Tracer from Overwatch Confirmed as a Lesbian.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
http://comic.playoverwatch.com/en-us/tracer-reflections

I know some people out there were convinced it was going to be Lucio, and Zarya was too obvious to be the answer. For me, after all the hub-bub that was made when they said they'd be revealing which of the cast members was officially a homosexual, there wasn't any doubt that it was going to be the game's mascot. :p

Aeshi

Dec 22, 2009
You know, for all the complaints Blizzard has made about all the R34 stuff, they really do seem to love pouring gasoline onto that fire.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Aeshi said:
You know, for all the complaints Blizzard has made about all the R34 stuff, they really do seem to love pouring gasoline onto that fire.
Exactly like with Itigaki and the DOA girls. He through a fit about seeing R34 of them or when somebody did nude mods for the beach volleyball games. I read one of his interviews about it, and said "What the hell you think was gonna happen dumb ass!". Ironically the guys who made Senran Kagura, Dragon's Crown, or Panty & Stocking (the last one is an anime, I know) are either indifferent or cool with it. Gainax studio said they would fell insulted if people didn't do R34 of P&S. Now that is hilarious.

Also, Hideki Kamiya disliked R34 of Bayonetta, but only if she was portrayed as submissive and not dominant. Apparently, that would be out of the character for her.

WindKnight

Quiet, Odd Sort.
Legacy
Jul 8, 2009
Cephiro
Country
United Kingdom
Aw ^_^ She and her GF are so cute together. Kinda hope their not going to keep her as the only non-straight character. (though depending on whether that's a boyfriend with Pharah, they may have nixed one of the most popular ships)

MerlinCross

Apr 22, 2011
Ick.

The comic I mean. I don't know why but I tend to have a hard time reading any of the Overwatch comics on my laptop. Even zoomed in I find it hard to see. Something about the resolution. I had trouble reading Torbjorn's. That or it's my glasses. It was probably nicely done but I dunno, comics read weird to me on a browser/laptop.

Oh right Tracer. That might open up a few more cans of worms for people to bloody argue over. Myself, eh don't care. She's Lesbian, cool. I'll still pick Junkrat more cause he's fun. Not gonna hate the game though suddenly. Fanart/fics are gonna be interesting to see from this point on though.

selere

Nov 8, 2016
A bit of a bad move by Blizzard. By revealing to the public that "one of the characters is homosexual", they gave the fanbase ammo to speculate as much as they wanted. They should have left it there, making the character's sexualities unspecified, as it doesn't need to be, since it has nothing to do with the gameplay. The only result of this is that people will see Tracer as the LGBT token of Overwatch.

lionsprey

Sep 20, 2010
at least this is going to get people to stop shipping tracer and widowmaker... who am i kidding if anything this is going to attach a rocket ship to the ship. also gotta admire blizzards balls in making their mascot character lesbian.

Dornedas

Oct 9, 2014
Of course she is there is too much R34 of here out there to convince the internet of the opposite.

But I am really excited for all the high quality hard hitting journalism pieces the confirmation will result in.

I can already see the headlines:
For all the straight Tracer R34 out there: SFM and the systemic erasure of gay characters.

and of course the thinkpiece: I played Tracer and got killed: An essay on homophobia in the Overwatch community.

SlumlordThanatos

Lord Inquisitor
Aug 25, 2014
1: Someone got paid to write this.

2: Someone else got paid to draw and ink this.

All I'm gonna say is that this gives me hope for my own writing career. I mean, come on, Blizzard. We both know you're capable of putting out much better content than this. Put some effort into it; this comic, combined with the Mei skin, just makes it come across as though you're phoning it in and hoping all the "OMGZ TRACER'S A LESBIAN" stuff makes it all better.

Borty The Bort

Jul 23, 2016
I just posted a "new topic" thing and saw this afterwards. Seriously, the Overwatch forums is like the Battle of Stalingrad right now. I am astonished by the reaction of the fanbase. I am lost for words.

SirSullymore

Mar 26, 2009
There's a lot of weird things about this comic, like Tracers chornal accelerator and Torb's robot arm being gone.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
selere said:
A bit of a bad move by Blizzard. By revealing to the public that "one of the characters is homosexual", they gave the fanbase ammo to speculate as much as they wanted.
This assumes the fanbase wasn't already speculating as much as they wanted. This actually lessens the speculation, as they have a definitive answer on one of the champions.

OT: Don't care either way. Don't play Overwatch, but I enjoy the metastory they've created with the videos. And since her sexuality never comes into play, I don't really care what that sexuality is.

Neverhoodian

Apr 2, 2008
Eh. I don't see what bearing it has on in-game Tracer (the actual game is non-canon according to the story), but it doesn't bother me either way. The salt from the alt-right ("OMG ESS JAY DUBYA PROPAGANDA!") and alt-left ("OMG BLIZZARD PROMOTES KILLING HOMOSEXUALS!") are bound to be entertaining, though.

Besides, Mercy (aka Best Overwatch Waifu) is still fair game...

Borty The Bort

Jul 23, 2016
SirSullymore said:
There's a lot of weird things about this comic, like Tracers chornal accelerator and Torb's robot arm being gone.
People managed to explain the Chronal Accelerator thing by pointing out oddly designed objects in the room which people are taking for granted as "containment fields" of some sort, which sounds like BS founded on a foundation of sand.

As for Torbjorn... Who knows. Blizzard really needs to explain a lot of this. And fast, because there are a lot of plot holes, and people are very, very angry.

SlumlordThanatos

Lord Inquisitor
Aug 25, 2014
selere said:
A bit of a bad move by Blizzard. By revealing to the public that "one of the characters is homosexual", they gave the fanbase ammo to speculate as much as they wanted. They should have left it there, making the character's sexualities unspecified, as it doesn't need to be, since it has nothing to do with the gameplay. The only result of this is that people will see Tracer as the LGBT token of Overwatch.
Reminds me of this series of Tumblr posts:

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
selere said:
The fans have ammo to speculate...and this is a bad thing...apparently.

The people who will see Tracer as the token LGBT character aren't people I'm likely to respect. She had plenty going for her before her sexuality was ever revealed. If they reduce her down to just being a token, that's their problem, not mine.

OT: I really like this. It's honestly just pretty cute because of the simple, good hearted nature of Tracer really shines through. (But literal last minute Christmas shopping? For SHAME Tracer.)

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
According to the lore I'm familiar with Tracer has always been gay and has a 24 inch futa cock

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
Who.

The hell.

Cares?

In a world where innocent people are getting shelled and bombed to death, political figures get assassinated and where the president-elect throws fucking Twitter tantrums...

Two fictional women who are having a holiday together and share a kiss infers that a sexual relationship exists draws outrage.

People need to grow the hell up. And the sooner, the better, for all of us.