5) Poets of the Fall

Teckdeth

Oct 4, 2010
1) Devin Townsend
2) DGM
3) Lemon Jelly
4) Extreme
5) Opeth

Though this list is highly susceptible to change. Other's considered: Boards of Canada, Dream Theater, Michael Jackson, Regina Specktor, Thin Lizzy, The Reverand Horton Heat, Children of Bodom, Elton John, Incognito, Ayreon, and Dragonland. Oh, and I guess Daft Punk, though Discovery/Interstella 5555 is the only album I love, but I reeeeaally love it!

Inuprince

Aug 12, 2008
1. Godsmack
2. Dio ( I love all of the works from Ronnie James Dio, everything from Rainbow to Black Sabbath, Dio and Heaven and Hell I think they are all fantastic)
3. Marilyn Manson
4. Korn
5. Static-X

xplosive59

Jul 20, 2009
InMe, Devin Townsend, Cynic, Death and Dimmu Borgir (Mainly before In Sorte Diaboli) in no particular order.

ipop@you

Oct 3, 2008
Well it changes on a fairly regular basis but at the moment I would probably say:
1)Turisas
2)Tyr
3)Falconer
4)Rhapsody of Fire
5)Korpiklaani

All folk-y/viking power metal bands :D

The Last Nomad

Lost in Ethiopia
Oct 28, 2009
The less thought I put into this, the better probably.

-Corrosion of Conformity
-Guns n' Roses
-Clutch
-Black Sabbath
-Red Hot Chili Peppers

I could easily replace some of those but I'm not even going to try. But I think you would get the drift based on those 5.

EDIT: Seems I already posted on this thread, with a similar but less precise list.

duktapeman90

Fhqwhgads
Aug 16, 2009
1) Five Iron Frenzy
2) System of a Down
3) Rammstein
4) All That Remains
5) Tool

The only ones that have been constant over the last few years have been the first two, the other three change pretty frequently.

0mn1p0t3ntg6y

Jan 30, 2011
I love how many people are saying Rise Against.
1)Rise against
2)Streetlight Manifesto
3)Red Hot Chili Peppers
4)Zebrahead
5)Lostprophets

pandasaw

Mar 18, 2011
In alphabetical order:

Iron Maiden
Pantera
Slayer
Slipknot
System of a Down

There are more but these are the five I currently grabbed off the top of my head.

darkfox85

May 6, 2011
I love top 5 lists; it forces you to make a decision of who gets nominated and who gets chewed out ? I don?t need to tell anyone that it?s a tough choice. And there?re lot?s of metalers around here. Good stuff. Unlike some of the top 5 of other posters, my own top 5 hasn?t changed at all over the past few years.

5: Emperor
Exemplifying a rock n? roll spirit in a black metal/symphonic metal band that comparatively didn?t take its theatrics too seriously yet was always utterly convincing.

4: Black Sabbath
Perhaps dipping a little just before (and after) Ozzy left, Black Sabbath still press all the right buttons and their phenomenal influence should speak volumes.

3: Alice Cooper
It?s almost blasphemic to leave out my old favourite from so long ago who still won?t let go. The best rock n? roll voice in the business both past and present.

2: Bob Dylan
I don?t know much about poetry but some of the things Bob Dylan has to say have a degree of beauty only matched by how compelling they are.

1: Joy Division
Icy, eerie, and almost bafflingly intelligent, Joy Division reign supreme in atmosphere as well as that rock n? roll spirit.

JaceArveduin

Mar 14, 2011
Blind Guardian
Hammerfall
Stratovarius
Iced Earth
Alestorm

Honorary mentions aren't really bands, but go to the soundtracks for the LOTR trilogy and the people who did the soundtrack for the first Pirates movie.

Raika

Jul 31, 2011
In no particular order:

--Tarja Turunen
--Lady Gaga
--Trout Fishing in America
--King Hell(http://kinghellmetal.com, LISTEN TO KING HELL)
--Jimmy Buffett

Honorable Mention: Sarah MacLachlan, Queen, Tenacious D, Metallica

estoria-etnia

Aug 22, 2009
1) Versailles
2) Nightwish
3) Epica
4) Kamelot
5) D'espairsRay

Although, then again, what I listen to often depends on my mood, this is just what I've been listening to the most lately and a lot of Vocaloid songs. But it makes me really sad that D'espairsRay disbanded recently...