Topical Tuesday: Be a Composer!

SteinFaust

Jun 30, 2008
every boss fight should have "Mortal Kombat" play.
every scripted special weapon rampage should have "Where Credit is Do" from the Eat Lead OST

AnotherAvatar

Sep 18, 2011
I have my system set up so that I can play MP3 players over my speakers and have the game sounds (minus the music naturally) play through the television. While I will do this with any game I find it's most handy while playing grindy RPGs, fighting games, and multi-player FPSs as both of these usually have terrible soundtracks that feel dated and even if that's not the case they are still bound to wear on you with repetition.

What I would change: In games like Fallout where we're going to be spending 100+ hours wandering the very dense map why doesn't the soundtrack feature the same density? Is sound design a weekend job where you just produce one album worth of material for a game that will be CONSIDERABLY longer than that album? Why can't each location have very specific, tonal music, and not just one such theme but many? That was acceptable in the way back when we were programming cartridges and cramming them to capacity but most Blu-ray games don't even fill the disc and MP3's are absurdly small. Let's quit being lazy and give these epic pieces of multi-layered-media the multi-layered soundtracks they deserve!

C.Collyer

Oct 5, 2011
I heard an awsome song by John Mayer Called Assasin which none suprisingly would be ideal for one or two cutscenes of Assassins Creed 2