Tracer from Overwatch Confirmed as a Lesbian.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Metalix Knightmare said:
Dalisclock said:
Blizzard should run with this. Make everyone canonically bi. Enrage the haters and fuel the shippers by making all possible shipping canonically feasible.
What haters!? The only people I've seen angry about this are the Waifu nuts and Macintosh!
Oh me, oh may, oh my do I have a treat for you.

Nature Guardian

Nov 9, 2016
Metalix Knightmare said:
Nature Guardian said:
No big news.

Now, had they revealed that a MALE hero was gay? THAT would have been brave by Blizzard, and an outrage on the internet.
Yeah, not really. http://www.advocate.com/arts-entertainment/geek/2015/07/07/52-lgbt-superheroes-and-villains

Heck, the men seem to outnumber the women.

(That said I WILL raise a bit of a fuss over Iceman if only because that was pulled so far out of the writer's ass that stomach acid was on it.)

As an avid comic book reader - no.

That's not it.

Ushiromiya Battler

Oddly satisfied
Feb 7, 2010
Dalisclock said:
Blizzard should run with this. Make everyone canonically bi. Enrage the haters and fuel the shippers by making all possible shipping canonically feasible.
Now that would be interesting, us bi people aren't exactly well represented.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Metalix Knightmare said:
Dalisclock said:
What haters!? The only people I've seen angry about this are the Waifu nuts and Macintosh!
The ones who get all hot and bothered about the gayz and SJWs infesting and ruining all their games. Hell, the only thing I know about that one Balders Gate expansion is that apparently there's a Trans character in it and apparently that will not stand.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Metalix Knightmare said:
Dalisclock said:
Take a trip down to the Overwatch forums, then, where there are a not-insignificant number of people taking issue with it.

This is just one such thread, including the classic complaint that it's inappropriate because kids might read it.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20752426936

Edit: Aaand another one, all about how it must be a publicity stunt for "SJW"s. This is how I see "SJW"s used most of the time: to describe in general people who like to see a gay character turn up in media.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20752667308

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
undeadsuitor said:
Silvanus said:
including the classic complaint that it's inappropriate because kids might read it.
Which is funny, cause Symmetra's comic has a child caught in an explosion and have half her face burnt off.

You know

For kids.
Well it's been well established in the US at least, that horrible violence is perfectly fine for kids, but sexy time stuff is just DIRTY!

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
undeadsuitor said:
Happyninja42 said:
undeadsuitor said:
Silvanus said:
including the classic complaint that it's inappropriate because kids might read it.
Which is funny, cause Symmetra's comic has a child caught in an explosion and have half her face burnt off.

You know

For kids.
Well it's been well established in the US at least, that horrible violence is perfectly fine for kids, but sexy time stuff is just DIRTY!
Gay sexy time stuff

Straight people can get to second base on a kids show without raising an eyebrow

Gay people have to keep eachother at arms length because anything closer might as well be graphic anal or something
Eh, not entirely true. I know plenty of people who don't want any sex related stuff, gay or straight on their kids shows, or shows that might tangentially come into contact with their kids. Plenty of prudish types that lump all of it into the "not for my kids" category, under the idea that seeing it will pervert their children.

Metalix Knightmare

Sep 27, 2007
Dalisclock said:
Metalix Knightmare said:
Dalisclock said:
The ones who get all hot and bothered about the gayz and SJWs infesting and ruining all their games. Hell, the only thing I know about that one Balders Gate expansion is that apparently there's a Trans character in it and apparently that will not stand.
Then you only listened to the people defending it, and not the people who were actually complaining who had other issues. (Bugs, established characters having entirely different personalities, the main villain apparently being so powerful that the bad guy from the second game was wary of her despite the fact he could beat up Elminster for lunch money)

Heck, the biggest reason that character was the main focus was due to the devs hiding behind her to try and deflect criticism. (Incidentally, that sort of thing is the main reason I'm wary of any form of media that lists diversity as a selling point or focus.)

undeadsuitor said:
Metalix Knightmare said:
Dalisclock said:
Keep saying that and it might eventually turn true
Kind of is. Freaking a, 8Chan's /v/ and /pol/ boards, two places you'd expect to have thrown a fit over this, don't really seem to give a crap.

Silvanus said:
Metalix Knightmare said:
Dalisclock said:
Take a trip down to the Overwatch forums, then, where there are a not-insignificant number of people taking issue with it.

This is just one such thread, including the classic complaint that it's inappropriate because kids might read it.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20752426936

Edit: Aaand another one, all about how it must be a publicity stunt for "SJW"s. This is how I see "SJW"s used most of the time: to describe in general people who like to see a gay character turn up in media.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20752667308
Those links don't really help you as much as you seem to think they do. The firs guy was thumbs downed to oblivion and seems to have most people there mocking him, and the second one admits that it doesn't really matter and is just offering up viewpoints as to why people would be mad. On both of them anyone who's remotely annoyed by this are getting thumbs down, so it's pretty apparent their the minority there.

erttheking said:
Metalix Knightmare said:
Dalisclock said:
Oh me, oh may, oh my do I have a treat for you.
Still just the Battle.net forums. Granted it IS more than I was expecting, but by and large, my point still stands. No one really cares.