator 2 (PC)
1: Mass Effect series. I refuse to break them up, and if you ask me the EC did a very good job at cleaning up the mess of the original endings...and because I actually predicted all the extended endings (except the new "Fuck yo' choices!" ending) 6 days after the game came out. :p

Coldster

Oct 29, 2010
In no particular order, this would be my top ten I've ever played:

Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door
Halo (Combat Evolved, 2, or 3. I can't choose)
Red Dead Redemption
Mass Effect 3
Portal
Kingdom Hearts 2
Team Fortress 2
Half Life 2
Alan Wake
Shadow of the Colossus

Note that I have said best games "I have played". This means that if I haven't played it, I can't judge it. Sorry.

Also, this isn't my favourite games list, this is the "best games" list (from my perspective). Sure, half this list is my favourite games, but "best" would mean not the most fun I had, but the games I would give the highest scores to.

Killspre

Aug 8, 2011
Favorites
1.Paper Mario
2.Fallout 3
3.Conkers Bad Fur Day
4.Fable: The Lost Chapters
5.Skyrim
6.Legand of Mana
7.Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic
8.Super Smash Bros Melee
9.Kingdom Hearts II
10. Hitman Blood Money
Honorable mention: League of Legends
Worst/Biggest Let down for me
1.Fable II
2.Superman 64
3.Dragon Age
4.World of Warcraft
5.Dead Island

I.Muir

Jun 26, 2008
RJ 17 said:
I.Muir said:
The year seven showdown got me thinking what are the best games I have ever played even from way back when
So what are yours?

Snip

Edit*
Taking this thread in another direction feel free to list 5 to 10 of the worst gaming experiences you have had or just keep on listing the good feels, it's up to you
Banjo Kazooie would be your "greatest game I've ever played"? Wow. Not judging by any means, just saying that when one thinks of "Greatest Games Ever", I doubt BK would come to many people's minds.

Snip

1: Mass Effect series. I refuse to break them up, and if you ask me the EC did a very good job at cleaning up the mess of the original endings...and because I actually predicted all the extended endings (except the new "Fuck yo' choices!" ending) 6 days after the game came out. :p
What's not to like about BK
It may not be the best but it's pretty awesome as is
Tight controls
Good Level design
Art style that does not look all that horrible even now
Simple plot with an antagonist you love to hate because of the huge build up caused by her constant comments in rhyme of all things
I enjoyed finishing it to near total completion on my xbox these near on 7-6 years later

Many people OOT was the best game of all time
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8u4git_7MNs
I personally like BK more though, I even like MM more than OOT
Besides it's not necessarily in that order

Ah mass effect, you can always pretend that the star child never even existed and go straight to the reapers destroyed ending. I think there is a mod that does that for you too.

Wayneguard

Jun 12, 2010
Oh man I thought this thread was about the best games that you've played that scored in the 5/10 range from major reviewers. If that were the case, I would have to go with Tenchu: Return from Darkness (or wrath of heaven for ps2). Man I love the Tenchu games but evidently no one else does.

OT:

1) Morrowind
2) Shadow of the Colossus
3) Deus Ex

The rest are in no particular order.

Mirror's Edge
Donkey Kong Country Returns
StarCraft: Brood War
Disciples 2
Hitman: Contracts
Red Dead Redemption
Dark Souls

can't think of any more off the top of my head but there are plenty of games that could go on the list.

I.Muir

Jun 26, 2008
The7Sins said:
Instead of listing a bunch of honorable mentions like some people have I brought my list out to 15.

15 Mass Effect 1
14 Chip's Challenge
13 Minecraft
12 Final Fantasy 9
11 Civilization 3 Conquests
10 Final Fantasy 4
9 Duke Nukem 3D
8 Borderlands
7 Elder Scrolls 4 Oblivion
6 Elder Scrolls 5 Skyrim
5 Final Fantasy 7
4 Team Fortress 2 (before it went free to play. after the game became shit thanks to hackers\greifers)
3 Civilization 4 Beyond the Sword
2 Diablo 2 Lord of Destruction
1 Final Fantasy 6

Worst Games Ever Played List below.

10 Diablo 1
9 Portal
8 Call of Duty 2
7 Team Fortress 2 (after it became free to play. Before the game was excellent. Now it is infested with hackers\ greifers)
6 Fable 2
5 Final Fantasy 12
4 Final Fantasy 13
3 Final Fantasy 10
2 Final Fantasy 10-2
1 Mass Effect 2

Note I have not played Mass Effect 3, Diablo 3, or Civilization 5. Thus the only reason those 3 pieces of shit are not on my bottom 10 worst games ever played list. Had I listed them would take the 10th, 3rd, and 7th spots respectively for the shit I already know about them.
Portal being there is going to rustle some jimmies
I'm just curious as to why

an interesting idea for worst game ever
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-Y26321_1M
Many people go for superman 64 because that too was so broken

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
Well in order...

1. Deus Ex...
2. S.T.A.L.K.E.R. (Can't decide which...)
3. System Shock 2...
4. Half-Life 2...
5. No More Heroes...
6. Shadow of the Colossus...
7. Dragon Age: Origins...
8. Portal...
9. Zeno Clash...
10. Minecraft...

I.Muir

Jun 26, 2008
Sacman said:
Well in order...

1. Deus Ex...
3. System Shock 2...
4. Half-Life 2...
5. No More Heroes...
8. Portal...
9. Zeno Clash...
10. Minecraft...
Shadow of Chernobyl was always my favorite

THeFraz

Oct 31, 2011
A lot of you guys have such bad taste in games. Here is my top 10:

10. Duke Nukem Forever
9. Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing (Burnout stole so much from this game)
8. Custer's Revenge
7. Anything with the Cabella's title on it.
6. Anything Sonic (3D Sonic of course, none of that 2D crap he was in)
5. Ninja Bread Man (Only reason one should get a Wii)
4. Putt-Putt Joins the Parade
3. Superman 64
2. Kane and Lynch 2: Dog Days
1. Doctor Jeckyll and Mister Hyde

(In all seriousness though, Putt-Putt is awesome... I know it's a kid game, leave me alone)

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
I.Muir said:
Sacman said:
Well in order...

1. Deus Ex...
3. System Shock 2...
4. Half-Life 2...
5. No More Heroes...
8. Portal...
9. Zeno Clash...
10. Minecraft...
Shadow of Chernobyl was always my favorite
Yeah it's certainly the most aggressively hostile... it's just so dangerous and unexpected and adds so much to the overall hopeless feel of the game... which in term makes it alot more potent and compelling...

But Call of Pripyat, despite not being anywhere near as powerful an experience, is certainly a better designed game and irons out a lot of problems with the first game... even if it's at the expense of the compelling atmosphere...<.<

144_v1legacy

Apr 25, 2008
Wind Waker
Portal
Wind Waker
Twilight Princess
Metroid Prime: Corruption
Super Smash Bros Brawl
F-Zero GX
Wind Waker again
Super Mario Galaxy
Civilization V

Kiatta

Jul 17, 2012
In no particular order:

Fallout 3/NV
Saints Row 2
GTA: San Andreas
Skyrim
AC2/Brotherhood
Red Dead Redemption
Portal/2
Civilization 5
Arkham Asylum/City
Half-Life 2

Yes, sir, I do love me some sandbox. :)

144_v1legacy

Apr 25, 2008
The7Sins said:
Instead of listing a bunch of honorable mentions like some people have I brought my list out to 15.

4 Team Fortress 2 (before it went free to play. after the game became shit thanks to hackers\greifers)

Worst Games Ever Played List below.

7 Team Fortress 2 (after it became free to play. Before the game was excellent. Now it is infested with hackers\ greifers)

Note I have not played Mass Effect 3, Diablo 3, or Civilization 5. Thus the only reason those 3 pieces of shit are not on my bottom 10 worst games ever played list. Had I listed them would take the 10th, 3rd, and 7th spots respectively for the shit I already know about them.
That's kind of obnoxious. Claiming a game is a piece of shit without playing it is not generally becoming for one hoping to be seen as a mature gamer. I think Civ 5 is great, and it is responsible for ruining my sleeping patterns.

Which is ironic, considering that hackers and griefers seem to be giving you grief. I didn't start playing until it went free, and the same is true of a lot of others. I have seen, maybe two hackers in over a year of playing the game, and they were quickly excised. And nobody else seemed to have such a hostile attitude as you imply. I think a less conceited viewpoint might be in order.

Disclaimer: you are entitled to your own opinion, though I believe it may require a better explanation such that it may be seem more intelligible.

DeadEyeDan

Mar 23, 2010
1. Deus Ex
2. The Elders Scrolls III: Morrowind
3. Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
4. Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines
5. Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
6. Red Dead Redemption
7. Grand Theft Auto IV
8. The Mass Effect series
9. Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time
10. Fallout: New Vegas

That's my list I think, the top 5 is pretty much unchangeable but its hard to pin down 10 for sure.

I.Muir

Jun 26, 2008
DeadEyeDan said:
1. Deus Ex
2. The Elders Scrolls III: Morrowind
3. Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
4. Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines
5. Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
6. Red Dead Redemption
7. Grand Theft Auto IV
8. The Mass Effect series
9. Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time
10. Fallout: New Vegas

That's my list I think, the top 5 is pretty much unchangeable but its hard to pin down 10 for sure.
If that's the actual order I'm glad somebody else but me likes Zelda MM over OOT

Rooster893

Mwee bwee bwee.
Feb 4, 2009
1. Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus
2. Halo: Combat Evolved
3. Tekken 3
4. Super Smash Bros. Brawl
5. Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance
6. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
7. Halo: Combat Evolved
8. Half-Life 2
9. Super Castlevania 4
10. Sonic Adventure 2 Battle

RooksEye

Mar 17, 2009
In no particular order:

Final Fantasy VII-I know, overrated. But, this is the one that got me into the series, so it's always in my list.

Legend of Dragoon-Great game, found it in the bargain bin in Walmart years ago, never heard of it. Played 12 hours the first night.

Halo 3-This was my first online game (I live in a rural area, so limited internet). Played everyday for weeks. Never got into another online game like that since.

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess- Don't get me wrong, OoT is an amazing game. But, I loved the darker tone of this one and MM.

Final Fantasy X-Still one of my favorite games. Loved the characters, the story, the music, everything. Still play it to this day.

Pokemon Red/Blue-Because you can never have enough Pokemon.

Mario-Too many to put on a list. Paper Mario, Super Mario Land, Mario Kart 64, take your pick, I love it.

Shadow Hearts: Covenant- Same as Dragoon, found this in a bargain bin (at GameStop though), fell in love with the dark tone of the series in general.

Skyrim-Because dragons.

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic- As almost any nerd, I love me some Star Wars. And a game that let me customize, not only my character, but my lightsaber? Sign me up.

The list could go on, but I'll stop for now. As I said, list is in no particular order.